Knights of Columbus

Updated Oct 23, 2014

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Knights of Columbus

Contractor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Knights of Columbus.

Applied online, had 2 phone interviews and in person interview

Interview Questions
    • can't think of anything. Typical questions like strengths, weaknesses, experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Knights of Columbus in November 2013.

Interview process stressed that a field agent needed to be able to handle rejection and walk into the office every day feeling as if they were unemployed. You will be asked to do a drug test and personality test which will determine if you are a good fit for a commission-only job. Expect to have 4-5 interview meetings before coming on-board. Also, you will need to obtain your insurance producer license before being hired, which in NJ requires you to also take a course either in person or online.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about coming into work each day and feeling unemployed?   Answer Question
    No negotiation due to set

Field Agent Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Knights of Columbus.

GA will interview you and your wife, but you must pass a personality test first.

Fixed Income Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Knights of Columbus in June 2012.

Called by hiring manager, set up in-person interview. Consisted of 2 rounds, in between they make you do a company analysis for a credit worthyness write-up. The interview is in front of pretty much the entire team so be ready for that. You really have to know your accounting if you're going to go for this job. I took 2 years of accounting in college and they were asking about concepts i've never even heard of.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saginaw, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saginaw, MI

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Knights of Columbus in August 2011.

I applied online thru their agency contact method. I was called the next day by the General Agent who explained that I had to take a personality test. It was sent in e-mail the same day. The test asked about my commission sales experience, employment background, a few math questions and personality questions. Once passing the test, I was asked to come in for an interview at the General Agent's office. The third interview was with my wife . It basically consisted of informing my wife about the position and asking her questions. I was never told that I was hired in officially. I was required to become a 1st degree Knight in The Knights of Columbus before being contracted by the company. So the fourth interview could of been considered becoming a Knight. I was happy to join the order and had a pleasant experience with that.

Interview Questions
    • A long personality test with many questions, a background check which consisted of writing a letter about my credit and any driving tickets.   View Answer
    • Are you an active member of a Catholic church and do you object with involving yourself with the church?   View Answer

I declined the offer after witnessing some terrible UN-ethical, UN-moral, and destructive behavior by the General Agent in the office and in an internal meeting with his field agents. I feel that this GA was not acting in the organizations best interest. I could not take the offer for employment, move my family and endure the abuse simply because the company was positive.

I also was asked to come in several times after our official interviews to become familiar with their computer lead system and office. The times I came in, no training was done and only a 2-3 hour meeting took place in which the GA talked mostly. I was not compensated for any additional trips beyond my first three official interviews. I was asked to do about $100.00 in mailing before I was officially hired which I would have to pay the costs without reimbursement.

Health insurance was also not offered unless you opted to pay the entire premium for it which around $800.00 per month for my family of five. Commissions are used to pay off your draw so I suspect it would be hard to get out of that income hole created if you don't do well or don't stay very long with the company. A laptop is provided for field work with a $35.00 per month rental, office space is also rented to you if live near the GA and you must pay all mailing costs. I found out from other agents that the office cost range depending on who you are. They do offer you a 18% expense kick back in your paycheck.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Knights of Columbus in June 2009.

You meet with a general agent who describes the job. There is an interview with your wife as well and an assesment to see if you have they traits that suggest the job is a good fit.

There is not much to negotiate since you are 100% commission.

Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Knights of Columbus in April 2010.

Be prepared as you will interview with 5 people.