Kmart

Relevance Date Difficulty

Front End Cashier Interview

Front End Cashier
Lansing, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Kmart in August 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online got a call to come for an interview 2 days later went in this was a 3 part interview I had to speak with 3 people in one day. The final decision was left up to the store manager and I was hired on the spot. I have to get a drug test and bring in my social and I.d then I can start. Also during the interview I was asked questions on a sheet of paper they were kind of difficult but nothing to serious.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you had to exceed someones expectation?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation I accepted it the happily.

ASM, Softlines Merchandiser Interview

ASM, Softlines Merchandiser
Asheville, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kmart in June 2014.

Interview Details – The process was very detailed and specific. I received a called the day after I finished the questionnaire for the hiring process. The lady that I spoke to, Jill, was very helpful in retrieving information about my direct deposit, training, and where to even begin.

Interview Question – If there was something that I could better myself, personality wise, what would it be?   View Answer

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Pharmacy Technician

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kmart in July 2014.

Interview Details – I was not asked a lot of questions. They mainly wanted to know what days I would like to work and if it would conflict with school. At the end they told me they would give me a call back for a second interview.

Interview Question – How did you take responsibility for a task   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

Front End Cashier

I interviewed at Kmart in June 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call a couple of days later. Very easy process. The HR rep will ask you questions about why Kmart and what you will bring to the table. You need to be detailed on what you can bring to the table. It's also good to make eye contact.

Interview Question – How will Kmart benefit from hiring you?   Answer Question

Hardlines Merchandiser Interview

Hardlines Merchandiser
Fredericksburg, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Kmart in June 2014.

Interview Details – They walked me to a training room with two computers, the assistant manager came in and put in a DVD it was about the history of the company and various customer scenarios, about 45 mins later she came back in and had us (yes their were two other people being interviewed as well) fill out some paperwork regarding release forms and emergency contacts and such, then the manager came in and introduced himself, he then asked what schools we went to, or what we did in life, after 30 or so minutes he then left and the assistant manager came back in to take us on a "tour" of K-mart, it was so short, yet so boring she made it seem like if it was the dullest job in the world. Afterwards we all went back to the room to let her say welcome to the team and we were dismissed, we were hired on the spot; the whole interview had taken 3 hours.

Interview Question – Are you a Christian?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non-negotable

Electronics Sales Associate Interview

Electronics Sales Associate
Brooklyn, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Kmart.

Interview Details – When you first apply to K-Mart they usually schedule an interview right away. Within a two week period, you are scheduled to meet with a HR Manager who explains the company and what position you would be taking if your application is accepted.

Interview Question – why do you want to be apart of K-mart and what makes the company better than others. The company was still something to consider, however the pay is not.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Kmart.

Interview Details – Human Resource Manager had no idea what to ask me so she was going off a piece of paper. The interview questions were ridiculous and very difficult to answer. I felt I was interviewing for an Executive position or something. Also, the training was horrible. I was with one young girl who could have cared less if I learned anything from her. I also had a guy train me my second day who was more interested in sharing his personal life with me than teaching me what I needed to learn. I quit on my third day because I felt the job was a joke.

Interview Question – 1. Tell me about a time where you set a goal for yourself. How did you meet that goal? At what time did you tell yourself you had done enough and why?

2. Tell me about yourself.

3. Tell me about a time where you had to work as a team. What was your role?

Plus a lot of other questions that were very difficult to answer. I cannot even remember them. This was by far the worst interviewing experience I have ever endured.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Job offer but the pay was set at minimum wage. The pay was terrible considering I have tons of experience.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Part Time Cashier
Little Rock, AR

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Kmart in July 2014.

Interview Details – The interview went well. The interviewer ask many questions. Kmart sounded like it would be a good organization to work for. I was in disbelief when the interviewer said the starting pay was minimum wage. I expected to recieve nine dollars with the qualifications I have. The organization need to increase the starting wage.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in retail?   Answer Question
  • Why did you apply to be a part time cashier with the educational background you have?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I decline because the organization starting pay is minimum wage.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Hooksett, NH

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Kmart in October 2011.

Interview Details – Interview was a very easy process they where basically just looking for someone that could filling the slots they had in scheduling. The HR person was very nice and asked a minimum amount of questions.

Interview Question – There really was not one.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Salem, OR

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Kmart in July 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, and was called for an interview a few weeks later. Interview was the easiest I've had, and I thought it went well. Was called for a second interview with the store manager, and he did most of the talking. Just explained job duties and such. After that, I submitted info for a background check. However, for some reason, I got an email a few days later saying they were no longer interested. I find that strange, because there's absolutely nothing bad that could have been uncovered in a background check. Not even traffic violations. Overall, the interview was simple.

Interview Questions

Worked for Kmart? Contribute to the Community!