Knight Frank India

www.knightfrank.com

Knight Frank India Interview Questions

2.6

Facility Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Knight Frank India.

first round will be GD followed by interview by the recruitment team at the college campus and after they will call you at their office for the final interview. my GD was at the topic that does age matter in politics? and after that n interview they will ask technical as well as personal questions.

Interview Questions
    • what will you do if your client comes and shouts at you without your fault?   Answer Question

Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Knight Frank India in September 2011.

There were 3 rounds. you just need to be thorough with your knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • how would you negotiate with both lessor and lessee to strike a deal?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Knight Frank India in July 2009.

The process began with a presentation of the company being given. This was followed by an aptitude test (30min), Group discussion (30min) and subjective technical test(15min) on Day 1. there were around 15 candidates on day 1. After considering Day 1 results on an average, 3 of the candidates were called on DAy 2. On day 2, we had a psychometric test(10min) followed by a personal interview(10min). Finally, only 1 candidate was selected. On seeking feedback, we got to know that they were looking for complete freshers.
    Academic records were also considered important. A lot of emphasis was given on theoretical knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were based on psychometric test/ more situational   View Answer

Assistant Manager - Consultancy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Knight Frank India in September 2008.

I interviewed with Mr. Gulam Zia, his Advisory Services National Head. The Advisory division at Knight Frank includes the Research, Consulting and Valuation departments. When I walked in to Mr. Zia’s office, he was shouting on the phone. As I learnt during the course of the conversation, he was shouting at someone from a large bank, a company which is a client of Knight Frank. I did not know whether to be aghast or amused at the fact that he was telling off a client for taking too long to reach a decision on whether to give Knight Frank business or not.

He kept the phone and said, “You can imagine how good business is for me to be able to shout at one of our biggest clients like that!” I just grinned nervously. Then he said, “Tell me, have you ever traveled by local train in your life?” I did not expect that to be my opening interview question. I was thinking up an answer to reply to “Tell me more about yourself” or something to that effect. I said that I had traveled by local train, as everyone in Bombay has. He then said, “The reason I ask is because every month Mr. Vakil sends spoilt brats of his big shot friends to work here. Are you a spoilt brat?” I said, “No, sir.” He continued. “They are all blue blooded princes who just come here to have a ball and not do any work. Are you a blue blooded prince?” I said again, “No, sir.” Then he said, “They go away in two months, and leave us the hassle of training a new person all over again. Are you going to run away in two months?” By now, I was losing my patience. I had not come here to be judged right off the bat. I kept my cool and replied, No, sir. I am looking to work with Knight Frank for a couple of years, maybe three.” He replied in a mocking tone, “How do I know you won’t stay for two years and instead run away in two months?” I lost it. I snapped back, “How do I know you won’t make me sweep the floor once I start working here?” He backed off and said, “Look, I don’t mean to be rude, but I am skeptical of you dedication because of the channel you come through. The kids who usually come through Mr. Vakil are usually the spoilt brats. But I must say I am not yet convinced of your dedication.” I replied, “I don’t know how I can prove my dedication, but some more information on the job profile would be helpful.” He asked me some questions on my background and my short- and long-term goals. Then he asked, “You said you have a BBA in Marketing and you want to do an MBA in Finance. Where does this real estate job fit in?” To which I replied, I did Marketing as a start to a full set of skills which will be completed with my MBA in Finance. But I don’t want to do a job in Marketing. I would love a Finance job, but I won’t get one because I am not qualified. So it doesn’t really matter what I do in the middle of the two degrees. Besides, real estate, like mutual funds or equities, is an asset. At the end of the day, I am learning asset management.” A small smile appeared on his face. Then he said, “I will ask you one last question, and it will decide whether I want to hire you or not. When can you start?” To which I impulsively replied, “It is 5.15pm. There are 45 minutes left in the day. I’ll work for those 45 minutes if you would like me to.”

He smiled and said, “You will start Monday. Welcome aboard.”

Estate Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Knight Frank India in May 2008.

there was a employee referral and initially i was interviewed in phone and later group / panel interview. i was asked about how much emoluments I expect for that I replied that i would like to be paid for the job i had been offered. the interviewing team offered me the emolument which I felt was right at that time and accepted the offer.

Interview Questions
    • You being an army officer with 36 years of experience do you feel that you can take on facility management for a corporate giant?   View Answer
    I feel that one should have in their mind how much they are worth and how much the job involves to come to a right decision. If it comes to your expectation then you should accept the offer