Kmart

Average Difficulty
22 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Front End Cashier

I applied online and interviewed at Kmart.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process were pretty simple for me and well rather quickly done because obviously they needed help when I applied.
- Applied Online
- Interviewed with HR
- Did drug test
- Got hired

HR seemed really impressed with me so there was only one interview.

Interview Question – I don't think there was any difficult of unexpected question it was pretty much similar to that of the hiring assessment when there were questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Corporate pays Minimum Wage for most any position except management. No raises only small commissions for pushing certain things.

Randolph, NJ

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Kmart.

Interview Details – Literally it was the fastest process ever. I applied online then within like a week they called me and asked to come in a few days later in the morning. I did so and had a talk with the store manager. He was really nice and asked a few basic questions like "describe yourself, where do you go to school, whats your availability". Nothing hard at all. He talked about himself for most of the interview believe it or not. I barely said anything. He explained the routine of a cashier and then asked if i had any questions for him. It was like a 10 minute process with him talking for 8 minutes of it. It was chill and no problems were had.

Interview Question – As with any interview I always think the "describe yourself" question was the hardest. Cause you never know what they really wanna hear.   View Answer

Rio Grande, NJ

I applied online - interviewed at Kmart in August 2013.

Interview Details – It was very easy and relaxing. Nothing too hard or unsettling. All you really need to know is how to be relax and act like your self.

Interview Question – Why do you think you're what kmart needs.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I got paid 7.25 like everyone else. There is no full time position. The ones who basically get full time positions are managers, supervisor, etc.

Redlands, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Kmart in March 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very easy

Interview Question – Describe a time that you had to skip company prtocols in order to get the job done.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very easy

Dinuba, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Kmart in September 2012.

Interview Details – easy process. I applied online and completed the assessment. I got a call between one to five days afterwards for the interview.

Wasco, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kmart in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and got called for an interview within days. I was excited I dressed shirt, and tie for the interview arrived 5 till 9am and we two people went ahead of me in the interview. I had to wait till 10:45am for my interview we were in the break room and they were playing Shrek it was very mind numbing. It was a series of interviews first the HR which I thought I did okay on then the General Manager I simply had no cashier experience, and was not bilingual so I could tell I was not what they were looking for. For those who qualify I'm sure they would do fine in this work environment.

Interview Question – Very basic, what threw me off was having to wait an hour an a half then having two people ask you the same questions twice.   View Answer

Peoria, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Kmart in September 2011.

Interview Details – I applied in store through their hiring kiosk and was called within a week to schedule an interview. First I met the Store Manager and discussed my availability and pay, she then asked me a few questions about myself. i.e. what do I do for fun, do you have any responsibilities outside of work, what motivates you to improve yourself. etc. She then told me I was to have a 2nd interview the next day and told me to bring my social security card and ID. Upon returning the following day I met the Assistant Manager and there he brought out the packet filled with the generic hiring questions and scenarios and wrote down everything I replied. Questions were like, "Tell me a time where you worked as a part of a team and things didnt go as planned, how did you resolve the situation?" "How would you respond to an angry customer?" At the end of the packet he smiled and offered me the position right then and there.

Interview Question – "What are key qualities you feel every manager should have?"   View Answer

Council Bluffs, IA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Kmart in February 2012.

Interview Details – I passed the test on the internet and was hired..as long as you can pass that stupid test at the end of the application you more or less have a job. It will ask the same question 3 or 4 time but they only word it different.

Negotiation Details – fast and easy they are desperate for workers

Front End Cashier

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kmart in June 2013.

Interview Details – They simply ask you about what you would bring to the staff.

Interview Question – what would you bring to the table.   Answer Question

Front End Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kmart.

Interview Details – I applied online and after application it asked me to set up a interview. I went in for my interview a week later. When I went in at 11am and they told me to come in at 1pm! I was upset. I came back at 1pm and met with the store manager and hr manager...he didn't ask any questions. I was hired on the spot. I had to take a drug test and had to have a background check then two days later he called me for orientation.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.. Minimum wage.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kmart

Worked for Kmart? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kmart Front End Cashier interview questions and advice. All 22 interview reviews posted anonymously by Kmart employees and interview candidates.