Kmart

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kmart.

Interview Details – I had one interview with the pharmacy district manager. Five years back it was a relatively easy process because of shortage of pharmacists in UT. In the last few years the jobs have been very difficult and only part time positions are available currently.

Interview Question – The interviewer asked me about a good restaurant in UT.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Research about vacation options and signing bonus. I didn't do that well.

Virginia Beach, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Kmart in January 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, got a call from the recruiter for a phone interview, lasted 20 mins. Most of the questions were behavioral type questions about customer service, teamwork and prioritization. I think in total, i had about 8-9 questions which also included talking about my background. The recruiter also took time to explain what they were looking for and what they were willing to offer. Overall, get your answers ready to all those questions because you wont have a lot of time to start thinking on the phone. PLus you might get 1 or 2 questions you are not ready for but that is ok.

Interview Question – What does excellent customer service mean to you   Answer Question

Pharmacist

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kmart in December 2010.

Interview Details – Played phone/e-mail tag with their recruiter for several days before having a night screening interview (8:30 pm). Was asked about my education, where I was currently working, and if i was willing to relocate. Was not contacted by district manager until 2 weeks later (again at 8:30 pm).

Interview Questions

Worked for Kmart? Contribute to the Community!