Kmart

Average Difficulty
32 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Springfield, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Kmart in August 2013.

Interview Details – I did their application online, it was pretty long-winded so I was glad that they called me for an interview a couple days later. I was interviewed first by the HR manager who discussed my availability, pay, how the Sears Holdings website worked, etc. Then I was interviewed by another manager who asked me some "Name a time when..." questions. They hired me on the spot. There were signs about drug testing in the office but I was never drug tested for some reason.

Interview Question – Name a time when a customer was angry and how did you handle it? I never had any retail experience at that point so I just gave an example of a group project in college when my partner was upset about something that had happened with the project.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not really, I was pretty open to everything they threw at me. I was available MWF and weekends, which was good enough for the part time hours.

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Kmart.

Interview Details – I filled out the job application online at the kmart website. I received a phone call askingif I was interested in coming in for an interview about a week later.

Interviewed at Kmart

Interview Details – The interview was quick and painless. The questions were pretty standard and basic. Very corporate interview and I was in and out in under 20 minutes. I believe other candidates were scheduled after me and they were trying to interview as many people as possible.

Interview Questions

• Asked if I were able to lift 50 lb items   View Answer
  • Asked if I had experience with customer service.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kmart.

Interview Details – they called I showed up and they gave me the job without questions

Very Easy Interview

Rexburg, ID

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kmart in April 2013.

Interview Details – I filled out an application online, called the store, requested to speak to the manager, informed him that I had applied an that I wanted to meet for an interview. Scheduled an interview, and was hired at the end of the interview

Interview Question – "Sell me a TV" Unexpected as this is not a sales or commission based role, it's simply labor   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, take minimum wage, or move on.

West Babylon, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kmart in March 2012.

Interview Details – Mandatory application must be completed online with a multitude of "ridiculous" questions that, in my opinion, do nothing to validate the worth or work ethics of an individual. After a lot of time, I was called several days later to come in and meet HR. I was hired immediately.

Interview Question – There was no difficult question. There were "stupid" questions during the online application. But the face-to-face meeting was quick and direct.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. I was offered job with no options.

Yankton, SD

I applied online - interviewed at Kmart in June 2009.

Interview Details – Applied online. Don't remember how long it took, but it couldn't have been too long to hear back from them. Called in for an interview. Answered basic questions about customer service, attendance, etc. Nothing unexpected. Just normal interview questions. After hiring, told to watch hours of training videos, which were on VHS.

Interview Question – There really wasn't any difficult questions. Just the basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Only a part time job.

Interviewed at Kmart

Interview Details – The first Human Resources Manager was awesome. This was over 9 years ago so there's no way I would remember. She hired me on the spot after I told her I had 7 years of retail experience and had a 2 year college degree. I worked in 4 different departments and enjoyed it almost until the end.

Interview Question – All questions were simple and direct, nothing to throw you off.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Kmart

Interview Details – Interview was brief and involved HR manager and assistant store manager
Questions were very basic
Got hired on the spot

Cleveland, OH

I applied through other source - interviewed at Kmart in May 2010.

Interview Details – Very thorough and involved process. Present many scenarios for job candidate to consider and comment on. Offers an in-depth look at situations one might not thing about when interviewing in a retail store.

Interview Question – How would you handle the witnessing of store theft?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kmart

Worked for Kmart? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kmart Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 32 interview reviews posted anonymously by Kmart employees and interview candidates.