Klick Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.6

Account Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Klick (Princeton, NJ) in August 2009.

Interview

Met with Lori Grant who runs Client Services at a Starbucks near me. After that went to Toronto to meet a bunch of people from the team and then other execs. Each interview was an hour and each one was totally different. Each exec focused on their area - BD, Production, Analystics, etc.

Interview Questions

• Presenting a case. They give you a client situation then you have to provide your solution and present it to the senior team.   1 Answer

Negotiation

One on one - I shared what was important to me because I have 3 kids and want to make sure I keep time aside for them. Lori was pretty empathetic to that as she has 2 of her own and the whole exec team has young kids too.

Senior Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Klick (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

step1: got a call from HR to set up an interview with Director step2: Interview with Director for 2 hrs (it was kind of stupid and awkward sitting down with Director for 2 hrs) step3: about a week later, they sent me a case study to work on and present the finding to their team. The case study took about 2 weeks to complete. I find that this company (at least for this position that I applied) is a waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• I was sitting with the director for 2 hrs in his office. The questions were lots more general and typical HR questions. - what is your future goal - what is your strength and weakness, how you go about to achieve goal - give an example of how you convince someone to follow your idea Basically, they want you to provide the additional information to the audience so that you can up sell the service.   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Klick (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Got a phone call not long after to set up an in-person interview with Director of Analytics. Got there and met with the Director that was clearly unprepared, typical questions but wanted more detail about responsibilities in old job. He contacted one of the managers on google chat while I was there and I had a meeting/interview with her outside Starbucks. She was pretty talkative and clearly loves her job so she ended up doing most of the talking. She explained the culture at the company pretty well. If you pass this stage, they send you a case study to do at home and present to the group.

Interview Questions

• Why do you see yourself in 5 years type of question? How does this role fit into that? What type of development opportunities do you seek to improve your skills? Your experience with Google analytics   Answer Question

Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Klick (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Way too long. They will make you interview with a lot of people - basically to ensure u r a cultural fit but I was told by one guy what they are really looking for is someone to go drinking with.. It seems after 5 months here it's just a group of lonely losers who are trying to pad their friends lists by hiring people who want to hang out after work. I have never been pressured in my life as much as I have at klick to hang out after work with my co-workers. This isn't a company but a cash cow cult

Interview Questions

• Do you like to drink? - was seriously asked this in my 3rd of 5 interviews   1 Answer

Full Stack Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Klick in March 2015.

Interview

I got contacted by one of their in house recruiters, later I received a call to setup a test interview on the next day. They have their in-house test, which focuses on your algorithm writing skills and your SQL query skills. No Internet access and the documentation provided wasn't full. The technical test (coding a game) was a bit odd and challenging but doable if there is enough time, on the other hand, SQL test is very easy. The test is pass/fail no marks allocated for css, html, javascript or SQL. Though I didn't make it to the next round I would be very excited to take the test again and work for such a descent company.

Interview Questions

• 3 SQL queries, easy to solve and based on joining tables.   Answer Question

Engagement Advocate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Klick.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a Recruiter. Then I was asked to come in for an interview with the Director. Easy questions and the person I met with was very pleasant. She gave me an overview of the role and laid out expectations right from the start. Overall it was a great experience.

QA Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Klick.

Interview

First round was telephone screening and second round was technical. I had to go to the Klick location in downtown Toronto to give exam. Parking is a bit of an issue around this area. I recommend taking TTC. Office environment is very pleasant. They offered me coffee too and asked me to wait in a wonderful waiting lounge. They had a little freezer in the exam room and was told to feel free to use it. I had a can of coke to chill my nerves.

Interview Questions

• There were three questions on SQL, Bug finding and Selenium. If you know your stuff it should be easy.   2 Answers

Front End Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Klick.

Interview

Worst interview i had been too, not to mention the unprofessional staff. So this is what happened to me, i had applied before to this company and had done their front end exam, and never got a feedback after that. Then after a year i was contacted again and i explained to them that i came last year an got no reply. So they apologized for that and told me to come again to do the exam, so i said lets give them another shot and i went again to do the exam, and i passed, so they called me to go do another interview with the team i'll be working with, and i went. After that interview I got an email saying we don't accept exam rewrites and you will not be accepted because you came last yeaar!!!!!!! I think the situation speaks for itself about the company and its staff.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Klick.

Interview

I was contacted by their recruiter after getting referred and she set up a date for me to do their app dev test. The test lasted about 3 hrs but I finished it early. A few days later, I was contacted and she told me that I passed the test and was going to set up an in-person interview for me with 3 other employees. Turn's out one of them was a VP and the other 2 were very senior. However the VP had a fire to fight off and had to leave the interview right at the start. The other 2 didn't read my resume yet so they just winged the interview. After the interview, I was told I will be contacted if I'm to be hired. Had to wait months because they were not "ready" to hire...which was fine since I was not in a rush to switch jobs. But eventually I was contacted by the recruiter with an offer and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult is the technical test, which is not that difficult if you know C# and SQL   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Klick in November 2014.

Interview

From previously having been in touch with the recruitment team, I got a phone call from one of the recruiters wishing to set up an interview with a manager for a department. Not having applied for a position for that particular department, I inquired whether they could send the JD and was told to check their website, but that it would be the same as any other PM JD (it wasn't). Interview was meant to be 1-on-1. However, a heavy cold forced me to re-schedule. The new date, was then requested from their side to be changed to a phone interview. The call started 10 minutes late thus reducing the interview time to 20 minutes. 10 minutes is spent with the interviewer speaking about the role and for me to ask questions about it. 7 minutes was spent interviewing me. The feedback from the interview was extremely prompt and came 4 hrs later. The feedback was that they had gone with another candidate who had more e-learning experience even though there had been no specific interview questions about that. While the interviewer was very personable and pleasant, one can only guess that the decision might have been made before the phone interview and that the request to re-schedule so as not to pass on the cold might still have been taken negatively. C'est la vie...