Kmart Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

1.7

Anonymous Employee in Grayson, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Kmart (Grayson, KY) in July 2014.

Interview

The manager took me in her office to do the interview, she asked me alot of questions about my previous work experience, what would I do in certain situations, ect. After I was finished she got me waiting in the lounge for about 5 minutes then called my name and told me that I needed more job experiences. Problem is, I was more experienced than most of their workers, if you walked in that particular store, you would instantly know that most if not all of them don't know what there doing, especially the cashiers, everyday they only open 2 to 3 cash registers and they all will be backed up due to the cashiers not knowing what there doing, bad thing is that the cashiers have been working in the same position for years!

Interview Questions

• Describing what to do in certain situations with customers, What would I have done in certain situations at my previous jobs.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kmart

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Kmart (Salem, OR) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online, and was called for an interview a few weeks later. Interview was the easiest I've had, and I thought it went well. Was called for a second interview with the store manager, and he did most of the talking. Just explained job duties and such. After that, I submitted info for a background check. However, for some reason, I got an email a few days later saying they were no longer interested. I find that strange, because there's absolutely nothing bad that could have been uncovered in a background check. Not even traffic violations. Overall, the interview was simple.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kmart (Denver, CO) in July 2014.

Interview

It was a very informal interview. I wore a nice outfit and before I was even asked any questions my schedule and what days I could work were being figured out. It was my first job so there were less questions obviously but all in all very easy. I think I was also offered it right away because the Kmart at the time was desperate for employees.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the future?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kmart.

Interview

Fairly easy. Application was done online. Before submitting your application you needed to take some skills and personality assessments (how would you handle or react to different situations). Interview was fast. Basic questions.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kmart.

Interview

Job posting online. I filled out the application and had to do a placement test on their website that put me in situations like ones I would encounter on the job. Said they would contact me within a couple weeks but they never did.

Interview Questions

• They had some scenarios with very angry people who would get mad no matter what you said   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Kmart (Asheville, NC) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online. Got called very soon, within a week. Came in for an interview. Was interviewed by 3 people. Took approximately 1.5 hours. Basically, emphasize your passion about providing excellent customer service. Offered the job on the spot and asked for some time to think about it. They pay $8 an hour for part time up to 25 hours. That wasn't going to work for me, so I declined the job offer.

Interview Questions

• What's 50% of a dollar? That was really weird. The questions weren't too hard. Just long.   1 Answer

I couldn't do $8 for up to 25hrs. I simply needed more for the cost of gas and my college tuition (300/m). Besides, the manager said that the cashiers cringe when she comes up. And "people who come in here aren't very nice." Great, right? LOL

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Snellville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Kmart (Snellville, GA) in May 2014.

Interview

It really wasn't an interview. She never asked me any questions except what school I went to (I was in high school at the time). She just told me about the dress code, hours, training and that was it.

Anonymous Employee in Port Richey, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kmart (Port Richey, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online and got a call from the HR manager two days later to set up an interview. Came in a couple of days after the call where the manager lead me to a back room for the interview. After she asked all the questions that she needed, she explained what the uniform had to be, what some of the policies were, etc. Then I was told that they would call for a second interview if they were interested.

Interview Questions

• I guess most of them were kind of difficult considering that this was my first interview. Mostly behavioral questions. None of them were really unexpected though, except for when she asked me to tell her about a time when I received excellent customer service and wanted to know specifically what store I was at when it happened. It also seemed like she hadnt gone through my application completely, because she asked me to tell her about a time when I provided good customer service, even though I noted that I have no previous job experience when filling out the application. Some other questions asked during the interview: Tell me about a time where you had to choose between finishing an important assignment or assisting another person. Why should we hire you? Tell me about your availability? Were you late a lot in school?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Kmart (Henderson, NV) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online around 1am and got called at 7am for an interview the same day. I went to the service desk and let one of the employees know i was there for an interview. The HR manager took me to her office and asked me questions about my previous work experience and anything on my resume. It was really easy. I got hired the same day.

Interview Questions

• what is your availability? Why do you want to work here? Can you get people to sign up for credit cards and Rewards program? Are you interested in any other position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, SC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kmart (Florence, SC) in April 2014.

Interview

Well for that place the interview went well but its very hot in there . They expected so much out of you, communications aren't very good. The cashier work so hard to get everyone in and out. The shop your way card needs to go.

Interview Questions

• Whats were your difficult time with a customer, and how do u handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I would advise anyone one not to work there its not for anyone.