Kiva

Updated Dec 21, 2014
Updated Dec 21, 2014

3.1

Marketing Interview

Pretty easy hiring process: After sending in your application you may receive an initially phone interview which was very casual, more about sorting you into a position than evaluating you. Second interview went over resume details, and relevant skills for the position. I got an offer within a week. The entire process was very smooth and very professionally. I highly recommend applying

Interview Questions
    • What is an example of a time where you fell short of a goal? and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Portfolio Analysis Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Kiva.

The process was quick and very professional. First, the online application, follow by a phone interview, next a personal interview with the team interested, and finally the offer.
    The interview with the directors were really interested and clear about the activities to be done in the job position.

Interview Questions
    • Business model of the company and financial questions.   Answer Question

Portfolio Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Kiva in October 2014.

Applied online and was contacted to interview after about a month. Phone Interview went very well, director was extremely friendly and knowledgable. After one on one interview there was a panel interview with the hiring team.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of how you "left your mark" in your current job.   Answer Question

Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Kiva in April 2013.

I just went through the first round which typically begins with a phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • It was hard for me to remember specific contracts that I had completed 100% on my own as well as the process I used to win funding for specific projects, opposed to my general over all strategy I typically use.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kiva.

I had a phone interview that was pretty straightforward and the usual questions. The in person interview was very casual. Two of the people in charge of the department were holding it. They asked pretty standard questions and then give you a tour of the office afterwards, which was cool to see.

Interview Questions
    • What is your preferred management style?   View Answer

Review & Translation Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kiva in March 2012.

Incredibly unprofessional recruiter. Emailed me to schedule a phone interview and suggested a time/date. I confirmed her time slot, but she never called. I emailed her after the interview time slot was over, asking what had happened and if she wanted to reschedule. No response, ever. Until a few weeks later, when I get a rejection email that starts with "Thank you for speaking with me over the phone about Kiva..."

Their HR clearly needs a lot of work. I suspect you will NOT be dealing with a well-oiled machine if you work here.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kiva in November 2011.

First call was from a recruiter who knew little about technology and programming just threw buzzwords. Talked with a Chief Engineer and he/she asked about my background. INterview about about 4 hours without break. I got answered all the technical questions such as :
    Code a function to reverse an array without using another one (Answer: Binary Swap)
    Algorithm for counting the work(business) days within a specific date range
    Some date count which includes Leap Year, Leap Century. This last was quite a challenging problem, it seems the interviewer recently prototyped the question although it was quite challenging (I answered correctly), it needed work before it can be presented to an interview and even he admitted that its a "work in progress". I thought I aced the interview but in the end they passed saying they were looking for someone more Senior in PHP experience. I was disappointed because they never asked specific PHP questions and stuck to more general CS ones and they could have looked at my resume to come to that conclusion without bringing me in for an interview. It was a waste of an interview because of that.

Interview Questions
    • Determine the number of weekdays between date1 and date 2.   View Answer