Kmart

Updated Feb 27, 2015
Updated Feb 27, 2015

1.9

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kmart.

Quick and fast. Asked about my past experience and a little about myself. I knew I was going to get the job. The hiring manager was sweet and got straight to the point on what the job was like and what I would be doing

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kmart.

It was quick because they desperately needed seasonal employees. She asked the questions listed below, and hired me on the spot. Called back a couple hours later to say my background check came back clear and asked if I would attend orientation that day. I declined so Orientation started the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself. Tell me about a time you delivered excellent customer service. How do you manage doing multiple things at once. When are you available.   Answer Question

Softlines Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Kmart.

My interview was a breeze because I wanted a job, not needed one. The HR at the time was amazing and adhered to the open door policy. But like many great associates that fight for what's right, she was let go, just like me. Kmart upper management is extremely shady.

Hardlines Merchandiser Interview

I had to constantly bug the HR manager for weeks before finally being called in for an interview. They asked a few basic questions, but otherwise I knew I was going to be hired.

Interview Questions
    • What's the most important job of a Kmart employee?   View Answer

Office Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kmart in February 2015.

I applied online and received a call the next day for an interview. The HR representative was very nice and professional. I felt very comfortable during the interview. The atmosphere seemed to be a team environment and there was a willingness to want to work with you. A background check was required for this position.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I applied online – interviewed at Kmart in February 2015.

I was scheduled quickly for an interview after I confirmed my interest. Received the job offer before I made it home afterwards. After completing my drug screen and background check, I shortly received the new hire forms which were submitted electronically. Now I am just waiting to hear about when I start. Pretty easy and painless.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have issue with offering "Shop Your Way" and Sears card.   View Answer

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Kmart.

I was interviewed by two of the managers. The interview was very quick and laid back, mostly asked about my availability and work ethic. I was a student, but summer break was coming up and I told them I would have open availability for the summer. They also asked about my work experience.

Front End Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kmart.

I applied online, and I was called in for an interview 2 days after. The interview was fairly easy and I was hired on the spot. A drug test is required before fully being on board. Orientation was the day after they received my results for the drug test. The process was very smooth and faster than I thought it would be.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kmart.

Applied online. Heard back a day later. They wanted me to come in for an interview a few days afterward. They interviewed me one on one and I was hired the same day.

Interview Questions
    • When is a time you prvoided exceptional customer service?   Answer Question

Floater Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kmart.

I applied to a few positions/locations and was called by hiring personnel for a phone interview involving simple behavioral questions; she was basically looking for someone who could hold a conversation (her words). She forwarded my resume/information to a hiring manager with whom I had another interview. This interview was long (almost 2 hours) but mostly because we were chatting. Only three behavioral questions were asked this time, which were related to accountability or handling difficult customers/colleagues. I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time you had to take accountability for a mistake   Answer Question