Klarna Interview Questions

Updated Mar 12, 2015
Updated Mar 12, 2015

2.8

Credit Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Klarna.

took long time. have to talk with HR over and over, took several tests about math, writing skills and so on. not so difficulant, normal quesition. I think HR plays a very important role in the selection process

Team Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Klarna in February 2015.

The interview process was very short, but had many aspects.

Found the job on LinkedIn and applied on the company website.

Received a phone call from Klarna HR 7 days later, while I was at work. Not the most professional to just call you up for a 30 minute telephone screening without making an appointment before, but luckily I had time to talk (This was the only negative aspect about the recruitment process.)

About 15 minutes after finishing the conversation I received an e-mail with an invitation to an online logic test. Very simple multiple-choice "which-of-the-following-patterns-fits-best"-type of questions.

Finished the test and then the process slowed a bit, since the recruiter got sick. I was following up on the process (do that, when applying, Klarna wants to see that you are really interested in the job!) about 10 days later. Next day, first thing in the morning, the recruiter answered and invited me to an interview with the department head.

The interview was really nice, department head took nearly 2 hours for the interview and showing me around the office after the interview. Asked standard questions, nothing too special or difficult - was more like a conversation than an interview. Asked of course specific questions for the position. Had a really good feeling about the company after the interview.

6 days later i received a rejection, with a rather long explanation why i was not chosen. very good experience indeed - too bad I did not get the job, would have loved to work with Klarna!!!

Interview Questions
    • Are you able to work in a fast paced, fast growing, fast changing company?
      How do you feel about working in a multi-national environment?
      How would you get your team members, who might be older than you and might also applied to this position, on board, how would you motivate them?

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Klarna.

I had applied directly through the website. First round was a 30 mins Skype call with the recruiter, mainly assessing my interests and motivation for joining Klarna. After this, there was a short online test assessing analytical thinking. After a week or so, I got a call back from the recruiter saying that I'll be having a coding homework that I need to submit. The coding test was a business problem in my case and I finished it in a couple of days and sent it back. After evaluation of coding tests in a week, I was informed about two consecutive interviews - one with the project manager and one with a technical team member. These two interviews went for about an hour and a half. Two weeks later, I got a call from the recruiter that after careful consideration and comparison to other candidates who were interviewed, I was not selected.

I think the heartening part was that the recruiter made an effort to call back, even after not being selected and not send an automated email.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Klarna in November 2014.

Very professional and structured:
    when you apply you receive a link to perform an online quiz, an 18-question (or so) multiple choice IQ test mostly focused on pattern recognition. very easy to breeze through if you've done this sort of thing before.
    if you pass this you are then invited to a series of Skype interviews: you will meet the recruiter, then in subsequent interviews your future colleagues, your future manager, and finally if all works out you will be invited to a face-to-face meeting in Klarna house, with HR and a representative from management.

very friendly people and atmosphere, be relaxed and make sure you are well rested and full of energy before the interview!

the reason why i didnt put it as a more positive experience is that the nature of video conferences makes it harder to communicate your personality correctly. a lot of the nuances and small things can be missed easily and as a result you can be considered more shy/tired/muted than you really are :)

at least one initial interview should be face-to-face.

Interview Questions
    • multiple-choice IQ test. very simple and based on pattern recognition (rather than memory, linguistics, etc)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Klarna.

Hate to say that, but this was the worst waste of time I ever had.
    I applied online on their website. I received a reply from their HR only a month after that. They invited me to take an online logic test. It is pretty trivial and takes 15 minutes.
    After week or so they invited me to a Skype interview with HR. It took about half an hour with standard HR questions about your background etc.
    Afterwards they give you a code assignment, which you should complete in 7 days. I applied to the front-end position so the task was to build a small interactive web page. Nothing hard if you have done any decent web development. For me it was quite easy and I finished it in one evening.
    After another week they invited me to a Skype interview with 2 guys from the dev team. Questions were about Javascript. Again nothing too hard, if you have at least some experience.
    After another week they invited me to another interview with the team lead.
    After yet another week they invited me to another 2 interviews, one with mid level manager and another with VP. Yes, at that point I started to feel that this is going nowhere.
    All those guys asked me exact same standard HR questions, without any interest or emotion. Both team lead and his manager were quite unexperienced. Both of them admitted they worked on their positions for a couple of months. Actually they acted like it was their first day at job and they couldn't even answer basic questions about the team and work process. They tell you that they are like a startup but in reality I got a feeling that I'm talking to some big faceless corporation filled with "pointy-haired bosses". They say that their hierarchy is flat, but in reality I talked with people from 3 different management levels, and judging from what they said there are more managers in company than developers.
    After yet another week I got the standard copy-pasted rejection email.

Overall I spent 2,5 months and didn't even heard any reason about why I was rejected.
    I understand that some candidates just doesn't match some companies, but if you put candidate through 5 interviews and 2 testing tasks, you could at least spend 2 minutes to write something meaningful about why you feel he doesn't match.

Interview Questions
    • Standard javascript questions about scope, context, closures, prototypes, inheritance etc.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

4 rounds of interview. One online IQ test. Same test again with an additional programming test (mcq) when you go for onsite interview. First interview is with recruiter like where do you want to see in 5 years etc. Then technical round with problem solving skills and interview on your previous experience. And finally one interview with management.

I negotiated little bit.

Customer Service Interview

Several steps. Very serious and professional.

Debt Collector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Klarna.

I applied for the job after reading a job add. I attended an interview. Had to undergo a small IQ test of 18 questions. 15 correct answers required to pass.

Interview Questions
    • Classical questions such as "What is your three best/worst features?".   Answer Question

Merchant Integration Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Klarna in October 2013.

It started by a brief talk to HR. Then followed up by a quick IQ test and an interview with mid-level manager. That followed by a technical test and multiple-choice programming test. Then an interview with two senior managers and finally an interview with two team members. The whole process went quick. They don't check your references, but they ask your permission to do a credit/police background check.

Klarna has an army culture. Don't get into the company if you can't deal with politics. I left during my probation period and will never come back.

Frond End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Klarna in September 2013.

First there was an IQ test. Then I met my boss, then two developers, then did some technical test and finally met the head of development. They sent me two tests: one for the Javascript as a programming language and another one was a standard programming test made by one of the developers at Klarna.