Kiva

Relevance Date Difficulty

Development Interview

Development
New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Kiva in April 2013.

Interview Details – I just went through the first round which typically begins with a phone interview.

Interview Question – It was hard for me to remember specific contracts that I had completed 100% on my own as well as the process I used to win funding for specific projects, opposed to my general over all strategy I typically use.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kiva.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview that was pretty straightforward and the usual questions. The in person interview was very casual. Two of the people in charge of the department were holding it. They asked pretty standard questions and then give you a tour of the office afterwards, which was cool to see.

Interview Question – What is your preferred management style?   View Answer

Review & Translation Intern Interview

Review & Translation Intern
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kiva in March 2012.

Interview Details – Incredibly unprofessional recruiter. Emailed me to schedule a phone interview and suggested a time/date. I confirmed her time slot, but she never called. I emailed her after the interview time slot was over, asking what had happened and if she wanted to reschedule. No response, ever. Until a few weeks later, when I get a rejection email that starts with "Thank you for speaking with me over the phone about Kiva..."

Their HR clearly needs a lot of work. I suspect you will NOT be dealing with a well-oiled machine if you work here.

Interview Question – Why Kiva?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Kiva in November 2011.

Interview Details – First call was from a recruiter who knew little about technology and programming just threw buzzwords. Talked with a Chief Engineer and he/she asked about my background. INterview about about 4 hours without break. I got answered all the technical questions such as :
Code a function to reverse an array without using another one (Answer: Binary Swap)
Algorithm for counting the work(business) days within a specific date range
Some date count which includes Leap Year, Leap Century. This last was quite a challenging problem, it seems the interviewer recently prototyped the question although it was quite challenging (I answered correctly), it needed work before it can be presented to an interview and even he admitted that its a "work in progress". I thought I aced the interview but in the end they passed saying they were looking for someone more Senior in PHP experience. I was disappointed because they never asked specific PHP questions and stuck to more general CS ones and they could have looked at my resume to come to that conclusion without bringing me in for an interview. It was a waste of an interview because of that.

Interview Question – Determine the number of weekdays between date1 and date 2.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Kiva? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kiva interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Kiva employees and interview candidates.