Kmart Sales Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

1.7

33 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hooksett, NH
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hooksett, NH

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Kmart in October 2011.

Interview was a very easy process they where basically just looking for someone that could filling the slots they had in scheduling. The HR person was very nice and asked a minimum amount of questions.

There was no negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Kmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Springfield, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Kmart in August 2013.

I did their application online, it was pretty long-winded so I was glad that they called me for an interview a couple days later. I was interviewed first by the HR manager who discussed my availability, pay, how the Sears Holdings website worked, etc. Then I was interviewed by another manager who asked me some "Name a time when..." questions. They hired me on the spot. There were signs about drug testing in the office but I was never drug tested for some reason.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when a customer was angry and how did you handle it? I never had any retail experience at that point so I just gave an example of a group project in college when my partner was upset about something that had happened with the project.   Answer Question
    Not really, I was pretty open to everything they threw at me. I was available MWF and weekends, which was good enough for the part time hours.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Kmart.

I filled out the job application online at the kmart website. I received a phone call askingif I was interested in coming in for an interview about a week later.

Sales Associate Interview

The interview was quick and painless. The questions were pretty standard and basic. Very corporate interview and I was in and out in under 20 minutes. I believe other candidates were scheduled after me and they were trying to interview as many people as possible.

Interview Questions
    • Asked if I were able to lift 50 lb items   View Answer
    • Asked if I had experience with customer service.   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kmart.

they called I showed up and they gave me the job without questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rexburg, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rexburg, ID

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Kmart in April 2013.

I filled out an application online, called the store, requested to speak to the manager, informed him that I had applied an that I wanted to meet for an interview. Scheduled an interview, and was hired at the end of the interview

Interview Questions
    • "Sell me a TV" Unexpected as this is not a sales or commission based role, it's simply labor   View Answer
    No negotiation, take minimum wage, or move on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Babylon, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Babylon, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Kmart in March 2012.

Mandatory application must be completed online with a multitude of "ridiculous" questions that, in my opinion, do nothing to validate the worth or work ethics of an individual. After a lot of time, I was called several days later to come in and meet HR. I was hired immediately.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult question. There were "stupid" questions during the online application. But the face-to-face meeting was quick and direct.   Answer Question
    No negotiations. I was offered job with no options.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Yankton, SD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yankton, SD

I interviewed online - interviewed at Kmart in June 2009.

Applied online. Don't remember how long it took, but it couldn't have been too long to hear back from them. Called in for an interview. Answered basic questions about customer service, attendance, etc. Nothing unexpected. Just normal interview questions. After hiring, told to watch hours of training videos, which were on VHS.

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't any difficult questions. Just the basic interview questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Only a part time job.

Sales Associate Interview

The first Human Resources Manager was awesome. This was over 9 years ago so there's no way I would remember. She hired me on the spot after I told her I had 7 years of retail experience and had a 2 year college degree. I worked in 4 different departments and enjoyed it almost until the end.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were simple and direct, nothing to throw you off.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview was brief and involved HR manager and assistant store manager
    Questions were very basic
    Got hired on the spot

Worked for Kmart? Contribute to the Community!