Kmart Overnight Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 13, 2015

1.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kmart (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Extremely easy i did the application on monday got called Wednesday to come in for a interview Thursday morning i pretty much knew i had from when she called me because she told me to bring my social and picture id so Today is Thursday i went for my interview this morning she literally asked me 1 question and explained to me what i would be doing overnight she e mailed me the consent for my background check and drug test right than and there while i was sitting in front of her i did everything on my phone signed the consent scheduled the site to take my drug test and i went right to take my drug test when i left which is escreen so they get the results right away but the background check usually takes 3 days so from here i'm jus waiting for her to call me for my orientation

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kmart (Bronx, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online through Indeed.com and was called back about a week later to come in the next day at 11:30 am. The HR manager was very nice and did not make me feel uncomfortable or intimidated at all, so it was a relaxing interview. She told me its going to be a very brief interview. Questions were your typical interview questions from any retail store. It was a 10 minute interview, and was pretty much hired on the spot. She told me she was going to forward the drug test conformation email to schedule a appointment, then after I pass she would call me for orientation which would be my first working day.

Interview Questions

• Why Kmart?   1 Answer
    • What is customer service to you?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time you experienced exceptional customer service   1 Answer
    • Which department do you want to work in?   1 Answer
    • What's your Availability?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kmart (Bronx, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I was called to come in for a interview after applying online 3 weeks earlier. The interview was simple they gave a brief run down on what the job requires and the hours. They asked about my previous work experience and that was it, I was on my way to take the drug test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kmart (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process is easy for an associate position. I got offered a job right on the interview. They asked basic questions customer scenario questions. Unfortunately they would not higher me because I have health problems. I would have been a great Employee K-mart! Change your medical marijuana policy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kmart (Bronx, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

during the process of being hired I went through a series of questions and videos which prepared me for the job also gave me a detailed description of the job of do's and don'ts and, provided information on becoming apart of the sears - kmart family which can be resourceful and beneficial also.

Interview Questions

• asking for five days of work while barely working two.   1 Answer

Negotiation

8.50 an hour plus night differential from 1am to 5am which brings it to 9.50 an hour for four hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middle Village, Otsego, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kmart (Middle Village, Otsego, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied online and receive a call the next day asking if I was still interested in the position. An interview was scheduled for the following week. One simple interview, and orientation days later. During the interview, I was asked about my availability. The process was easy and straight to the point.

Interview Questions

• Easy questions...what is your working history? Why do you want this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington, NY

Application

I interviewed at Kmart (Huntington, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

I applied for the job after seeing an ad on Indeed.com. Right after I submitted my application I received an email stating that my qualifications met the company's need and that I would be contacted soon. About five days later Patty from HR asked me to come in for an interview. During the interview I wasn't really asked much. Patty rambled for about thirty minutes about the company and told me about the overnight manager and she also told me not to expect a raise cause they haven't had one in three years. I sat there and smiled and nodded and she asked if I could come back in two days for orientation. i agreed and that was that. No questions and no drug test.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kmart (Chicago, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

A very easy interview. I was only asked the basic questions. I have a second interview tomorrow.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kmart (Miami, FL) in November 2011.

Interview

I had one interview. It was very fast and fairly easy.. they told what i would be doing and what was involved in my job. Management was really nice and easy to talk to. I also had to take a drug test too.

Interview Questions

• Did i have any experience in stocking fo any retail stores   1 Answer

Negotiation

Fast & easy!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kmart (San Diego, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

Worked at a kmart in a previos city. Applied online and took the test. Waited about a week and got a phone call from hr to come in for an interview. Since i already worked at a kmart before my manager wanted me to start right away. Took my drug test and started a week after my interview.

Interview Questions

• Where did you previously work?   1 Answer
    • What's a good trait about yourself?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Got told i was going to have my own department and that was it. Never turned out to be like that. I was expected to do much more.