Kmart

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Kmart in April 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online, I saw the job posting several times so I decided to apply. I received an email to come in for an interview about a day or two after. I arrived about 30 mins early to the interview, I had no trouble at all finding the place being that it was right across the street from the train. I waited about 10-15 mins before one of the hiring managers brought me and two other girls into the back of the store where the interviews were held. One of the girls that I was waiting with was particularly rude I asked her a simple question, she rolled her eyes and ignored me. I could tell she wouldn't get the job with an attitude like that. Once in the back I waited another 10 mins and then the 2nd hiring manager brought me into his office. He was extremely friendly, asking me questions about my personal life, making jokes, he really made me feel at ease. The interview was very easy at the end he hinted that I would be receiving an email about the pay and other instructions. In other words I got the job.

Interview Question – None per say, pretty much where in the store did I see myself best fit. He asked about school.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None as of yet. But it's basically you take what your offered!

Interviewed at Kmart

Interview Details – Super easy. They didn'y ask many questions. Questions included which job i would like. Other than that we shared background experiences and expectatiions. I WAS HIRED ON THE SPOT!!!

Interview Question – what did i expect   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Athens, GA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Kmart in November 2009.

Interview Details – Quick, by-the-book interview asking behavioral questions. Got offered the job based on my past work experience and my attitude

Interview Question – Tell me about a time at work where you were too tired to complete a task.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Butler, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kmart in May 2009.

Interview Details – Arrived on time for the interview and waiting in the room while the interviewer discussed associates' issues on the phone and then complained to me about them. Interview was very short and cursory, and held in a very dingy office with low light.

Interview Question – What are your past work experiences?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kmart

Worked for Kmart? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kmart Associate interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Kmart employees and interview candidates.