Kmart Interview Questions

MCC Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mantua, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mantua, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at Kmart.

It was very easy, a lady asked me a bunch of questions and I answered them. The lady was not rude and was very kind and friendly. I did not have any kind of bad feelings during the interview.

Inventory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Kmart.

Met with three directors in person after a phone screening, and one phone screen from the hiring manager. I was offered the job on Monday after interviewing on Friday. I was surprised at how quickly the offer was extended.

Interview Questions
    Straightfoward. The company met some of my asks.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kmart in March 2015.

Had to wait awhile to get in for the interview, but most of the workers there were super nice. The interview was pretty easy. Got asked a few typical interview questions, talked about what times I was available and what parts of the store I'd like to work in. Got offered at job at the end.

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kmart.

The Store Manager made it really easy and less stressful on me. He obviously knew I was nervous and he started with small talk as he looked over the application. It really mellowed me out before the hard hitting questions.

Interview Questions
    • How good are you with gaming and TV knowledge?   View Answer

Kmart Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fair Lawn, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Fair Lawn, NJ

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Kmart in March 2015.

called in for interview and met with a very nice HR person who promised to get back to me in a day or two. One day short of two weeks HR person contacted me for second interview this time with store manager. Seems like a lot for a little, I shall let you know outcome.

Interview Questions
    • What was the hardest thing you ever had to do at work?   View Answer

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kmart.

Quick and fast. Asked about my past experience and a little about myself. I knew I was going to get the job. The hiring manager was sweet and got straight to the point on what the job was like and what I would be doing

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kmart.

It was quick because they desperately needed seasonal employees. She asked the questions listed below, and hired me on the spot. Called back a couple hours later to say my background check came back clear and asked if I would attend orientation that day. I declined so Orientation started the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself. Tell me about a time you delivered excellent customer service. How do you manage doing multiple things at once. When are you available.   Answer Question

Softlines Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Kmart.

My interview was a breeze because I wanted a job, not needed one. The HR at the time was amazing and adhered to the open door policy. But like many great associates that fight for what's right, she was let go, just like me. Kmart upper management is extremely shady.

Hardlines Merchandiser Interview

I had to constantly bug the HR manager for weeks before finally being called in for an interview. They asked a few basic questions, but otherwise I knew I was going to be hired.

Interview Questions
    • What's the most important job of a Kmart employee?   View Answer

Office Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kmart in February 2015.

I applied online and received a call the next day for an interview. The HR representative was very nice and professional. I felt very comfortable during the interview. The atmosphere seemed to be a team environment and there was a willingness to want to work with you. A background check was required for this position.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question