Kmart Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

1.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kmart (Bloomington, IN) in June 2015.

Interview

I was called within 2 days of applying. The interview was very straight to the point and engaging. I immediately had my second interview and was offered the position. They also offered me a higher position instead.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroe, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kmart (Monroe, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

The whole thing took less than half an hour, I went in and answered a couple questions and talked to two separate people. I think they were pretty desperate to hire people cause this was my first job and they hired me without hardly any hesitation. They called me and I went in the next day for my interview on a thursday, then later that same day they sent me two emails with my onboard info which I filled out, and they called me in for orientation the monday after that. Communication was a little weak but I think that was partly because I didn't know what to expect since it was my first interview.

Interview Questions

• When was a time when you were challenged?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kmart (Milford, CT) in June 2015.

Interview

The process took two days. I applied online Sunday night and they called me on Monday afternoon. I scheduled an interview for that Tuesday afternoon. When I went in I went to the customer service desk and told them I had an interview. The girl I was supposed to interview with did not want to do it at the moment cause she was on break--__--. So the other employees contacted the actual manager and after fifteen minutes of exploring the store, I interviewed with him. He was SUPER nice. He talked more about the company than he did about me so it was pretty laid back. When we started laughing and joking around I knew I was in. He hired me on the spot, I did my drug test and he said he wants to get me in by next week. Yay !

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kmart (Miami, FL).

Interview

Very simple and to the point I really don't know what else to say about it except it wasn't really bad I felt comfortable the whole time. This was a really easy job to get

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with people before? Are you good with money   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kapolei, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kmart (Kapolei, HI) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online and they called the morning after to set up an interview. Just your basic interview questions with the HR Manager and if they like what they hear then the store manager will come in to offer the positions they have available.

Interview Questions

• Previous employment, do you have experience handling POS systems, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Augusta, SC

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kmart (North Augusta, SC).

Interview

The interview was simple and to the point. Easiest one ever. I was offered the position, hired on the spot. It was fast. The questions were simple and easy. They were basic and easy to answer. Straight to the point as well.

Cashier Interview

Interview

Filled out an application online and they called me the next day. Set up the interview for 2 days later. Had an interview with HR and then an interview with the up front lead and they hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. I accepted minimum wage. (Teenager)

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kmart in March 2015.

Interview

Had to wait awhile to get in for the interview, but most of the workers there were super nice. The interview was pretty easy. Got asked a few typical interview questions, talked about what times I was available and what parts of the store I'd like to work in. Got offered at job at the end.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kmart.

Interview

Quick and fast. Asked about my past experience and a little about myself. I knew I was going to get the job. The hiring manager was sweet and got straight to the point on what the job was like and what I would be doing

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willow Street, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kmart (Willow Street, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

They didn't ask me questions, they just asked my availabilty. All and all it's not really an interview, they just went over when I could start and talked about how the company was poor. HR and Store Manger were the ones who conducted the interview. In the end they said that you get paid minimum wage, everyone gets paid minimum wage and that is no negotiation and at the time I really needed money so I took it. Now it is too much work for such little payment.