Kmart

Relevance Date Difficulty

Softlines Associate Interview

Softlines Associate
Chehalis, WA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kmart in June 2014.

Interview Details – Fairly informal interview process. She was very interested in my past retail experience even though it was over 10 years ago. Did not make her questions clear, she beat around the bush and confused me.

Interview Question – Did not ask any difficult questions.   Answer Question

I Work Many Position Interview

I Work Many Position
Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kmart in April 2010.

Interview Details – Very short but pleasant the manager greater me and ask me to tell him something about me I answered the question and was hired right then and there he then proceeded to tell me the date of orientation and what was expected of me

Front End Cashier Interview

Front End Cashier

I applied online and interviewed at Kmart.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process were pretty simple for me and well rather quickly done because obviously they needed help when I applied.
- Applied Online
- Interviewed with HR
- Did drug test
- Got hired

HR seemed really impressed with me so there was only one interview.

Interview Question – I don't think there was any difficult of unexpected question it was pretty much similar to that of the hiring assessment when there were questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Corporate pays Minimum Wage for most any position except management. No raises only small commissions for pushing certain things.

Electronics Sales Associate Interview

Electronics Sales Associate
Goleta, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Kmart in October 2012.

Interview Details – Very simple hiring process. Just basic questions and brief background info. Just be very upfront and handle yourself in a confident, professional manner and you should have little issue getting a call-back shortly.

Interview Question – How long do you intend on staying at Kmart?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier

Interviewed at Kmart

Interview Details – Easy.. few simple question. why you are interested working here? how long do you have experience? give me some example of the time you were proud of your work.

Softlines Lead Interview

Softlines Lead

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kmart in June 2014.

Interview Details – I received an email after applying online that at interview was scheduled. Although the month was incorrect in the email, we all make mistakes. Upon showing up for the scheduled interview, the store manager had taken the day off - the employee at customer service then contacted the Assistant Store Manager, who had me meet in the employee break room. He read over my resume and application as I sat there looking around at the outdated information around the room. I must say he was actually wonderful.

Another interview was set up with the Store Manager (again) which was very long. I learned more about the "member" and "guest" relationship instead of the position. Understandably, we were interrupted several times by store employees - business must go on. She informed me that 8.50 would be my starting pay and KMart does NOT give raises, that would be my rate of pay for length of employment period.

Another interview was set up with the other assistant manager (there were two) for the next week. The NIGHT before the interview I received a voice mail from the store manager canceling the interview as they hired internally and the other position is cashier part time and she felt that was below my standards.

Interview Question – Really there were no questions unexpected - Are you willing to come in at 4 AM to set sale prices.   View Answer

Department Manager Interview

Department Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Kmart.

Interview Details – They don't want to discuss your resume, they want to see how you deal with stressful situations and how you would defuse the situation and what you would do.

Interview Question – What is your biggest flaw...   View Answer

Sales Lead Interview

Sales Lead
Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kmart in July 2010.

Interview Details – You have two interviews the first is with the hiring manager the next is with the main manger. It may take over a week after talking to the hiring manger to get an interview with the main manager.

Interview Question – There really wasnt any unexpected questions asked   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Manager Interview

Loss Prevention Manager
Savannah, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kmart in June 2014.

Interview Details – I responded to an job posting. made my application, resume. and cover letter. Sent it in at about 10 am and received a call later that day. i was asked to come in before 5 for an interview. i interviewed that day. with being prior military and law enforcement. i felt that i could be very competitive for the position. when i got home i was given an offer sheet in my email.

Interview Question – tell us about a time in your carrer when you exceed at a task.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – the pay was way to small. they offered 8.75 an hour. there are entry level security guards that make more than that. i declined the offer and sent a counter offer. they never returned my call or responded to my email.

Front End Supervisor Interview

Front End Supervisor
Fort Wayne, IN

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Kmart in June 2014.

Interview Details – Well I applied online through their website, the application and test are very detailed and long you should allow at least 2.5 hours. I applied Friday morning they called me Friday afternoon to schedule an interview for Saturday morning. I was welcomed at the front desk an taken back to interview. The manager was very polite easy to talk to she explained the position well told me what it paid. we talked a bit about skills and goals I had while working in the company. I felt like it was already my employment family seriously. By Saturday night i had an email offering me the position as long as I pass my background /drug screen! I was elated I went Monday for my drug screen now I am waiting for my hiring email!

Negotiation Details – There really were not negotiation...I do regret this a bit I felt a bit of pressure not to ask for too much because I had been out of the work field for some time then I realized; My level of work-ethic and the fact that I have my bachelors degrees degree with a minor in psychology which would be awesome attributes to have in this position and my 3.2 Gpa could have gotten me at least a dollar more an hour. I Know it worth it and should have negotiated a little more but hey you live and learn now I will show them what I am worth!

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kmart

Worked for Kmart? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kmart interview questions and advice. All 398 interview reviews posted anonymously by Kmart employees and interview candidates.