Klarna Interview Questions

Updated Jul 9, 2015

Front-End Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Klarna in July 2015.

Interview

The entire processes is a first chat with a recruiter, a interview with a team leader, a pair programming section with dev team and a in side interview with managers. Initial chat, we talk about my background, no technical questions, more about how I did what I said that I did in my resume. In a week I made a interview with a tech leader about, I don't remember exactly the questions, but was about my work background.

Interview Questions

• Create a JS code that is possible generate a car and a motorcycle, a car must have 4 wheels and 2 lamps, and a motorcycle must have 2 wheels and one lamp. Write a function to make this vehicles run while have fuel.   Answer Question

Compliance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Klarna (Columbus, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and they contacted me via email and asked me to take an online logic/iq test. If you passed, they would contact you to continue on in the interview process. I did pass and got a phone interview. I did not get an onsite interview.

Functional Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Klarna (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in June 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application online, then was contacted a few days later by email to do a 10 minute online logic test. After completing the test, a technical recruiter emailed me to set up a 45 minute phone screen, where he gave me background on the company and I explained what I was looking for. Having established a good fit on both sides, I was invited onsite for interviews. I had three interviews, a team lunch, and then a pair programming session, then finally a cap-off meeting with the VP of Engineering for Stockholm and a gentleman from Talent Acquisition.

Software Engineer, Functional Programming Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Klarna (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied on the Internet for a functional programming developer. I got a reply two days later from their recruiter and we scheduled a screening interview for around 30 mins on Skype. The call went well and I got an email with a logical reasoning test and a programming assignment. The logical test was kind of series of logical shapes that you need to decide on the next matching shape. I think you need to correctly solve 15 out of 18 questions to pass the test. The programming assignment was fun and I worked on it during a weekend, you have 72 hours to send it back. Fews days later, it was time for the second Skype interview with the development manager and two senior engineers. Everything went well, the guys were really nice and just trying understand what you did before and your areas of interest. Thats when I started to be more excited for the job. Again, few days later I was offered to come on klarna office and meet the HR, hiring managers and two more senior developers. The whole process took 5 weeks from the day I applied online until I got the final reply. In total I was interviewed by 9 persons (2 HR, 3 managers, 4 Sr. developers) yet it was a really good experience. All questions where relevant and interesting to solve without any unnecessary complexities. Its one of the best interview experiences I had.

Consumer Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Klarna (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Within a couple of days I was sent a link to an IQ test (standard logical intelligence test). Guess I passed because I was contacted a couple of days later to meet HR. The interview went well and the guy said he would recommend me to meet the person who would be my boss. I gave it the weekend to think about if the role was perfect to me or not and decided not to go any further.

Interview Questions

• The usual questions about background and experience. But honestly it was more like a great discussion about the company and the products rather than a "normal" interview.   Answer Question

I love Klarna. It just wasn't the perfect move for my career.

Credit Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Klarna.

Interview

took long time. have to talk with HR over and over, took several tests about math, writing skills and so on. not so difficulant, normal quesition. I think HR plays a very important role in the selection process

Team Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Klarna (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very short, but had many aspects. Found the job on LinkedIn and applied on the company website. Received a phone call from Klarna HR 7 days later, while I was at work. Not the most professional to just call you up for a 30 minute telephone screening without making an appointment before, but luckily I had time to talk (This was the only negative aspect about the recruitment process.) About 15 minutes after finishing the conversation I received an e-mail with an invitation to an online logic test. Very simple multiple-choice "which-of-the-following-patterns-fits-best"-type of questions. Finished the test and then the process slowed a bit, since the recruiter got sick. I was following up on the process (do that, when applying, Klarna wants to see that you are really interested in the job!) about 10 days later. Next day, first thing in the morning, the recruiter answered and invited me to an interview with the department head. The interview was really nice, department head took nearly 2 hours for the interview and showing me around the office after the interview. Asked standard questions, nothing too special or difficult - was more like a conversation than an interview. Asked of course specific questions for the position. Had a really good feeling about the company after the interview. 6 days later i received a rejection, with a rather long explanation why i was not chosen. very good experience indeed - too bad I did not get the job, would have loved to work with Klarna!!!

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work in a fast paced, fast growing, fast changing company? How do you feel about working in a multi-national environment? How would you get your team members, who might be older than you and might also applied to this position, on board, how would you motivate them?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Klarna in February 2015.

Interview

The whole process was very slow. From my first application online to the rejection, it took 2 months. Could have saved me a lot of time and efford. In the end, i found out, that the team that they hired for was already fully hired and the job offer is still up here to this date. Weird!

Interview Questions

• Realy do not understand why i have to finish an intelligence test if im applying for a customer service type of job.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Klarna.

Interview

I had applied directly through the website. First round was a 30 mins Skype call with the recruiter, mainly assessing my interests and motivation for joining Klarna. After this, there was a short online test assessing analytical thinking. After a week or so, I got a call back from the recruiter saying that I'll be having a coding homework that I need to submit. The coding test was a business problem in my case and I finished it in a couple of days and sent it back. After evaluation of coding tests in a week, I was informed about two consecutive interviews - one with the project manager and one with a technical team member. These two interviews went for about an hour and a half. Two weeks later, I got a call from the recruiter that after careful consideration and comparison to other candidates who were interviewed, I was not selected. I think the heartening part was that the recruiter made an effort to call back, even after not being selected and not send an automated email.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Klarna (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in November 2014.

Interview

Very professional and structured: when you apply you receive a link to perform an online quiz, an 18-question (or so) multiple choice IQ test mostly focused on pattern recognition. very easy to breeze through if you've done this sort of thing before. if you pass this you are then invited to a series of Skype interviews: you will meet the recruiter, then in subsequent interviews your future colleagues, your future manager, and finally if all works out you will be invited to a face-to-face meeting in Klarna house, with HR and a representative from management. very friendly people and atmosphere, be relaxed and make sure you are well rested and full of energy before the interview! the reason why i didnt put it as a more positive experience is that the nature of video conferences makes it harder to communicate your personality correctly. a lot of the nuances and small things can be missed easily and as a result you can be considered more shy/tired/muted than you really are :) at least one initial interview should be face-to-face.

Interview Questions

• multiple-choice IQ test. very simple and based on pattern recognition (rather than memory, linguistics, etc)   Answer Question