Kmart

128 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Kmart.

Interview Details – Human Resource Manager had no idea what to ask me so she was going off a piece of paper. The interview questions were ridiculous and very difficult to answer. I felt I was interviewing for an Executive position or something. Also, the training was horrible. I was with one young girl who could have cared less if I learned anything from her. I also had a guy train me my second day who was more interested in sharing his personal life with me than teaching me what I needed to learn. I quit on my third day because I felt the job was a joke.

Interview Question – 1. Tell me about a time where you set a goal for yourself. How did you meet that goal? At what time did you tell yourself you had done enough and why?

2. Tell me about yourself.

3. Tell me about a time where you had to work as a team. What was your role?

Plus a lot of other questions that were very difficult to answer. I cannot even remember them. This was by far the worst interviewing experience I have ever endured.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Job offer but the pay was set at minimum wage. The pay was terrible considering I have tons of experience.

Salem, OR

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Kmart in July 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, and was called for an interview a few weeks later. Interview was the easiest I've had, and I thought it went well. Was called for a second interview with the store manager, and he did most of the talking. Just explained job duties and such. After that, I submitted info for a background check. However, for some reason, I got an email a few days later saying they were no longer interested. I find that strange, because there's absolutely nothing bad that could have been uncovered in a background check. Not even traffic violations. Overall, the interview was simple.

Interview Questions

Interviewed at Kmart

Interview Details – One interview, a background check, no drug test. Interview lasted about an hour, but would typically be less - mine was very conversational due to instant rapport with the hiring manager.

Interview Question – Describe a time in which you gave or received great customer service.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Kmart

Interview Details – Easy.. few simple question. why you are interested working here? how long do you have experience? give me some example of the time you were proud of your work.

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Kmart.

Interview Details – Fairly easy. Application was done online. Before submitting your application you needed to take some skills and personality assessments (how would you handle or react to different situations). Interview was fast. Basic questions.

Interview Question – No real difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Camden, SC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kmart in October 2013.

Interview Details – Did online assessment text.Got a call back that same day for a interview the next day.Ask question about why you wanna work here and other basic questions.Got offer the job after drug test.

Interview Question – This was during the holidays so they was hungry for people.But they ask sample questions.Name a time that you had to work with person that you did not like,they ask a total of 18 questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Make eye contact and don't be nervous.

Asheville, NC

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Kmart in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online. Got called very soon, within a week. Came in for an interview. Was interviewed by 3 people. Took approximately 1.5 hours. Basically, emphasize your passion about providing excellent customer service. Offered the job on the spot and asked for some time to think about it. They pay $8 an hour for part time up to 25 hours. That wasn't going to work for me, so I declined the job offer.

Interview Question – What's 50% of a dollar? That was really weird. The questions weren't too hard. Just long.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I couldn't do $8 for up to 25hrs. I simply needed more for the cost of gas and my college tuition (300/m). Besides, the manager said that the cashiers cringe when she comes up. And "people who come in here aren't very nice." Great, right? LOL

Cashier

I applied online and interviewed at Kmart.

Interview Details – Job posting online. I filled out the application and had to do a placement test on their website that put me in situations like ones I would encounter on the job. Said they would contact me within a couple weeks but they never did.

Interview Question – They had some scenarios with very angry people who would get mad no matter what you said   Answer Question

Salem, NH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kmart in September 2010.

Interview Details – I was offered an interview right at the end of the application. The interview was extremely short. Offered the job on the spot. The HR was very helpful and was there for any questions.

Interview Question – The only question asked was "who is the most important person in the store."   Answer Question

Roanoke, VA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Kmart in March 2014.

Interview Details – Submit an application online. Get a call in less than one week. The interview is very simple stuff.

"Tell me a time you dealt with an upset customer"

"Tell me your greatest accomplishment"

"What would you do in this certain situation _________?"

All you have to do is answer these with a little common sense and you will be hired on the spot.

Some locations may drug test, not all do.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiating

Worked for Kmart? Contribute to the Community!