Kmart Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

1.8

Overnight Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kmart (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process is easy for an associate position. I got offered a job right on the interview. They asked basic questions customer scenario questions. Unfortunately they would not higher me because I have health problems. I would have been a great Employee K-mart! Change your medical marijuana policy.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kmart (Bronx, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and a week later I got a call telling me to come in for an interview on a tuesday. The procesd was very easy. The person that interviewed me was really nice. The interview took about 10 minutes. I got asked what department I wanted to work in and I got hired on the spot. They sent me an email to confirm my drug test instructions and permission for a background check. I came in for orientation on friday and I took a tour of the store, watched a video and learned about store procedure. Overall it was a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to resolve a problem on your own.

Why do you want to work at kmart?

What does customer service mean to you?

What would you do if a customer was angry at you?

Answer Question

Overnight Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kmart (Bronx, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I was called to come in for a interview after applying online 3 weeks earlier. The interview was simple they gave a brief run down on what the job requires and the hours. They asked about my previous work experience and that was it, I was on my way to take the drug test.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kmart.

Interview

Pretty relaxed, many situation interview questions, friendly. They contacted me within a week of applying, and the entire process took about another week. It was relatively straight-forward. They didn't notify me of a dress code, but I was dressed business casual.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficulty you recently overcame?   Answer Question
    • If a customer were to ask you a question you didn't know the answer to, how would you respond?   Answer Question

MCC Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mantua, NJ

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kmart (Mantua, NJ).

Interview

It was very easy, a lady asked me a bunch of questions and I answered them. The lady was not rude and was very kind and friendly. I did not have any kind of bad feelings during the interview.

Inventory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Kmart (Hoffman Estates, IL).

Interview

Met with three directors in person after a phone screening, and one phone screen from the hiring manager. I was offered the job on Monday after interviewing on Friday. I was surprised at how quickly the offer was extended.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Straightfoward. The company met some of my asks.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kmart in March 2015.

Interview

Had to wait awhile to get in for the interview, but most of the workers there were super nice. The interview was pretty easy. Got asked a few typical interview questions, talked about what times I was available and what parts of the store I'd like to work in. Got offered at job at the end.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kmart.

Interview

The Store Manager made it really easy and less stressful on me. He obviously knew I was nervous and he started with small talk as he looked over the application. It really mellowed me out before the hard hitting questions.

Interview Questions

• How good are you with gaming and TV knowledge?   1 Answer

Kmart Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fair Lawn, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Kmart (Fair Lawn, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

called in for interview and met with a very nice HR person who promised to get back to me in a day or two. One day short of two weeks HR person contacted me for second interview this time with store manager. Seems like a lot for a little, I shall let you know outcome.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest thing you ever had to do at work?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Hardlines Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fall River, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kmart (Fall River, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

two separate on line tests approximately 1/2 hour each, basic questions on P&L, payroll, your management style etc., then a phone interview again, basic questions asking about prior work experience, how would you handle a certain situation etc., then a one on one interview with store manager asking same basic questions, once passed that a one on one with district manager

Interview Questions

• interview questions relatively easy if you have previous retail management experience   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had already used Glassdoor to see what the average salary was, asked for what I wanted and got it