Kmart

Updated Aug 26, 2014

2.9

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Loss Prevention Manager Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kmart.

I had 5 different interviews for this position.

- Recruiter (telephone)
- Recorded interview on a computer
- District loss prevention manager and store manager
- Regional loss prevention manager
- Regional loss prevention director

Other Interview Reviews for Kmart

Loss Prevention Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Kmart in June 2014.

I applied and the whole process took about 2 and half months. The first interview was over the phone with the District LPM and lasted about 10 minutes. The next interview was with the store store manager which lasted about an hour where we both exchanged questions back and forth. Very professional and straight forward.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a fire in the building and steps would you take?   Answer Question
    No negotiation it was this is what you are paid, take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kmart in June 2014.

I responded to an job posting. made my application, resume. and cover letter. Sent it in at about 10 am and received a call later that day. i was asked to come in before 5 for an interview. i interviewed that day. with being prior military and law enforcement. i felt that i could be very competitive for the position. when i got home i was given an offer sheet in my email.

Interview Questions
    • tell us about a time in your carrer when you exceed at a task.   Answer Question

the pay was way to small. they offered 8.75 an hour. there are entry level security guards that make more than that. i declined the offer and sent a counter offer. they never returned my call or responded to my email.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kmart in January 2013.

After two years working as a loss prevention associate and training under the LPM for the position the opening was becoming available due to the LPM transferring to another store. Due to the open district loss prevention manager position there was no clear single leadership or communication to submit my interest in the job or my resume. After two months a Multi-Unit LP manager was promoted to the DLPM position and I was given an interview. Two interviews were conducted back-to-back by a Multi-Unit LPM and another more experienced DLPM. Both interviews were fairly straight forward for the job position with plenty of questions about shrink and safety, including a store walk to point out shrink and safety issues. Both interviews went very well with the interviewing DLPM expressing his recommendation for me to take the position. After another month, as I continued to work as the store's LPM through the fourth quarter following the previous LPM's transfer, the new DLPM announces his transfer to another district and that the DLPM that had interviewed me would be taking over. Upon follow-up about the LPM job position I was informed that prior to the newly promoted DLPM's transfer he had given the position to a LPM from another store and the transfer was already in progress.
    The unstable management condition made communication difficult and the process longer than it typically would take. The interviewers were friendly, professional and seemed like they would be a pleasure to work with. The newly promoted district LP manager on the other hand was unprofessional and disrespectful in handling the process and his treatment of not only an applicant but a current employee.

Interview Questions
    • Walking the sales floor and looking for all the shrink and/or safety opportunities.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zion, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zion, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kmart in May 2010.

I had to go through numerous interviews for the position of Loss Prevention Manager over a period of approximately one month. I have been in communication with the DLPM I am supposed to be working for, however there is a stall at the corporate level regarding what I assume is over salary.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked specific questions regarding the Shrink within the store, information that was not shared with me by my manager prior to the interview.   Answer Question
    • I was asked questions about my former employer, Kohl's, with regard to shrink numbers, something I hadn't thought about in roughly 10 years.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bensalem, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bensalem, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kmart in May 2009.

Applied through Craigslist.com by sending a resume. Roughly 3-4 days later, I received a call from the District Loss Prevention Manager who did a breif phone interview then scheduled me for an in person interview. Upon arriving at the interview, I found that the Regional Director of Loss Prevention was present. The interview was pretty standard.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate my salary to an extent. Didn't really try to negotiate anything else.

Loss Prevention Manager Interview

Kmart reached out to me. I worked for another company doing loss prevention and they contacted me. I had an interview with the district loss prevention manager. I then had an interview with the store manager. The interviews were not your normal job interview questions. They were more conversation like.

Loss Prevention Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Kmart in August 2009.

Interview went well with HR and store GM, then phone interview with DM