Kmart Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015
Updated Mar 25, 2015

1.9

Kmart Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kmart.

It was very easy. They just ask you basic questions like your availability and how much you expect to make. They ask about your previous work history etc. they just have to ask these questions but they don't care who works there as long as they get paid

Interview Questions

It is an awful work environment. More for high schoolers who are looking for experience and money but don't actually want to work

Cashier Interview

FAST AND EASY ESPECIALLY DURING THE HOLIDAY SEASON THEY ARE ALWAYS LOOKING TO HIRE AND WILL HIRE ON THE SPOT. Basic easy questions ask about why you want to work how long do you sew yourself with this company. No difficult or hard questions

Interview Questions
    • What would u do if a customer was rude or giving you a hard time   Answer Question
    NO NEGOTIATION

Customer Service Desk Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kmart.

In order to apply you must go online to put in your application and there is a character test (not sure if that's what they call it). It takes about 45 minutes to an hour to complete all of it. I was called in for an interview by HR. She was not real easy to get a hold of to schedule an appointment. I had my first interview with her which went well. I then had a second interview with the manager. The interview process was relaxed and did not take long. The office was clean and neat and the staff was nice but it was getting close to the holidays and you could tell they were overwhelmed by the increase in business, staff, hiring, etc. I knew within a couple of days that I was hired. When I came in they had a group of probably 8 of us. They assigned positions randomly without any rhyme or reason or any regards to what we had done in our past.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were normal interview questions from what I can remember. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Was called immediately easy interview. The Human resources lady was very nice. She offered the position right away, and attended training the following week. It was a nice experience as I thought I was not going to get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult interview at all. Asked me simple questions regarding customer service. Past experiences etsc.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kmart.

very easy online process 1 on 1 interview with hiring manger and then the on boarding process and drug test. After you accept you have orientation and then from there is training after 3 days your on your own.

Service Desk Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kmart in December 2014.

Applied online for an open position through indeed. The application process is seriously the most tedious part. It took me about an hour to complete the application and if you are applying for different positions, you'll have to take the assessment each time. Got a call back a couple of days later to come in for an interview the following Monday. The interview was very easy...extremely easy!! I arrived 10 minutes early so I went to the service desk and told them that I was there for an interview. They told me to go back to the electronics department to wait for the HR to come get me. After like 2 minutes she came to get me and took me into her office where the interview began. She proceeded to tell me about the position and all that it in-tells. She was really nice, she spent about 15 minutes going over the position and the requirements and asked me if I had any criminal history on my background. After all of that she finally asked me tell me about yourself (Thats the only interview question that I was asked) and is my availability open. After all of that she told me that I would be getting an offer letter through email and I would general have 0 contact with her anymore because everything would come through brassring! On my way home I received the offer email and I accepted. As soon as I got home I received the background and drug screening email. I decided to do the drug screen that day so I could get it out of the way because you only have 48hrs to do it plus it takes like a week for the company to get your results back. The following Monday I received an email with my onboard registration and my I-9 papers. It took me about an hour to do! Now Im just waiting for a call back or email to see when I can start my first day.

None
    Minimum wage

Hardlines Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kmart.

I was called within a week and set up an interview. Very basic past experience questions. Once offered a job, only took about 1-3 days for orientation and getting through all the training.

None.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bensalem, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bensalem, PA

Best way is to know someone already working in the company. Easy interview. Part time position so does not require any advance degrees or even a high school diploma. The level of training fluctuates, it depends on the person training you. Be sure you're ready to work and learn to be a self motivated person.

part time workers will only get paid minimum wage

Softlines Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kmart.

First I spoke with the HR and she asked me questions about past experiences dealing with customers. I passed that portion of the interview and she brought in the person that would be my supervisor. I got similar questions from her and she asked why I wanted to be in fashions. They hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had to deliver excellent customer service.   View Answer
    No negotiations. I got minimum wage.

Hardlines Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kmart.

Applied online for a seasonal position at Kmart and Sears. I received a phone call from the Regional Manager a day or two later about setting up an interview. She asked me if I could interview that day or the next day. I was told to go to the store location at the interview time and ask for the manager. When I arrived for the interview, I ended up meeting with the Softlines Manager. He was very nice and he asked me about four of five questions. He offered me the job after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Is there any job or responsibility that you would not do or want to do?   Answer Question