Kmart Interview Questions & Reviews

1.9

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  West Branch, MI
    Anonymous Employee in West Branch, MI

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Kmart in April 2014.

Called me the next day after putting my app in and i went in for the interview. It turned out to be only 29 hours a week with no chance of getting full time. I would have been working for gas only. Very low pay when i had 25+ years experiance. Very disappointed. No benefits either.

Interview Questions
    • You would have to be a cashier on the front end to get all your 29 hours.   View Answer

Low pay, no benefits or chance to advance. The drive and jobs.

Freight Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ottumwa, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottumwa, IA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Kmart in October 2012.

The interview was really easy. Only asked the basic questions and made sure I was able to do the job.

No negotiation

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Barbara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kmart in December 2011.

Phone Recruiter, Regional Recruiter, Application, Background Check, Regional Interview

Interview Questions
    • Make sure you know EVERYTHING about the company, especially ALL the SYWR, SYWR APP, Gofer, Online Layaway, Max Plus, anything related to the customer "Member"   Answer Question
    The Main Recruiter base your pay from your past experience and pay range

Sales Associate Interview

The interview was quick and painless. The questions were pretty standard and basic. Very corporate interview and I was in and out in under 20 minutes. I believe other candidates were scheduled after me and they were trying to interview as many people as possible.

Interview Questions
    • Asked if I were able to lift 50 lb items   View Answer
    • Asked if I had experience with customer service.   View Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Decatur, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, AL

I interviewed online - interviewed at Kmart.

Did an online application. Heard from them a few months later. Was interviewed by HR manager. Asked simple basic customer service questions.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Port Richey, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Port Richey, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Kmart in April 2014.

Applied online and got a call from the HR manager two days later to set up an interview.
    Came in a couple of days after the call where the manager lead me to a back room for the interview.
    After she asked all the questions that she needed, she explained what the uniform had to be, what some of the policies were, etc. Then I was told that they would call for a second interview if they were interested.

Interview Questions
    • I guess most of them were kind of difficult considering that this was my first interview. Mostly behavioral questions. None of them were really unexpected though, except for when she asked me to tell her about a time when I received excellent customer service and wanted to know specifically what store I was at when it happened.

It also seemed like she hadnt gone through my application completely, because she asked me to tell her about a time when I provided good customer service, even though I noted that I have no previous job experience when filling out the application.

Some other questions asked during the interview:

Tell me about a time where you had to choose between finishing an important assignment or assisting another person.
      Why should we hire you?
      Tell me about your availability?
      Were you late a lot in school?
        Answer Question

Loss Prevention Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Flint, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Flint, MI

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Kmart in February 2014.

applied online and was called about two days later and scheduled for an interview. Interview was quick with general questions about past accomplishments and why I think I would fit good in the company.

Interview Questions

they only hire loss prevention associates part time

Kmart Cashier Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Kmart.

I got to the store about 10 minutes early. The service desk told me to go to the back to see the HR. I walked in and sat down. Right away she asked what days and times I was available and then asked the questions. During the whole interview (which lasted about 15 minutes) she kept getting phone calls. She only asked about 3 questions and then told me the pay and said "I am going to hire you, do you want to accept the position?"

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was: "Give me an example of a time when you helped somebody with a sense of urgency."   View Answer
    I was not able to negotiate. She just said that was what they started at.

Hardline Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Marshall, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marshall, MN

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Kmart in October 2013.

I had one interview with the store manager.

Softlines Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Madison Heights, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison Heights, MI

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Kmart in March 2014.

They had a job fair so me and my friend went to it. Was super crowded and took over four hours waiting just to be interviewed. I didn't apply before hand but they didn't mind. The interview took about 5-10 mins. Afterwards, i went home and applied. Two days later got an email about taking a drug test and background check. I go tomorrow for my drug test, everything should turn out fine and i should hear back within the next couple days to start.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you out of everyone here?
      What is your least favorite thing you would want to do here? Favorite?
      Some questions were the type "what would you do, how would you handle, " questions.
        Answer Question