Kmart Sales Associate Interview Questions

1.7

35 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kmart in July 2014.

Initial Communication was confusing, gave the wrong location for kmart when applying at multiple locations. Waited an hour for them to get to me only to tell me that they had given me the wrong location. They had staff that was sick and puking in the waiting room instead of sending home.

Other Interview Reviews for Kmart

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kmart.

I filled out the job application online at the kmart website. I received a phone call askingif I was interested in coming in for an interview about a week later.

Sales Associate Interview

The interview was quick and painless. The questions were pretty standard and basic. Very corporate interview and I was in and out in under 20 minutes. I believe other candidates were scheduled after me and they were trying to interview as many people as possible.

Interview Questions
    • Asked if I were able to lift 50 lb items   View Answer
    • Asked if I had experience with customer service.   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kmart.

they called I showed up and they gave me the job without questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kmart in August 2013.

I did their application online, it was pretty long-winded so I was glad that they called me for an interview a couple days later. I was interviewed first by the HR manager who discussed my availability, pay, how the Sears Holdings website worked, etc. Then I was interviewed by another manager who asked me some "Name a time when..." questions. They hired me on the spot. There were signs about drug testing in the office but I was never drug tested for some reason.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when a customer was angry and how did you handle it? I never had any retail experience at that point so I just gave an example of a group project in college when my partner was upset about something that had happened with the project.   Answer Question
    Not really, I was pretty open to everything they threw at me. I was available MWF and weekends, which was good enough for the part time hours.

Sales Associate Interview

The first Human Resources Manager was awesome. This was over 9 years ago so there's no way I would remember. She hired me on the spot after I told her I had 7 years of retail experience and had a 2 year college degree. I worked in 4 different departments and enjoyed it almost until the end.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were simple and direct, nothing to throw you off.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview was brief and involved HR manager and assistant store manager
    Questions were very basic
    Got hired on the spot

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rexburg, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rexburg, ID

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kmart in April 2013.

I filled out an application online, called the store, requested to speak to the manager, informed him that I had applied an that I wanted to meet for an interview. Scheduled an interview, and was hired at the end of the interview

Interview Questions
    • "Sell me a TV" Unexpected as this is not a sales or commission based role, it's simply labor   View Answer
    No negotiation, take minimum wage, or move on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Long Branch, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Long Branch, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Kmart in February 2013.

on line and get interview interview get hired

other job offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kmart in November 2012.

filled out app. online just go to their site hit careers and search jobs with them in your area. apply take the assesment if you pass a screen should come up for you to schedule a interview.
    I went in for my interview it was on time and fairly easy. Just basic question. 1st you talk to the hiring manager and if the store manager is in and she/he liked you the next interview is with store manager. the hiring manager asked about 6 questions and the store manager only asked about 3 and just went into depth on everything. After that she set up orientation I go in tomorrow for that

Interview Questions
    • nothing hard really hardest one wouldve been whats a situation that was hard to overcome in your previous work   Answer Question
    no negotiating but they start off a 1.00 over min. wage here in st.louis which is 8.25