Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Kmart
- Cashier (156)
- Sales Associate (41)
- Front End Cashier (32)
- Assistant Store Manager (17)
- Electronics Sales Associate (16)
- Hardlines Merchandiser (16)
- Kmart Cashier (10)
- Customer Service Associate (10)
- Loss Prevention Associate (9)
- Store Manager (9)
- Loss Prevention Manager (8)
- Overnight Associate (7)
- Service Desk Associate (6)
- Softlines Associate (6)
- Sales Associate/Cashier (5)
- Associate (5)
- Pharmacist (4)
- Loss Prevention (4)
- Electronics Lead (4)
- Customer Service Desk Supervisor (3)
- ASM, Softlines Merchandiser (3)
- Office Associate (3)
- Pharmacy Technician (3)
- Human Resources Lead (3)
- Department Manager (3)
- Floater Pharmacist (3)
- Stock Associate (3)
- Sales Floor (3)
- Assistant Manager In Training (3)
- Assistant Manager (3)
Assistant Manager Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 days – interviewed at Kmart (Asheville, NC) in March 2008.
I was transferring from within the corporate company itself to another division so my interview process was a little different. I interviewed with the district manager and then the individual store manager. I had a sence that the district manager had already made up their mind as to what they wanted from me and that part of the interview was just a formalitiy. The store manager asked quite a few open ended questions and I could tell he was rating me in his mind based on my answers as to where he could best utilize my skills.
- What were my ultimate goals in working for this company? 1 Answer
Other Interview Reviews for Kmart
Assistant Manager InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took a day – interviewed at Kmart in January 2010.
Interviewed with store manager who provided extensive background on the company and disctrict. Asked a few situational questions. Got the impression long hours and 6 day work week was the norm at his store. Not sure if that is a consistent theme through out. Overall very positive exchange.
Assistant Manager InterviewAccepted OfferNegative ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Kmart in February 2009.
The recruiter asked me better interview questions than the DM did.
- Basic interview, Why do you want to work for our company? Tell me about an experience that was not good and how did you handle it? What was the outcome? Answer Question