Kmart Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2015

1.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Augusta, SC

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kmart (North Augusta, SC).

Interview

The interview was simple and to the point. Easiest one ever. I was offered the position, hired on the spot. It was fast. The questions were simple and easy. They were basic and easy to answer. Straight to the point as well.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kmart

Cashier Interview

Interview

Filled out an application online and they called me the next day. Set up the interview for 2 days later. Had an interview with HR and then an interview with the up front lead and they hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. I accepted minimum wage. (Teenager)

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kmart in March 2015.

Interview

Had to wait awhile to get in for the interview, but most of the workers there were super nice. The interview was pretty easy. Got asked a few typical interview questions, talked about what times I was available and what parts of the store I'd like to work in. Got offered at job at the end.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kmart.

Interview

Quick and fast. Asked about my past experience and a little about myself. I knew I was going to get the job. The hiring manager was sweet and got straight to the point on what the job was like and what I would be doing

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willow Street, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kmart (Willow Street, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

They didn't ask me questions, they just asked my availabilty. All and all it's not really an interview, they just went over when I could start and talked about how the company was poor. HR and Store Manger were the ones who conducted the interview. In the end they said that you get paid minimum wage, everyone gets paid minimum wage and that is no negotiation and at the time I really needed money so I took it. Now it is too much work for such little payment.

Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kmart (West Des Moines, IA) in February 2015.

Interview

I submitted an application for a cashier position. I was called about 10 days after returning the application, and had an interview about a week after that. The application was a standard form and very easy to fill out. The interview was process was pretty standard, not many pyschology type of questions. They were definately needing workers for nights, weekends and holidays, as that seemed to be the direction the interview kept heading.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work nights, weekends and holidays.   Answer Question

I did not want to work as many weekends as they needed me to.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Kmart.

Interview

I was interviewed by two of the managers. The interview was very quick and laid back, mostly asked about my availability and work ethic. I was a student, but summer break was coming up and I told them I would have open availability for the summer. They also asked about my work experience.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kmart.

Interview

Applied online. Heard back a day later. They wanted me to come in for an interview a few days afterward. They interviewed me one on one and I was hired the same day.

Interview Questions

• When is a time you prvoided exceptional customer service?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interview

FAST AND EASY ESPECIALLY DURING THE HOLIDAY SEASON THEY ARE ALWAYS LOOKING TO HIRE AND WILL HIRE ON THE SPOT. Basic easy questions ask about why you want to work how long do you sew yourself with this company. No difficult or hard questions

Interview Questions

• What would u do if a customer was rude or giving you a hard time   Answer Question

Negotiation

NO NEGOTIATION

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kmart.

Interview

very easy online process 1 on 1 interview with hiring manger and then the on boarding process and drug test. After you accept you have orientation and then from there is training after 3 days your on your own.