Knights of Columbus

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bridgewater, NJ

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Knights of Columbus in November 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process stressed that a field agent needed to be able to handle rejection and walk into the office every day feeling as if they were unemployed. You will be asked to do a drug test and personality test which will determine if you are a good fit for a commission-only job. Expect to have 4-5 interview meetings before coming on-board. Also, you will need to obtain your insurance producer license before being hired, which in NJ requires you to also take a course either in person or online.

Interview Question – How do you feel about coming into work each day and feeling unemployed?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation due to set

Contractor Interview

Contractor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Knights of Columbus.

Interview Details – Applied online, had 2 phone interviews and in person interview

Interview Question – can't think of anything. Typical questions like strengths, weaknesses, experience   Answer Question

Field Agent

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Knights of Columbus.

Interview Details – GA will interview you and your wife, but you must pass a personality test first.

Interview Question – How do you feel about night work?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Saginaw, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Knights of Columbus in August 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online thru their agency contact method. I was called the next day by the General Agent who explained that I had to take a personality test. It was sent in e-mail the same day. The test asked about my commission sales experience, employment background, a few math questions and personality questions. Once passing the test, I was asked to come in for an interview at the General Agent's office. The third interview was with my wife . It basically consisted of informing my wife about the position and asking her questions. I was never told that I was hired in officially. I was required to become a 1st degree Knight in The Knights of Columbus before being contracted by the company. So the fourth interview could of been considered becoming a Knight. I was happy to join the order and had a pleasant experience with that.

Interview Questions

• A long personality test with many questions, a background check which consisted of writing a letter about my credit and any driving tickets.   View Answer
  • Are you an active member of a Catholic church and do you object with involving yourself with the church?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I declined the offer after witnessing some terrible UN-ethical, UN-moral, and destructive behavior by the General Agent in the office and in an internal meeting with his field agents. I feel that this GA was not acting in the organizations best interest. I could not take the offer for employment, move my family and endure the abuse simply because the company was positive.

I also was asked to come in several times after our official interviews to become familiar with their computer lead system and office. The times I came in, no training was done and only a 2-3 hour meeting took place in which the GA talked mostly. I was not compensated for any additional trips beyond my first three official interviews. I was asked to do about $100.00 in mailing before I was officially hired which I would have to pay the costs without reimbursement.

Health insurance was also not offered unless you opted to pay the entire premium for it which around $800.00 per month for my family of five. Commissions are used to pay off your draw so I suspect it would be hard to get out of that income hole created if you don't do well or don't stay very long with the company. A laptop is provided for field work with a $35.00 per month rental, office space is also rented to you if live near the GA and you must pay all mailing costs. I found out from other agents that the office cost range depending on who you are. They do offer you a 18% expense kick back in your paycheck.

Madison, WI

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Knights of Columbus in June 2009.

Interview Details – You meet with a general agent who describes the job. There is an interview with your wife as well and an assesment to see if you have they traits that suggest the job is a good fit.

Negotiation Details – There is not much to negotiate since you are 100% commission.

Director Interview

Director

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Knights of Columbus in April 2010.

Interview Details – Be prepared as you will interview with 5 people.

Interview Questions

Worked for Knights of Columbus? Contribute to the Community!