Kmart

Updated Dec 4, 2014
Updated Dec 4, 2014

1.9

Associate Interview

Was called immediately easy interview. The Human resources lady was very nice. She offered the position right away, and attended training the following week. It was a nice experience as I thought I was not going to get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult interview at all. Asked me simple questions regarding customer service. Past experiences etsc.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kmart.

very easy online process 1 on 1 interview with hiring manger and then the on boarding process and drug test. After you accept you have orientation and then from there is training after 3 days your on your own.

Hardlines Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kmart.

I was called within a week and set up an interview. Very basic past experience questions. Once offered a job, only took about 1-3 days for orientation and getting through all the training.

None.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bensalem, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bensalem, PA

Best way is to know someone already working in the company. Easy interview. Part time position so does not require any advance degrees or even a high school diploma. The level of training fluctuates, it depends on the person training you. Be sure you're ready to work and learn to be a self motivated person.

part time workers will only get paid minimum wage

Softlines Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kmart.

First I spoke with the HR and she asked me questions about past experiences dealing with customers. I passed that portion of the interview and she brought in the person that would be my supervisor. I got similar questions from her and she asked why I wanted to be in fashions. They hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had to deliver excellent customer service.   View Answer
    No negotiations. I got minimum wage.

Hardlines Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kmart.

Applied online for a seasonal position at Kmart and Sears. I received a phone call from the Regional Manager a day or two later about setting up an interview. She asked me if I could interview that day or the next day. I was told to go to the store location at the interview time and ask for the manager. When I arrived for the interview, I ended up meeting with the Softlines Manager. He was very nice and he asked me about four of five questions. He offered me the job after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Is there any job or responsibility that you would not do or want to do?   Answer Question

Softlines Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kmart.

I filled out an online application and was called within two weeks. The assistant manager that was in charge of the clothing department was the person that interviewed me. The interview was straight forward and basically hired me on the spot judging me based on my resume only.

Office Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Kmart.

The process took a week

The interview wasn't hard at all. Standard interview questions and it wasn't long at all. Explained the job, and what you would be doing if you got the job. Told me to watch my email for a welcome or not interested email

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kmart.

The interview was barely an interview. It seemed like I had the job before they even talked to me. We went over the hours I could work. There were no 'what if' questions. I feel like they just needed bodies in the door.

There was no negotiation

Front End Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kmart.

Two online qualification examinations are required before getting an interview appointment. The total invested time online prior to getting an interview time is about two hours. Very specific browsers and PC only access is required. Once in the interview, after waiting, standing up, for nearly 30 minutes past my scheduled interview time, the HR interviewer (one person) spent less than two minutes interviewing me and apologized for being rude because she had a "problem employee" she was dealing with and did not have any time but wanted to get the interview done as quickly as possible. Unbelievably rude, unprofessional, and disrespectful.

Interview Questions
    • "Describe completely, in detail, the worst customer service experience you have had."   View Answer