Knight Transportation Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

2.3

Logistics Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Knight Transportation (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

Hired day of after 15 minute interview. Panel interview with "Director of Sales" and two other people I didn't even end up working under. It was really easy, they were more interested in which accounts I worked with rather than what skills I brought to the table. The commission and bonus structure was very vague and the PTO plan was not described at all.

Truck Broker Interview

Interview

I originally had to take a test on a site they sent me to. It covered math concepts and was pretty easy. I also had two separate interviews. One with HR and one with the manager of the brokerage department. Overall, they were very nice and easy to interview with.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question I had was about what my biggest weakness was. Tough to answer because you don't want to make yourself look bad in an interview.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lebanon, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Knight Transportation (Lebanon, TN) in March 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by a senior level recruiter. It was not long and was a review of my professional background. She told me about the company's environment and asked if I was comfortable working in a male-dominated environment. The interview consisted of typical interview questions, like "where do you see yourself in 5 years" and "why do you want to work for us?"

Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Knight Transportation (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2014.

Interview

Get your class A and have a clean driving and criminal record and your hired. You will go out with a trainer for 4 weeks then be on your own.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy. If you qualify you will be hired.

Brokerage Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Knight Transportation (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2013.

Interview

Manager was easy to get a hold of. He e-mailed and called me immediately.

Biller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Knight Transportation (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2013.

Interview

First they called me for a phone interview. They asked about my former work experiance, Why I was looking for a new job, What attracted me to Knight. Then I was called for a face to face interview. Basicly the same questions. Then I had to pass the drug test. They do a HAIR TEST! so they cut a chunk of my hair from my head! That kind of sucked.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate one more dollar than they offered me.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Knight Transportation (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2013.

Interview

I found the job on craigslist, and heard back about my resume two days after I sent it. First, I did a phone interview. After that, I had a face to face interview with the terminal manager, met the girl I would be replacing, and sat with a driver manager and recruiter to "job shadow."

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were typical interview questions. Laid back   Answer Question

Driver Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Knight Transportation (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2013.

Interview

Phone interview and in person interview

Negotiation

Ask for the most you can get because they will work you till you don't enjoy it anymore.

OTR Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Knight Transportation (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2012.

Interview

I think they were very professional and courteous. Very thorough too. They did a good job of dotting the I's and crossing the T's. Seem to be lacking on getting you signed up for health insurance before you hit the road

Interview Questions

• They had a really good test on the FMCSA. Some random questions to see if you could make sense of it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pretty cut and dried.

Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Knight Transportation (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2012.

Interview

Initial contact was via the internet. Then through telephone contact. Initial information was not consistent and I spent time doing unnecessary activities. Once Knight and I were on the same page the process was fairly fluid and quick. Depending on the area you want to work there are different requirements. Do not assume the person you are speaking with know who you are or where you plan to work. Make sure you remind them where you want to work and what type of driving you want to do.

Interview Questions

• Knight does not seem to be too picky about who they hire. Be prepared to discuss you recent OTR experience, work history and recent driving history.   Answer Question