Kmart

Updated Dec 4, 2014
Updated Dec 4, 2014

1.9

Layaway Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Kmart.

Online application followed by an online assessment. A day or two later, I received a call from the HR rep at the local store to schedule an interview. I went in a few days later, was offered the job on the spot, and started two days after that.

No negotiation.

Loss Prevention Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kmart in May 2014.

The interview is a one to one interview, that usually takes place at least a week after the confirmation call. The format of the interview usually focus on the basic structure of a formal interview.

Interview Questions
    • What are your goals for the next 5 years.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation phase.

Hardlines Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chico, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chico, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Kmart in May 2014.

I had initially applied for a cashier job, but the HR manager asked me to fill out an app for Hardlines as I was a better fit there. The interview was very friendly. She asked the basic questions and laughed when I joked about my answers. She seemed to have made up her mind to hire me about halfway through the interview, but we still completed the whle thing.

Overnight Replenishment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Orange, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Kmart in May 2014.

I was asked a series of questions that you would easily find in a typical interview such as "what are your goals" or "What do you think you can contribute to us?". Just be sure you're prepared to be asked those questions. It's very easy. Also, be sure you keep your cool.

Kmart Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Orange, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kmart in May 2014.

I had applied on a Friday and not even a week later I've got a call ( which I had missed) saying I have a interview on that Wednesday . Came dress in a nice dress suit for the interview. The interview was place on the back of the store, where I waited with other people getting interview for different positions. I originally had applied for softlines but also pricing lead because I had 6 years of experience in it. The person that interviewed me( which I must say was very nice) told me she wasn't going to put my softlines application through because I more experience in pricing first, but I had to wait 4 days for her to send an email to take the screening test again( I'm guess because I have took the test already I didn't have to do it again, because it said I did) and have another interview with her boss. So I waited 1 week before I had a interview with her boss ( which was the world shortest interview) and didn't ask me questions about the pricing position just offer me customer service supervisor ( which I appected) and told me another person will called about pay and stuff with the position. The next day I recieve a call saying the starting pay is $8.75 an hour( which I though was sad and it is part-time but was ok because I have another job) an which I will recieve an email for taking my drug test and background consent and a print out for a epassport escreening ( the closet drug test clinic for me was at the airport where they was located deep inside the place and didn't asking before hand if I am take any medication) and waited 4 days apon completion to recieve 3 emails for new hire. I recieve my on friday ( after leaving my dentist) and completed the forms for "I-9,if I wanted check or direct deposit, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Why kmart? What hours can you work? What department do you not want to work? Describe yourself in three words? How are you with customers? Can you work later when ask? If you have another job can you be here on time? Etc   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate because.
    My advice to everyone is to patient, dress to impress, have your resume on hand just in case, be honest in your interview,and don't look for big starting pay no more than $8.25 if it entry level position. And part-time are up to 29 hours a week.

Hardlines Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Albany, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Albany, IN

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Kmart in May 2014.

The interview went very smooth with very little questions, in a calm environment.

Interview Questions
    Specific days off were key.

Loss Prevention Specialist Interview

Interview went great! Sat down with a Loss Prevention Team Lead and Store Manager and they asked me a bunch of questions. I was invited back for a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if your best friend, who also works at the store, was stealing from the company?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

The interview was quick and painless. The questions were pretty standard and basic. Very corporate interview and I was in and out in under 20 minutes. I believe other candidates were scheduled after me and they were trying to interview as many people as possible.

Interview Questions
    • Asked if I were able to lift 50 lb items   View Answer
    • Asked if I had experience with customer service.   View Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, AL

I applied online – interviewed at Kmart.

Did an online application. Heard from them a few months later. Was interviewed by HR manager. Asked simple basic customer service questions.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Richey, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Richey, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kmart in April 2014.

Applied online and got a call from the HR manager two days later to set up an interview.
    Came in a couple of days after the call where the manager lead me to a back room for the interview.
    After she asked all the questions that she needed, she explained what the uniform had to be, what some of the policies were, etc. Then I was told that they would call for a second interview if they were interested.

Interview Questions
    • I guess most of them were kind of difficult considering that this was my first interview. Mostly behavioral questions. None of them were really unexpected though, except for when she asked me to tell her about a time when I received excellent customer service and wanted to know specifically what store I was at when it happened.

It also seemed like she hadnt gone through my application completely, because she asked me to tell her about a time when I provided good customer service, even though I noted that I have no previous job experience when filling out the application.

Some other questions asked during the interview:

Tell me about a time where you had to choose between finishing an important assignment or assisting another person.
      Why should we hire you?
      Tell me about your availability?
      Were you late a lot in school?

Answer Question