Kmart

Updated Jan 19, 2015

1.7

145 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kmart.

Applied online. Heard back a day later. They wanted me to come in for an interview a few days afterward. They interviewed me one on one and I was hired the same day.

Interview Questions
  • When is a time you prvoided exceptional customer service?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kmart

Cashier Interview

FAST AND EASY ESPECIALLY DURING THE HOLIDAY SEASON THEY ARE ALWAYS LOOKING TO HIRE AND WILL HIRE ON THE SPOT. Basic easy questions ask about why you want to work how long do you sew yourself with this company. No difficult or hard questions

Interview Questions
    • What would u do if a customer was rude or giving you a hard time   Answer Question
    NO NEGOTIATION

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kmart.

very easy online process 1 on 1 interview with hiring manger and then the on boarding process and drug test. After you accept you have orientation and then from there is training after 3 days your on your own.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kmart.

The interview was barely an interview. It seemed like I had the job before they even talked to me. We went over the hours I could work. There were no 'what if' questions. I feel like they just needed bodies in the door.

There was no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, IN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kmart in November 2014.

The interview was very straight forward and easy. She began by just asking me about my availability and then told me to tell her about myself. She then told me the only way I would get hired is if I work on Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve so I agreed. I was then told I would receive an email that I was being offered a position in the next 24 hours.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Minimum wage.

Cashier Interview

it was cool quick and fast.didn't ask may questions being that i had worked for one before.the were nice and friendly.had to bring a few papers with me. asked about the other job that i had.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kmart.

The process was pretty simple i just applied online and within a week i was called to do a follow up interview with the HR representative, I answered questions with her then I talked to the Store manger and answered some of his questions and I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were pretty straight forward, they were just checking to see if I could complete the task at hand.   Answer Question
    Little to no room for negotiations

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kmart.

I applied online and got a call to come in for an interview about a week later. I came to the interview and talked to the HR. She was very nice, laid back, and asked me a minimal amount of questions cause this would be my first job. She asked about clubs I was in in high school and what I liked to do on my free time. She then said she really liked me and wanted me to come in for a second interview a few days later. I came in for the second interview and it was the front end cashier manager. She was also very nice and laid back and asked me more behavioral questions and things I had learned from my experience. She also asked me if I had to be a car what car would I be and why. She really liked my answer and we bonded a lot. She then went and talked to the HR in the hall. The HR came back in and said they both loved me and would love for me to come back a third time to talk to the store manager. I was ecstatic. They were so kind. So I came back about 5 days later and talked to the store manager. And WOW they are the nicest company I've come across thus far. The manager said this interview was more a stamp of approval and getting to know my personality. We talked for probably 2 hours. We bonded and had great conversation. He kept saying how impressed he was with my resume and what I've done and that I'm exactly what Kmart is looking for. It was so refreshing and nice. Midway through the interview he said he would put my mind at ease and that he was going to hire me. I was so happy. He then told me more about the job and what will be expected of me. I was so happy and impressed with how nicely they all went about the hiring process. I then went back with the HR where she scheduled my drug screening and background check. I took the drug screening, waited 2 days and she called saying I had gotten an email to start the onboard process (signing documents,etc) she said she'd call in about a week in a half to come in. I'm so happy and thrilled I will get to work for such nice, genuine people!! :-)

Interview Questions
    • If you had to be a car, what car would you be and why?   Answer Question
    None, minimum wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grayson, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grayson, KY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kmart.

Applied online, got a call the next day for a interview. Sat in the break room for about 10 minutes until the manager called me into her office for the interview. At first she asked questions like why I wanted to work at Kmart then after that she wanted to talk about my previous work experiences, how I dealt with customers in different situations, interview went on for about 5 minutes then the manager told me to wait in the break room and waited another 5 or so minutes just so she could tell me that they decided not to hire me and that I needed more experience. The problem with that is that I had more experiences than everyone that applied there that day. Everyone else looked like they was 16, I'm 24 and was a manager in my last job until the store went out of business.

Interview Questions
    • How I dealt with customers in different situations in my previous job   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kmart.

Applied online then contacted an hour later but missed the call. HR called back a couple days later and scheduled an interview for the following day. She was very nice and told me exactly where to go and what to bring to the interview. Went to the interview and the manager asked me very basic interview questions. After the interview they offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • How would you give the best customer service possible?   Answer Question