Klick

Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Director Interview

Account Director
Princeton, NJ

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Klick in August 2009.

Interview Details – Met with Lori Grant who runs Client Services at a Starbucks near me. After that went to Toronto to meet a bunch of people from the team and then other execs. Each interview was an hour and each one was totally different. Each exec focused on their area - BD, Production, Analystics, etc.

Interview Question – Presenting a case. They give you a client situation then you have to provide your solution and present it to the senior team.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – One on one - I shared what was important to me because I have 3 kids and want to make sure I keep time aside for them. Lori was pretty empathetic to that as she has 2 of her own and the whole exec team has young kids too.

Senior .NET Developer Interview

Senior .NET Developer
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Klick.

Interview Details – Interviewing process was speedy - they interview/test a lot of people so they don't' waste too much time. After a preliminary phone interview I was invited to take a skill test. They say it's a pass/fail scenario but I do believe they rank the candidates and order them by results, as I have seen many people take the test and just a few be interviewed afterwards. The test is not extraordinarily difficult so I have a hard time believing that the majority would fail.

Interview Question – There were no questions I considered difficult or unexpected for the job level I applied for. Neither the interview nor the test were easy, but they weren't absurdly difficult either.   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Developer
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Klick in June 2012.

Interview Details – A simple test and interview with department head and proposed team lead.

Test was basic Web skills, interview was just about personality

Interview Question – Can't recall, nothing out of the normal   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary was what i expected, more than i was making so no negation attempted.

Search Engine Specialist Interview

Search Engine Specialist
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Klick in June 2013.

Interview Details – I was first called by a recruiter for the position. He was friendly, upbeat and very thorough. The recruiter led me through the process and provided detailed feedback throughout. My first interview was at the office and lasted almost three hours. I met with the Senior Director and SEM Manager. The interview questions focused on my previous work. I was then put through a detailed test which took 1.5 hours to complete. What I really appreciated was at the end of the interview the recruiter met with me to summarize the interview and provided immediate feedback.
Within a week I was called back for a second interview. This interview was to go through the Google AdWords certification. I passed!
About a week later the recruiter followed up with a detailed interview thanking me for coming in and letting me know that they had decided to go with someone with more agency experience. Again, I really appreciated the feedback on the process.
Seemed like a great company to work with. The employees in the office looked like they enjoyed their jobs. The office was really nice and swanky.

Interview Question – Describe a process to showcase your skills   Answer Question

.NET Developer Interview

.NET Developer
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Klick in May 2013.

Interview Details – Informed by telephone to attend a test. I am glad to have the chance though I failed. It was not a writing test. You have to code. My problem was I have not asked and consulted for the test system. I spent lot of time to study how to input my codes and I tried several times. I also did not ask for help about syntax.

Interview Question – They developed special test system that is not general IDE.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Klick.

Interview Details – The hiring process is very long. First, pre-screening interview with HR. A week later a 30 min interview with sr. analyst and a technical questionnaire filled on a computer. Another week passed and they invited me in to give a presentation on a sample dataset.

Positives: HR director is very helpful and friendly.
Negatives: Each interview has is followed by a big wait period. They send me a sample dataset on Friday afternoon. I had to work on it during the weekend to prepare for a presentation on Monday. Gives a feeling of a bad working environment right away.
Final decision is made by the director of analytics. It looks like the decision is very personal.

Interview Question – Given the description of the data, how would you set google analytics for the next campaign? What would you do differently?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Klick in June 2011.

Interview Details – Had an interview with 3 different people and a few phone conversations. One was with the hiring manager, another with someone else in the department and the last was with the CEO. The process was exceedingly fast. I applied Thursday, got a call on Friday, interviewed twice on Wednesday and then on Sunday, hired by Tuesday. This was in part because I put pressure on them, as I was coming in from another city, and originally, I only applied to put pressure on my existing work to hurry up with my transfer.

Interview with Hiring Manager was long. Other person in the department pretty short (she had a cold) and CEO medium-length. Hiring Manager got to be pretty conversational. CEO was pretty question-based. Seemed like he wanted to throw me off, but I stuck to who I was, and it turned out fine. Hiring Manager was really helpful, and CEO actually sold me on the company in a big way.

Think things have changed a little since (every role has a test, pretty sure).

Interview Question – What's your passion? What are you proud of? What do you like about Toronto?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The salary was over and above my expectations, and compared to my other offer, way, way better, so I didn't negotiate.

Very Easy Interview

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Klick in December 2010.

Interview Details – 1st- phone call
General questions about experience, and why you want to work for Klick.

2nd- face to face
met with manager I would be working with, was asked a series of questions on how I deal with situations. Was given a tour of the building and all the benefits I would receive from working here.

3rd- face to face with head of the department
Better explanation of the job asked about my long term goals

4th- face to face with CEO
Creepy, and felt like a first date. A lot of personal questions, and then the meeting was abruptly over with a handshake.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – They brought a contract to the table, and I signed. The salary was generous, as was the time off.

Senior BA Interview

Senior BA
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Klick in May 2012.

Interview Details – one face to face interview with pm

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Creative Department Interview

Creative Department

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Klick.

Interview Details – Asked about my portfolio but didn't actually seem that interested in it. Asked me what kind of movies and music I liked. Also wanted to know what sort of work I enjoyed doing. Mostly seemed interested in finding someone who was a good fit personality-wise.

Interview Question – "Do you like Deadmau5?"   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They didn't really seem interested in developing good creative and finding someone who could lead a team, but someone who was "cool" and "creative."

Worked for Klick? Contribute to the Community!