Kmart Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015
Updated Apr 15, 2015

1.9

Warehouse Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Kmart (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

There's three interviews back to back about 30 minutes each. In each interview you are being interviewed by two to four people at a time, all comprised of upper management.

Interview Questions

• •Tell me about yourself.
      •What are your strengths?
      •What are your weaknesses?
      •Why do you want this job?
      •Why should we hire you?
      •What can you do for us that other candidates can't?
      •What were the responsibilities of your last position?
      •Do you have any questions for me?

Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kmart (North Augusta, SC).

Interview

The interview was simple and to the point. Easiest one ever. I was offered the position, hired on the spot. It was fast. The questions were simple and easy. They were basic and easy to answer. Straight to the point as well.

Cashier Interview

Interview

Filled out an application online and they called me the next day. Set up the interview for 2 days later. Had an interview with HR and then an interview with the up front lead and they hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. I accepted minimum wage. (Teenager)

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kmart.

Interview

Easy, manager at the time was very friendly and personable. It's too bad he didn't stick around. I was offered the job basically the next day and started within a week.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any questions, they mostly asked about my past experience and where I was headed.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kmart.

Interview

Pretty relaxed, many situation interview questions, friendly. They contacted me within a week of applying, and the entire process took about another week. It was relatively straight-forward. They didn't notify me of a dress code, but I was dressed business casual.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficulty you recently overcame?   Answer Question
    • If a customer were to ask you a question you didn't know the answer to, how would you respond?   Answer Question

MCC Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kmart (Mantua, NJ).

Interview

It was very easy, a lady asked me a bunch of questions and I answered them. The lady was not rude and was very kind and friendly. I did not have any kind of bad feelings during the interview.

Inventory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Kmart (Hoffman Estates, IL).

Interview

Met with three directors in person after a phone screening, and one phone screen from the hiring manager. I was offered the job on Monday after interviewing on Friday. I was surprised at how quickly the offer was extended.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Straightfoward. The company met some of my asks.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kmart in March 2015.

Interview

Had to wait awhile to get in for the interview, but most of the workers there were super nice. The interview was pretty easy. Got asked a few typical interview questions, talked about what times I was available and what parts of the store I'd like to work in. Got offered at job at the end.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kmart.

Interview

The Store Manager made it really easy and less stressful on me. He obviously knew I was nervous and he started with small talk as he looked over the application. It really mellowed me out before the hard hitting questions.

Interview Questions

• How good are you with gaming and TV knowledge?   1 Answer

Kmart Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Kmart (Fair Lawn, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

called in for interview and met with a very nice HR person who promised to get back to me in a day or two. One day short of two weeks HR person contacted me for second interview this time with store manager. Seems like a lot for a little, I shall let you know outcome.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest thing you ever had to do at work?   1 Answer