Kmart Cashier Interview Questions

1.7

135 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Somers Point, NJ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somers Point, NJ

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Kmart in July 2013.

It was easy going ask general questions

It was standard nothing good

Other Interview Reviews for Kmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oxon Hill, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxon Hill, MD

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Kmart in July 2013.

I applied online and 2 days later I got called for a interview. The interview was went well they didn't ask any difficult questions they all were simply. The same day of the interview a got a offer and they did a background check. I passed the background check then a few days later I filled out necessary paper work and my orientation is in 2 days!! :)

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here? Do you have previous experience for this position? Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wayne, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, MI

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Kmart in July 2013.

I didn't wait long at all. The HR later interviewed me first, just a few questions. Mainly about my experience and availability. Then the co-manager asked me an interview question and explained some things about the cashier. Next the manager asked me more interview questions, nothing to bad. Like where do I see myself best. And what I was most proud of. He explained more to me about the importance of the cashier. After he left he brought the HR lady back and she offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had a difficult person in your team that you worked with.   Answer Question
    She didn't leave room for negotiation. She said everyone makes $7.40 and continued talking.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Kmart in July 2013.

Asked several questions. 6 page interview guide. Seemed like questions were not centered on getting to know me.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Kmart.

I applied online and two weeks later received an email from the head of HR of a Kmart near me for an interview. We scheduled an appointment for two days later. She asked me several situational questions and expected questioned like, "Why Kmart?" and "How does your previous experience relate?" My time schedule didn't match what they were looking for, but she said if I passed this round, I would get another email for a second interview in a couple days.

Interview Questions
    • Are you comfortable asking for money? (reference to the Kmart rewards card)   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Kmart.

I applied online and got a call from the HR person the next day. She offered me an interview a few days later and asked me to bring my social, license, and working permit. (I am a minor). I came in and she asked me if I am going away to school because I am still in high school, then mentioned my GPA and asked my availability instantly. Pay is 8.75 for cashiers and must be good at math, hired on the spot. Given orientation a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • Only two interview questions. Explain a difficult situation in school and how you solved it. Explain an accomplishment you made for yourself and how you achieved it. She read off a form   Answer Question
    Didn't want to negotiate, pay offered was 8.75

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Kmart.

I saw that my local Kmart was hiring and I decided to apply online. About a week later I received a call for an interview. She asked me many questions, probably about 25 minutes were just her asking me questions. She asked me when I could start working while showing me where everything was. I thought I had the job. I did not get a call back.

Interview Questions
    • Is there a certain day that you can't work because of a birthday, etc. Didn't understand why she asked me that, I thought it was very pointless.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Honolulu, HI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

I applied online - interviewed at Kmart in June 2013.

Applied 06/20/13 got a call later that evening from the HR to come in for an interview the next day at 11:00 A.M. went in, waited for about 5-10 mins. i didn't know i was going to be interviewed with another girl as well but since the HR forgot she booked us both at the same time we went in together just so it'd be easier. very quick and easy questions sometimes we would even go off subject and that made the whole interview even better and more comfortable. she explained about the company and after that told us that we'd be getting a e-mail by 4:00 P.M couple hours if we get the position. (couple hours later) .. it was 4 and i kept checking my e-mail constantly and nothing. when it hit 5 i had no hope.. until i checked again and BAM! i was so excited. this is my first retail job & even though they only pay min. wage which is $7.25 its a start for me to advance into other retail jobs later

Cashier Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Kmart.

One on one interview with HR.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Kmart in May 2013.

applied online and has to do the job assessment , if don't pass the job assignment you wont get an interview ... your suppose get two interviews , i got only one because they were need of help and i got the job , Hr lady asked quite of few question about customer service and work environment and all that good stuff .

none lady said they rarely give raises and you start off with 7.25$$ HR