Kmart Interview Questions

1.9

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kmart in July 2014.

Initial Communication was confusing, gave the wrong location for kmart when applying at multiple locations. Waited an hour for them to get to me only to tell me that they had given me the wrong location. They had staff that was sick and puking in the waiting room instead of sending home.

Department Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kmart.

They don't want to discuss your resume, they want to see how you deal with stressful situations and how you would defuse the situation and what you would do.

Reset Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocklin, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocklin, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kmart.

Interview process was simple. Receive a phone call to schedule an interview time, and show up. Basic questions(what you'd do in a stressful situation, dealing with an upset customer, feedback you've received in previous jobs/in school, etc.)

Interview Questions
    Take the job and get some experience under your belt for a better job in the near future.

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Randolph, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Randolph, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kmart.

Literally it was the fastest process ever. I applied online then within like a week they called me and asked to come in a few days later in the morning. I did so and had a talk with the store manager. He was really nice and asked a few basic questions like "describe yourself, where do you go to school, whats your availability". Nothing hard at all. He talked about himself for most of the interview believe it or not. I barely said anything. He explained the routine of a cashier and then asked if i had any questions for him. It was like a 10 minute process with him talking for 8 minutes of it. It was chill and no problems were had.

Interview Questions
    • As with any interview I always think the "describe yourself" question was the hardest. Cause you never know what they really wanna hear.   View Answer

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kmart.

Fairly easy. Application was done online. Before submitting your application you needed to take some skills and personality assessments (how would you handle or react to different situations). Interview was fast. Basic questions.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online,then did the assessment.recruiter responded in about a week.I was asked to interview with a store manager and if that went well,you were asked to interview with another store manager who if you passed that interview,you then had an interview with the district manager

Electronics Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kmart.

Applied online, called within a week to set up an appointment with human resources. The interview was short and painless. We spoke more about sport teams rather than the job. I was hired on the spot pending background check and drug test.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations, it was my first job so I was okay with what they offered.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kmart.

I filled out the job application online at the kmart website. I received a phone call askingif I was interested in coming in for an interview about a week later.

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kmart.

Job posting online. I filled out the application and had to do a placement test on their website that put me in situations like ones I would encounter on the job. Said they would contact me within a couple weeks but they never did.

Interview Questions
    • They had some scenarios with very angry people who would get mad no matter what you said   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Kmart in June 2014.

I applied online. Got called very soon, within a week. Came in for an interview. Was interviewed by 3 people. Took approximately 1.5 hours. Basically, emphasize your passion about providing excellent customer service. Offered the job on the spot and asked for some time to think about it. They pay $8 an hour for part time up to 25 hours. That wasn't going to work for me, so I declined the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • What's 50% of a dollar? That was really weird. The questions weren't too hard. Just long.   View Answer

I couldn't do $8 for up to 25hrs. I simply needed more for the cost of gas and my college tuition (300/m). Besides, the manager said that the cashiers cringe when she comes up. And "people who come in here aren't very nice." Great, right? LOL