Kmart

Relevance Date Difficulty

Part Time Cashier Interview

Part Time Cashier
Little Rock, AR

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Kmart in July 2014.

Interview Details – The interview went well. The interviewer ask many questions. Kmart sounded like it would be a good organization to work for. I was in disbelief when the interviewer said the starting pay was minimum wage. I expected to recieve nine dollars with the qualifications I have. The organization need to increase the starting wage.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in retail?   Answer Question
  • Why did you apply to be a part time cashier with the educational background you have?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I decline because the organization starting pay is minimum wage.

Very Difficult Interview

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Kmart.

Interview Details – Human Resource Manager had no idea what to ask me so she was going off a piece of paper. The interview questions were ridiculous and very difficult to answer. I felt I was interviewing for an Executive position or something. Also, the training was horrible. I was with one young girl who could have cared less if I learned anything from her. I also had a guy train me my second day who was more interested in sharing his personal life with me than teaching me what I needed to learn. I quit on my third day because I felt the job was a joke.

Interview Question – 1. Tell me about a time where you set a goal for yourself. How did you meet that goal? At what time did you tell yourself you had done enough and why?

2. Tell me about yourself.

3. Tell me about a time where you had to work as a team. What was your role?

Plus a lot of other questions that were very difficult to answer. I cannot even remember them. This was by far the worst interviewing experience I have ever endured.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Job offer but the pay was set at minimum wage. The pay was terrible considering I have tons of experience.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Hooksett, NH

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Kmart in October 2011.

Interview Details – Interview was a very easy process they where basically just looking for someone that could filling the slots they had in scheduling. The HR person was very nice and asked a minimum amount of questions.

Interview Question – There really was not one.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

Salem, OR

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Kmart in July 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, and was called for an interview a few weeks later. Interview was the easiest I've had, and I thought it went well. Was called for a second interview with the store manager, and he did most of the talking. Just explained job duties and such. After that, I submitted info for a background check. However, for some reason, I got an email a few days later saying they were no longer interested. I find that strange, because there's absolutely nothing bad that could have been uncovered in a background check. Not even traffic violations. Overall, the interview was simple.

Interview Questions

Kmart Cashier Interview

Kmart Cashier

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Kmart in July 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was extremely easy. All you had to do was submit your application. When an opening came up and the hiring manager decided your application deemed appropriate they called for an interview. The normal questions were asked. What is your availability? What was the worst part of your last job? What do like to do in your spare time? Then you complete paperwork, take a drug test and start training, which consists of hours and hours of computer programs and questions and then a day or two of hands on training.

Interview Question – What was one thing you would change about your last job and why? I didn't expect this type of question from such a generic interview.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Was not able to negotiate. Only minimum wage was offered.

Interviewed at Kmart

Interview Details – One interview, a background check, no drug test. Interview lasted about an hour, but would typically be less - mine was very conversational due to instant rapport with the hiring manager.

Interview Question – Describe a time in which you gave or received great customer service.   Answer Question

Softlines Associate Interview

Softlines Associate
Chehalis, WA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kmart in June 2014.

Interview Details – Fairly informal interview process. She was very interested in my past retail experience even though it was over 10 years ago. Did not make her questions clear, she beat around the bush and confused me.

Interview Question – Did not ask any difficult questions.   Answer Question

I Work Many Position Interview

I Work Many Position
Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kmart in April 2010.

Interview Details – Very short but pleasant the manager greater me and ask me to tell him something about me I answered the question and was hired right then and there he then proceeded to tell me the date of orientation and what was expected of me

Front End Cashier Interview

Front End Cashier

I applied online and interviewed at Kmart.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process were pretty simple for me and well rather quickly done because obviously they needed help when I applied.
- Applied Online
- Interviewed with HR
- Did drug test
- Got hired

HR seemed really impressed with me so there was only one interview.

Interview Question – I don't think there was any difficult of unexpected question it was pretty much similar to that of the hiring assessment when there were questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Corporate pays Minimum Wage for most any position except management. No raises only small commissions for pushing certain things.

Electronics Sales Associate Interview

Electronics Sales Associate
Goleta, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Kmart in October 2012.

Interview Details – Very simple hiring process. Just basic questions and brief background info. Just be very upfront and handle yourself in a confident, professional manner and you should have little issue getting a call-back shortly.

Interview Question – How long do you intend on staying at Kmart?   Answer Question

Worked for Kmart? Contribute to the Community!