Knight Transportation Interview Questions

2.4

National Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  El Paso, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Knight Transportation in September 2012.

They go thru peoples' resume, ask for experience and situational questions. Most important qualification is experience in customer service. The office environment looks mostly business casual. Usually people will get interview by 3 or more people same day. First it will be the team leader, then someone from Management (Division/ Senior), then will be a VP of the department they are hiring for.

The company offers a little more of what's on the market for each position, you can inflate your salary and they may be able to equal it or raise it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Knight Transportation in June 2013.

I found the job on craigslist, and heard back about my resume two days after I sent it. First, I did a phone interview. After that, I had a face to face interview with the terminal manager, met the girl I would be replacing, and sat with a driver manager and recruiter to "job shadow."

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were typical interview questions. Laid back   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lebanon, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, TN

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Knight Transportation in March 2014.

I was interviewed by a senior level recruiter. It was not long and was a review of my professional background. She told me about the company's environment and asked if I was comfortable working in a male-dominated environment. The interview consisted of typical interview questions, like "where do you see yourself in 5 years" and "why do you want to work for us?"

Brokerage Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Knight Transportation in November 2013.

Manager was easy to get a hold of. He e-mailed and called me immediately.

OTR Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Knight Transportation in November 2012.

I think they were very professional and courteous. Very thorough too. They did a good job of dotting the I's and crossing the T's. Seem to be lacking on getting you signed up for health insurance before you hit the road

Interview Questions
    • They had a really good test on the FMCSA. Some random questions to see if you could make sense of it.   View Answer
    Pretty cut and dried.

Driver Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Knight Transportation in January 2013.

Phone interview and in person interview

Ask for the most you can get because they will work you till you don't enjoy it anymore.

Market Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Knight Transportation in July 2012.

Received phone call, scheduled and attended interview. Conducted by Service Center Manager and Driver Development Manager. They represented the company very well.

Interview Questions
    • Asked if I would be open to moving to Phoenix in the next 5 years.   View Answer
    Wouldn't state how much the job paid. Asked me to come up with a number then immediately tried to lower it. This is a Mormon company they tithe 10% of their money and hold onto the other 90% with a death grip.

Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Knight Transportation in October 2012.

Initial contact was via the internet. Then through telephone contact. Initial information was not consistent and I spent time doing unnecessary activities. Once Knight and I were on the same page the process was fairly fluid and quick. Depending on the area you want to work there are different requirements. Do not assume the person you are speaking with know who you are or where you plan to work. Make sure you remind them where you want to work and what type of driving you want to do.

Interview Questions
    • Knight does not seem to be too picky about who they hire. Be prepared to discuss you recent OTR experience, work history and recent driving history.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Knight Transportation in April 2012.

Was first contacted by a corporate recruiter and set up a phone interview. The recruiter called me at the time we set up on the dot. The interview lasted thirty minutes and was very informative and casual. She was very easy to speak with and seemed interested in what I had to talk about. I was invited in for an in person interview the following day with her and the hiring manager. The interview was great. The hiring manager allowed me to do most of the talking and directed the interview. It seemed like a great company to work for and had a great office environment. It seemed like they both really enjoyed working for the company. I am waiting to hear back from them.

Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Knight Transportation in February 2011.

Very brief. Seemed willing to hire anyone with a class a cdl.

No negotiations.

Worked for Knight Transportation? Contribute to the Community!