Kmart

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Kmart in January 2013.

Interview Details – After two years working as a loss prevention associate and training under the LPM for the position the opening was becoming available due to the LPM transferring to another store. Due to the open district loss prevention manager position there was no clear single leadership or communication to submit my interest in the job or my resume. After two months a Multi-Unit LP manager was promoted to the DLPM position and I was given an interview. Two interviews were conducted back-to-back by a Multi-Unit LPM and another more experienced DLPM. Both interviews were fairly straight forward for the job position with plenty of questions about shrink and safety, including a store walk to point out shrink and safety issues. Both interviews went very well with the interviewing DLPM expressing his recommendation for me to take the position. After another month, as I continued to work as the store's LPM through the fourth quarter following the previous LPM's transfer, the new DLPM announces his transfer to another district and that the DLPM that had interviewed me would be taking over. Upon follow-up about the LPM job position I was informed that prior to the newly promoted DLPM's transfer he had given the position to a LPM from another store and the transfer was already in progress.
The unstable management condition made communication difficult and the process longer than it typically would take. The interviewers were friendly, professional and seemed like they would be a pleasure to work with. The newly promoted district LP manager on the other hand was unprofessional and disrespectful in handling the process and his treatment of not only an applicant but a current employee.

Interview Question – Walking the sales floor and looking for all the shrink and/or safety opportunities.   Answer Question

Bensalem, PA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kmart in May 2009.

Interview Details – Applied through Craigslist.com by sending a resume. Roughly 3-4 days later, I received a call from the District Loss Prevention Manager who did a breif phone interview then scheduled me for an in person interview. Upon arriving at the interview, I found that the Regional Director of Loss Prevention was present. The interview was pretty standard.

Interview Question – How would you describe your management style?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my salary to an extent. Didn't really try to negotiate anything else.

Zion, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kmart in May 2010.

Interview Details – I had to go through numerous interviews for the position of Loss Prevention Manager over a period of approximately one month. I have been in communication with the DLPM I am supposed to be working for, however there is a stall at the corporate level regarding what I assume is over salary.

Interview Questions

• I was asked specific questions regarding the Shrink within the store, information that was not shared with me by my manager prior to the interview.   Answer Question
  • I was asked questions about my former employer, Kohl's, with regard to shrink numbers, something I hadn't thought about in roughly 10 years.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at Kmart

Interview Details – Kmart reached out to me. I worked for another company doing loss prevention and they contacted me. I had an interview with the district loss prevention manager. I then had an interview with the store manager. The interviews were not your normal job interview questions. They were more conversation like.

Interview Question – Discussing your last non productive contact.   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Kmart in August 2009.

Interview Details – Interview went well with HR and store GM, then phone interview with DM

Interview Question – Why are you interested in this position.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kmart

Worked for Kmart? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kmart Loss Prevention Manager interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Kmart employees and interview candidates.