Kmart Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2014
Updated Sep 9, 2014

1.9

ASM Hardlines Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kmart in August 2013.

Applied online and contacted by a recruiter within two weeks. Basic 30 minute phone interview with recruiter which lead to an in person interview with a district manager and a store manager at a store two weeks later. Basic interview questions along with questions based on a case study, stats and basic info from an example store. At the end of the interview was told by the DM to expect a call within 48 hrs with an offer. Told details and plans discussed in interview were changed only after offer already accepted, so be sure to ask questions and make sure of the details before accepting any offer; for example: training store location and duration, assignment after training.

No negotiation.

Cashier Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Kmart.

After submiting my application, i was contacted by HR about a week later to schedule an interview. After the interview i was told to check my email for the documents i had to sign

Interview Questions
    • Not anything difficult, just answer with the mindset "the customer is first"   Answer Question
    none

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Metairie, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Metairie, LA

interviewed at Kmart in January 2010.

The hiring and interview process was pretty simple. After applying for the job I got a call back to come in for the interview. Human Resources asked the normal interviewing questions for example: Why do you want to work for us, Tell me about yourself, What kind of compensation/salary are you seeking, etc. After a day or two I got another call being offered the job. After accepting the job, they scheduled a time for me to come in to start the paper work, scheduled a drug test at the nearest drug testing facility, orientation, and training (video and hands on).

Interview Questions
    • The unexpected question was "Would you help a friend steal".   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Temple City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temple City, CA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Kmart in August 2014.

I had apply Kmart on-line then if they interest you on your resume then they will arranged for first interview then second interest with store manager. He ask me basic interview and (some question is not relate to job position.) but they wanted to know if you know their reward programs.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kmart in August 2014.

I got called a phone call the day after I applied online to come in for an interview, she told me to go to the service desk and let them know I was there. After waiting at the service desk for about 10 minutes they called me back to her office and she went over my basic information. She asked my availability and about my experience. Most of the questions were about customer service, retail experience and any problems I had to solve. I was also asked a few similar questions by one of the shift supervisors. She told me she would call me back the next week, and I got a call from her 4 days after the interview and offered my the job. I accepted and now have completed most of my pre-hire paperwork including I9 forms, direct deposit, and others. Overall a great experience!

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you gave excellent customer service during your previous work experience.   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Manager Interview

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Kmart.

I had 5 different interviews for this position.

- Recruiter (telephone)
    - Recorded interview on a computer
    - District loss prevention manager and store manager
    - Regional loss prevention manager
    - Regional loss prevention director

Kmart Cashier Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Kmart in August 2013.

I was interviewed for a cashier position but then the HR lady offered me to go for Data Integrity Specialist which is a backroom position which was just as great. The interviewers were quite friendly and straight forward. Great people in general.

Interview Questions
    • Will you quit if you get offered a position with a higher salary?   View Answer

Electronics Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Kmart in September 2010.

After one of those standard personality quizzes (the electronic type -- just answer every question as if you'd rather kill a baby than steal from Kmart), you move on to a very, very basic interview. Questions focus on your schedule and availability. Another major focus is personality; if you're working on the floor, they basically want to make sure you're not the type of person that will steal anything. I was asked about previous work experience, but I didn't seem to matter too much. I do recall that upon hiring, there is a single training session, that is very lengthy, required lots of activities and the reading of many thick manuals.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions. Prepare yourself to answer the most basic of interview questions and you'll be fine.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase.

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lansing, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Kmart in August 2014.

I applied online got a call to come for an interview 2 days later went in this was a 3 part interview I had to speak with 3 people in one day. The final decision was left up to the store manager and I was hired on the spot. I have to get a drug test and bring in my social and I.d then I can start. Also during the interview I was asked questions on a sheet of paper they were kind of difficult but nothing to serious.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you had to exceed someones expectation?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation I accepted it the happily.

ASM, Softlines Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Asheville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Kmart in June 2014.

The process was very detailed and specific. I received a called the day after I finished the questionnaire for the hiring process. The lady that I spoke to, Jill, was very helpful in retrieving information about my direct deposit, training, and where to even begin.

Interview Questions
    • If there was something that I could better myself, personality wise, what would it be?   View Answer

Worked for Kmart? Contribute to the Community!