Knoll

Updated Oct 27, 2014

2.8

Sales Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Greenville, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Knoll in September 2014.

I was contacted by a head hunter about a Sales Operations Analyst role with Knoll. She had been recruiting for the position for less than 2 weeks at the time. I had an hour long phone interview with her, which led to an onsite interview with the head of HR and a sales operations team member. Later that same day, the team expressed an interest in me to the head hunter and mentioned that they had another role they would like me to consider. A couple of weeks later, I met with the SVP of sales in a local coffee shop, who informed me of another, newly-created position that Knoll designed after our initial conversations. I enjoyed my conversation with the SVP very much and although there was no formal job description developed at this time, there was mutual interest in proceeding with the interview process. The next step involved me meeting with another member of the sales team in Knoll's East Greenville, PA headquarter location, where I was given a tour of the facility and had the opportunity to see where my office would be. About 2 weeks later, I received an offer.
    Overall, my experience was very positive.

Interview Questions
    • Those I interviewed with seemed more interested in me than knowing every detail of my background and experience. There was a strong emphasis on who I was as a person and where I saw myself in the future.   Answer Question
    I discussed, in great length, my desired compensation package with the recruiter and that I was in the late stages of the interview process with another company. The recruiter did a phenomenal job relaying my desires to the company and Knoll came through with a decent offer and the caveat that it was non-negotiable. Fortunately for me, the offer was strong and I accepted within a few days.

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Knoll in March 2013.

They went through a head hunter and then to the hiring manager. He was pretty clueless and I'm not sure he had much if any experience in the hiring process. Not surprised since the department was extremely small with little to no support.

Interview Questions
    limited...was a decent salary and bonus potential.

Production Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Greenville, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Knoll in November 2012.

1st, I had a 20 minute phone interview. At the end of the phone interview I was scheduled for an on-site interview. I was told to set aside two hours for the interview. HR emailed an agenda with who I would meet with and the times I would meet with them. I first met with an HR rep who walked me to another building and mini interviewed me. When we reached the building I met with the department manager. We spent about 1 1/2 hours talking. He fully explained the job & what was expected of me, he asked me questions such as, "What would you do if the sales team gives a customer a delivery date that we know we can't meet due to workload or piece lead time?" Being I have done this job before & experienced this situation many times I knew the answer. We also just chit-chatted for a while, kind of getting to know one another. I felt very comfortable. After he & I were done I met with the HR rep again for about 30 minutes or so. The basic questions were asked like, "What is something you have done to improve a project you have worked on?" They were all behavioral question. After that the HR rep walked me back to my car & mini interviewed me some more asking questions such as, "Are you interviewing with other companies?" Then that was it, so far. Still waiting to hear back. I felt very comfortable during the interview process. I had never had a two hour interview and was somewhat stressed in anticipation of the event but once there I didn't even realize two hours had passed. It went quickly.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if the sales team gives a customer a delivery date that we know we can't meet due to workload or piece lead time   Answer Question

Mechanical Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ban Phone Savang (Laos)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ban Phone Savang (Laos)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Knoll in February 2014.

Phone interview, even though I live 20 minutes from the facility. Hiring was very fast and very smooth. I had a friend working there and our skill level was nearly identical. He was thriving, I thought I would be too.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know Pro/Engineer? Yes; Family tables? Yes; Windchill? No. That's okay we can train you;
      When can you start? Monday, what time would u like me there? 8am.

Answer Question
    That was handled with the job shop. It was a contract position. Funny thing, I was answering "how-to" questions from the other "new" contractors and was happy to answer them, even when I found out I was the lowest paid. The shop corrected that after 1 phone call.