Knight Foundation Interview Questions

3.2

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Knight Foundation.

I was contacted by a recruiter that kept contacting me for almost 2 months. She was condescending, curt, and disinterested by her tone, words, and way she spoke to me, but she kept contacting. I was turned off by how hostile the recruiter seemed on the different occasions I spoke with her. I was also surprised that such a negative and rude recruiter would work for an organization like the Knight Foundation. If her attitude is any indication of what the environment is like at Knight Foundation, I am not interested in working there.

Interview Questions
    • The recruiter asked me about a topic that was not included in the position description she shared with me. She even asked me how I could think I could do the job without experience in that one area. I thought this was quite rude and inappropriate, since it was not in the position description and she was initiating the continued contact with me. I discontinued the contact with her at this point.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

First got contacted to do an interview over the phone with a recruiter. The recruiter asked standard questions regarding interests, why I wanted to work for Knight Foundation, past experiences, school, etc. Then I had a skype interview with an HR person and the person I would be working under. This was also relatively no-stress, they described the project I would be working on, whether I was comfortable with what they were describing, relevant experience.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected or difficult questions posed, the questions were all well within the range of what could be expected at an interview.   Answer Question

Operations Management Itern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Knight Foundation in May 2013.

Overall understanding of previous experiences and how your skill set can contribute to the foundation.

Interview Questions
    A screening of past references and drug tests.

Media Innovation Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Knight Foundation in November 2011.

I was contacted by a recruiter who told me she wanted me to think about the job and come up with some questions about the position and we would then schedule a follow up phone interview. I was already familiar with what they were doing do this wasnt too difficult. The recruiter and I had the second phone interview about a week later at which point she said the knight foundation vp would like to interview me but that. E suse he was traveling it would be at least a month before we could talk. She explained that they were keen to talk to me so if I had other opportunities they would escalate the interview date, so we did. From there the HR person at the knight foundation took over the logistics of setting up the interview. Things became difficult from there as she took at least two weeks to respond to my email and ended up setting a skype interview for the wrong time zone which meant the interview had to be rescheduled another 2-3 weeks later. Just the process of setti g up the technicalities of talking via Skype was cumbersome and not handled well. Eventually the interview happened with the VP and the HR person but they logged in and tried to start the call ten minutes early and I wasn't there yet. By the time I logged in they already seemed impatient and bored even though I was on time. In truth I was over prepared and white excited to talk with them about what they were worki g on and how I could contribute but all they did was tell me what the knight foundation is - more of the same stuff you can read on their website plus the recruiter had already screened me with the same questions snd info. They didn't have my resume with them and it seemed they hadn't reviewed it before our interview. In general it was just weird because they jst didn't seem interested to have a conversation and didn't really ask me anything pertinent. They also asked me talk about a project even though they didn't ask gor a portfolio and the Vp said the project and client seemed kind of boring! When I asked them why they were tsku g do Li g to hire someone since the position had been listed for over six months they said they weren't sure what they were looking for. Eventually they told me they wanted me to interview with the director in Chicago for the next stage. I contacted him within a few days and didn't hear anything for several weeks. He kept saying my emails were ending up in his spam.... We scheduled an interview, the knight foundation cancelled it a few weeks later because the director had to travel... They said they would contact me but didn't and then I saw they were interviewing a friend of mine. I reached out to them to let them know of my interest and eventually heard back from them weeks later and met the director for coffee. He was pleasant smart and Interseting but we didn't even talk about the job and I have ever heard from them again! So all in all they just seemed ready unorganized, unprofessional and I can't even tell if they really want to hire someone or just collect cool ideas from people!

Interview Questions
    • So, what do you know about the knight foundation and how did you learn about us?   Answer Question

Arts Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Knight Foundation in March 2011.

The Knight Foundation outsourced the initial resume review to an external recruiter. I was called on a Saturday afternoon and arranged a phone interview the following Monday. The phone interview lasted approximately 1 1/2 hours and consisted of intense behavioral and career questions. The recruiter asked the questions and took notes, repeating answers back to me in a monotone voice. The recruiter did not explain any details about the position, simply asking questions to screen out candidates. I found this unnerving and less than desirable for a mission-bound non-profit organization. I did not receive any follow up after the interview but the recruiter did explain the process: she sends list of recommended candidates to Knight Foundation (a large pool), KF selects some to phone interview, 2 or 3 invited for in-person interviews to include an application and narrative. Overall, this was a professional but seemingly heartless interview experience.