Kmart Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

1.8

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kmart in June 2015.

Interview

Human Resources will call you in after the interview is set in place. They'll basically go over your resume with you and ask about prior work experiences, if any are applicable. They'll see if you can fit in with their schedules or in there'll be any type of problem. Drug tests and background checks are done on your own time, only when you have been selected for the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kmart (Cleveland, TN) in June 2015.

Interview

It was just a normal interveiw process, just normal questions and nothing out of the ordinary, it was the job that was the bad part. The interview was easy, questions that I was fully prepared for and answered with confidence and ease.

Interview Questions

• Describe your past work experiences.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroe, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kmart (Monroe, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

The whole thing took less than half an hour, I went in and answered a couple questions and talked to two separate people. I think they were pretty desperate to hire people cause this was my first job and they hired me without hardly any hesitation. They called me and I went in the next day for my interview on a thursday, then later that same day they sent me two emails with my onboard info which I filled out, and they called me in for orientation the monday after that. Communication was a little weak but I think that was partly because I didn't know what to expect since it was my first interview.

Interview Questions

• When was a time when you were challenged?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kmart (Milford, CT) in June 2015.

Interview

The process took two days. I applied online Sunday night and they called me on Monday afternoon. I scheduled an interview for that Tuesday afternoon. When I went in I went to the customer service desk and told them I had an interview. The girl I was supposed to interview with did not want to do it at the moment cause she was on break--__--. So the other employees contacted the actual manager and after fifteen minutes of exploring the store, I interviewed with him. He was SUPER nice. He talked more about the company than he did about me so it was pretty laid back. When we started laughing and joking around I knew I was in. He hired me on the spot, I did my drug test and he said he wants to get me in by next week. Yay !

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kmart (Bloomington, IN) in June 2015.

Interview

I was called within 2 days of applying. The interview was very straight to the point and engaging. I immediately had my second interview and was offered the position. They also offered me a higher position instead.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lodi, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kmart (Lodi, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

It went very smoothly. I don't really have anything negative to say about the interview process. It was on time, and everything went great. I loved the HR lady's personality, and we seemed to click very well I was hired on the spot!

Interview Questions

• What have you done in the past to help settle an angry customer's mood.   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kmart (Carson, CA).

Interview

i was asked a few questions about my previous work experience and my availability. i was also asked a few general customer service questions and then told i was hired

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kmart.

Interview

The whole interview was done in 10 minutes. I walked in, asked for the hiring manager, was asked a few questions, and they offered me a job. It was one on one, and very casual.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kmart (Miami, FL).

Interview

Very simple and to the point I really don't know what else to say about it except it wasn't really bad I felt comfortable the whole time. This was a really easy job to get

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with people before? Are you good with money   Answer Question

Hardlines Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kmart.

Interview

Overall a very average interview and hiring process. One interview with someone from the Human Resources department. Interview was very straightforward with standard behavioral questions dealing mostly with customer service and human interaction.