Kmart

Updated Jan 19, 2015
Updated Jan 19, 2015

1.9

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kmart.

Applied online. Heard back a day later. They wanted me to come in for an interview a few days afterward. They interviewed me one on one and I was hired the same day.

Interview Questions
    • When is a time you prvoided exceptional customer service?   Answer Question

Floater Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kmart.

I applied to a few positions/locations and was called by hiring personnel for a phone interview involving simple behavioral questions; she was basically looking for someone who could hold a conversation (her words). She forwarded my resume/information to a hiring manager with whom I had another interview. This interview was long (almost 2 hours) but mostly because we were chatting. Only three behavioral questions were asked this time, which were related to accountability or handling difficult customers/colleagues. I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time you had to take accountability for a mistake   Answer Question

Hardlines Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chico, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chico, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Kmart.

Took many phone calls and showing up to get an interview. Exstensive for such a low paying job. General questions, team building, what woukd you do under pressure, ect. Be prepared to sell ypuself to them.

There are no raises here, unless you get promoted. Even if the rase the rate of pay for your job they do no match your pay, you will be stuck at hiring pay.

Interview Questions
    • tell me about a time you went above your call of duity at a job   Answer Question
    • tell me why I should hire you over everyone else   Answer Question
    • how woukd you sell someone a protection plan   Answer Question
    • how would you sign someone uo for a rewards card if they didnt want one   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Front End Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kmart.

The lady alled me interview process was pretty easy we talke breifly about the job and what my job duties whoild be not to much later I got the job

I didn't

Floater Pharmacist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kmart.

Applied online and got an email 1 week later to schedule a phone interview. The interview was very short and they asked the expected questions like why kmart? you experience? the asked if I was certified to immunize? very simple questions

Interview Questions
    • The interview was very short and they asked the expected questions like why kmart? you experience?   Answer Question

Kmart Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kmart.

It was very easy. They just ask you basic questions like your availability and how much you expect to make. They ask about your previous work history etc. they just have to ask these questions but they don't care who works there as long as they get paid

Interview Questions

It is an awful work environment. More for high schoolers who are looking for experience and money but don't actually want to work

Cashier Interview

FAST AND EASY ESPECIALLY DURING THE HOLIDAY SEASON THEY ARE ALWAYS LOOKING TO HIRE AND WILL HIRE ON THE SPOT. Basic easy questions ask about why you want to work how long do you sew yourself with this company. No difficult or hard questions

Interview Questions
    • What would u do if a customer was rude or giving you a hard time   Answer Question
    NO NEGOTIATION

Customer Service Desk Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kmart.

In order to apply you must go online to put in your application and there is a character test (not sure if that's what they call it). It takes about 45 minutes to an hour to complete all of it. I was called in for an interview by HR. She was not real easy to get a hold of to schedule an appointment. I had my first interview with her which went well. I then had a second interview with the manager. The interview process was relaxed and did not take long. The office was clean and neat and the staff was nice but it was getting close to the holidays and you could tell they were overwhelmed by the increase in business, staff, hiring, etc. I knew within a couple of days that I was hired. When I came in they had a group of probably 8 of us. They assigned positions randomly without any rhyme or reason or any regards to what we had done in our past.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were normal interview questions from what I can remember. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Was called immediately easy interview. The Human resources lady was very nice. She offered the position right away, and attended training the following week. It was a nice experience as I thought I was not going to get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult interview at all. Asked me simple questions regarding customer service. Past experiences etsc.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kmart.

very easy online process 1 on 1 interview with hiring manger and then the on boarding process and drug test. After you accept you have orientation and then from there is training after 3 days your on your own.