Kmart Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

1.8

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Kmart (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

phone interview with recruiter, then set up to interview with District Manager. Took about a month to get offer and it was not anything like what had been discussed in both interviews. The training was a joke, You are trained immediately to be able to do the employees work so the store can use you because payroll is so tight they don't have any help. You don't get to learn a lot about your job in being a manager.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my background, situational type questions, relocation questions. Typical questions, nothing difficult. Asked me the salary range I was expecting and stated the salary range to me which matched, when offered the job the salary was much less and not in the range at all.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Many Managers are leaving the company so you would most likely be able to be hired easily, however I would not recommend this company to anyone. I had no choice but to accept the position and that's the only reason to accept a position with this company.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kmart.

Interview

Very easy. Manager explained job duties and expectations. No chance for a raise only to earn extra money is through credit cards. They explain all their metrics and what not. Very straightforward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kmart (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

it was okay but did not do much pretty much told me that i got the job on the spot after a phone interview that was probably five minutes long only telling me the address when i got to the phone interview they asked me when i could start and i got the job on spot the interview was boring and the place was humid but thankfully i left the company

Interview Questions

• Are you available to work today   1 Answer

Customer Service Desk Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kearns, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kmart (Kearns, UT).

Interview

Very professional, personable, friendly. They did an employment hunt after my interview to kind of help along the process with finding where everything throughout the store was and everyone I seen that day looked really happy and were really friendly.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kmart.

Interview

It was a basic interview process. They called to schedule an interview. Once there, you meet with the hiring HR person. The process was only about 5 personality questions. Then you meet the store manager and they ask you an additional 5 questions. You only need to wear a nice shirt and jeans. They aren't expecting much. Remember, don't overdo your outfit or any possibly jewelry. They are looking for a hard worker that will be beneficial in all departments.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kmart.

Interview

So easy, The interview took all of 15 minutes nd I got hired on the spot. The questions are the standard ones. the thing I think was the seller was that at the time I had open availability

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kmart.

Interview

There were two interviews for this position. I interviewed with the Store Manager first. After he approved, I interviewed with the District Manager. It was pretty much solidified after that.

Interview Questions

• All of the interview questions were very basic. There were not any questions worth noting. They were so generic that I honestly cannot remember any of them.   1 Answer

Negotiation

HR called me after my last interview and offered me a salary of $45,000/year. I told them that I would be interested at $50,000. After she spoke to the DM, we settled on $49,000/year.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kmart in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted about a week later by the district recruiter to set up an interview with the manager of my local store. The manager was nice and the interview went good. I didn't get a job offer at the interview, but the next day I was contacted with an offer and accepted. The process has been quick and smooth. I can't wait to start my job!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you received excellent customer service   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you had to learn something fast   1 Answer

MyGofer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kmart (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I went in to a indiviual interview which lead to me just talking about myself an interests. She asked if I wanted to just work as a cashier ( what I orginially applied for ) , but i expressed I wouldnt mind working another position. She then explain to me they needed more mygofer associates so the Manager came down an explain that position to me in more details. It was a very friendly interview, the people was very polite. I got the offer for the position!

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to provide exceptional customer service...   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kmart.

Interview

I put in an application on the Sears website. Got a call maybe a week later asking if I wanted to do an interview and for me to bring my social security card and ID. A few questions into the interview the manager let me know they were looking for someone to close which was upsetting since that was not stated on the website or over the phone. I could not do late night hours at that location and I would have never put in an application if I had known prior. During the interview the manager was nice. Got an offer via email.

Interview Questions

• How often can a person call out from work? Emergencies? Like what?   1 Answer