Kmart

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Huntington, NY

I interviewed at Kmart in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for the job after seeing an ad on Indeed.com. Right after I submitted my application I received an email stating that my qualifications met the company's need and that I would be contacted soon. About five days later Patty from HR asked me to come in for an interview. During the interview I wasn't really asked much. Patty rambled for about thirty minutes about the company and told me about the overnight manager and she also told me not to expect a raise cause they haven't had one in three years. I sat there and smiled and nodded and she asked if I could come back in two days for orientation. i agreed and that was that. No questions and no drug test.

Interview Question – There were no questions   Answer Question

Somers Point, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kmart in August 2010.

Interview Details – One interview, if you want to call it that. Came in, gave my bank info for my direct deposit, boom hired.

Interview Question – What is your bank routing number?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, company at the time was in wage freeze. You basically get what you get. 8.75/hr

Middle Village, Otsego, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Kmart in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and receive a call the next day asking if I was still interested in the position. An interview was scheduled for the following week. One simple interview, and orientation days later. During the interview, I was asked about my availability. The process was easy and straight to the point.

Interview Question – Easy questions...what is your working history? Why do you want this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kmart in December 2010.

Interview Details – Worked at a kmart in a previos city. Applied online and took the test. Waited about a week and got a phone call from hr to come in for an interview. Since i already worked at a kmart before my manager wanted me to start right away. Took my drug test and started a week after my interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Got told i was going to have my own department and that was it. Never turned out to be like that. I was expected to do much more.

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kmart in April 2012.

Interview Details – A very easy interview. I was only asked the basic questions. I have a second interview tomorrow.

Interview Questions

Worked for Kmart? Contribute to the Community!