Klarna

6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Merchant Integration Engineer Interview

Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I applied in-person and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Klarna in October 2013.

Interview Details – It started by a brief talk to HR. Then followed up by a quick IQ test and an interview with mid-level manager. That followed by a technical test and multiple-choice programming test. Then an interview with two senior managers and finally an interview with two team members. The whole process went quick. They don't check your references, but they ask your permission to do a credit/police background check.

Negotiation Details – Klarna has an army culture. Don't get into the company if you can't deal with politics. I left during my probation period and will never come back.

Debt Collector Interview

Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Klarna.

Interview Details – I applied for the job after reading a job add. I attended an interview. Had to undergo a small IQ test of 18 questions. 15 correct answers required to pass.

Interview Question – Classical questions such as "What is your three best/worst features?".   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Klarna.

Interview Details – Many interview steps and various technical tests but the overall process was very well organized and constructive. The recruiter was always very gentle and all the involved interviewers, mostly managers, were also very gentle and informal but professional.

Interview Question – One test was a bit stressing because time based, online, so dependent on internet connection speed.   Answer Question

Analyst With the Technical Mindset Interview

Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Klarna in June 2012.

Interview Details – First I got the call from the HR manager from Klarna that I got full marks in my initial test (which consisted of analytical questions and some assigning priority questions), so she would really like to meet me. She also left me an email, then invited me for interview. Before interview there is always a test , paper based, then interview with HR manager, then with the team leader,(team leader also gives u abrain teasor, but it is just to check whether you are able to handle pressure or not) . The total process takes about three hours.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions as such but questions were;
Why Klarna?
Why do u want to join this position?
What is ur weakness?
What motivates u?
What are ur strengths?
  View Answer

Risk Analyst Interview

Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Klarna in September 2011.

Interview Details – 1) Three online tests: numerical, abstract reasoning and the last one was quite specific (simulation of email replies, ranging mails with their priority according to predefined rules)
2) HR 2:1 interview (questions about personality, motivation, previous experience + brainteaser)
The interview had seemed hard for me, but afterwards I realized that I'd been just unprepared.

Interview Questions

Junior Programmer (Erlang) Interview

Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Klarna in January 2011.

Interview Details – Well.. It started with a formal phone interview. Basically they described what this position is all about and what they expect from their employee.

they sent me a an IQ test via email and advised me to take it before the face to face interview.

I must mention that it had a time limit.

during the face to face interview i was given an iq test again(i will say this one is tougher than the previous one) and a programming test (MCQs). Most of the questions were from C and web technologies(HTML, REST, Database). rest was related to algorithms.

after the tests the recruiter had a formal chat with me and asked how the test went.

she also said that its extremely important to pass the tests to go to next steps of the interview where i will meet some of the developers and one founding member of the company.

Anyway i couldn't make it and they let me knew about it after 2 weeks via phone.

well i will say that you have to be very interested and good in solving these IQ tests.otherwise forget it.

about the programming test-- they will probably will not tell you anything about the test. so basically you don't know what to expect. In my case they said its a programming test and the questions are from text book.

I must say that i was expecting questions from C and web technology stuffs at all.

Interview Question – Whats is REST?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Klarna? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Klarna interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Klarna employees and interview candidates.