Kixeye Analytics Engineer Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Analytics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kixeye.

First I was contacted by a recruiter (obviously). After discussing what KIXEYE has available, I interviewed for an Analytics Engineering position.

The first step with them was a coding challenge. You're emailed a problem and given 24 hours to complete it (it's a non-trivial program you have to write, make sure you pick a good time).

After that, I talked with the team lead and architect in a phone interview to get a good idea of the culture of the team. It was pretty non-technical (since I'd just written a full program for them I suppose).

Afterwards, there was an on-site interview with most of the team and the director. This was also pretty non-technical. There was almost no code writing. Most technical questions were of the general algorithms kind (e.g. binary search, sorting, trees). I spent a good amount of time just talking about video games and other hobbies we shared.

Overall, I found the interview process to be extremely easy. However, I just happened to have the *exact* skillset they were looking for at the time.

Interview Questions
  • Write an address book application (complete with a database and a GUI) in 24 hours.   Answer Question
KIXEYE will low-ball you. Don't accept it. Be sure the check the average salary for your position and demand that. The initial stock vesting schedule was also absurdly long.

Worked for Kixeye? Contribute to the Community!