Kmart Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015

1.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Kmart in November 2013.

Got there a half an hour early to give the store a look at. Went into the office and waited 10 minutes while three people did a computer exam for new hires. Got seen and ask four simple basic questions, nothing tooth picking. Then she told me that I had to be seen by the store manager which he asked about my schedules and was I going to be on time. I told him yes and then I was hired.They do drug testing as we'll so keep that in mind in u trying to go to a sears corporation.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work for k-Mart? How do you plan for goals? If you had to handle a angry customer, how would you go about it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverhead, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverhead, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kmart in November 2013.

I had an interview today. It was very quick. I was in and out of there in less then 10 minutes. The woman who interviewed me was very friendly and polite. She kept stopping and asking me if I had any questions about the job. I thought that was very good. I loved that I was hired right on the spot too. Its not like other jobs where you have to wait and be called to see if you got the job. They emailed me all my stuff right away too. So the application and interview process takes less than a week. Which is also a bonus.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult as being she asked me no questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes-Barre, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes-Barre, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kmart in October 2013.

Great interview! I wasn't nervous because i had an interview with walmart earlier that day and I was super nervous but with the Kmart HR it was natural. She only asked me like 3 or 4 questions and the rest was mainly us having casual conversations related to the job and the company. She hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • 1.How do I plan for my goals? And what was one goal I have accomplished?
      2.Why do I wanna work for kmart?
      3.If I was busy and a customer came up to me what would I do?

View Answer
    Nothing. Its minimum wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kmart in October 2013.

It was simple and the two people I talked with were nice. It made me excited to work there until orientation. I'm still in training, but I may be gone before Black Friday. They expect 1 class service for barely minimum wage pay.

Interview Questions
    • Questions of when I had a hard time dealing with people.   Answer Question
    Didn't get to negotiate and that's fine since it wont be fore long anyway.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camden, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camden, SC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kmart in October 2013.

Did online assessment text.Got a call back that same day for a interview the next day.Ask question about why you wanna work here and other basic questions.Got offer the job after drug test.

Interview Questions
    • This was during the holidays so they was hungry for people.But they ask sample questions.Name a time that you had to work with person that you did not like,they ask a total of 18 questions.   Answer Question
    Make eye contact and don't be nervous.

Cashier Interview

Behavioral questions, "what would you do if..." just google behavioral questions and study the top ones and you should be fine. Use the "star method"

Interview Questions
    • 8. Tell me about a time when you delayed responding to a situation until you had time to review the facts and plan your response effectively, even though there was pressure to act quickly.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kmart in September 2013.

this was ok they have a lot of test to do

Interview Questions
    • guest do not like all the paper (save a tree they say )   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kmart in September 2013.

Applied online, emailed the link to virtual simulation as part of the application process.

There is a simulation test that requires access to speakers. Simulation includes photos of 'customers' in a simulated work environment. Questions posed are multiple-choice, some questions of which do not have answers that match up quite right in the way they're worded. Overall, simulation is self-explanatory and even if you provide a wrong answer, you'll be able to select another answer.

Interview process was easier than easy - scheduled the first interview, was asked typical interview questions (no hard ones, incidentally), and once we'd finished I was asked if I could stay for a second interview. Second interview was even shorter than the first, more easy questions (couple of repeats), and then I was offered a higher position than the one I'd been interviewing for.

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions were completely typical for interviews - there really were no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rotterdam, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rotterdam, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kmart in September 2013.

Very quick, mostly just a general conversation about what you do in your everyday life and just information about what you will be doing in the store.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kmart.

Submitted an online application got a call a few weeks later. Two interviews on the same day. Two different managers separately interviewed me.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really. What does good customer service mean to you and give me an example of a place you've been to that had exceptional customer service.   Answer Question