Knoll Interview Questions

2.7

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Knoll in March 2013.

They went through a head hunter and then to the hiring manager. He was pretty clueless and I'm not sure he had much if any experience in the hiring process. Not surprised since the department was extremely small with little to no support.

Interview Questions
    limited...was a decent salary and bonus potential.

Production Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Greenville, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Greenville, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Knoll in November 2012.

1st, I had a 20 minute phone interview. At the end of the phone interview I was scheduled for an on-site interview. I was told to set aside two hours for the interview. HR emailed an agenda with who I would meet with and the times I would meet with them. I first met with an HR rep who walked me to another building and mini interviewed me. When we reached the building I met with the department manager. We spent about 1 1/2 hours talking. He fully explained the job & what was expected of me, he asked me questions such as, "What would you do if the sales team gives a customer a delivery date that we know we can't meet due to workload or piece lead time?" Being I have done this job before & experienced this situation many times I knew the answer. We also just chit-chatted for a while, kind of getting to know one another. I felt very comfortable. After he & I were done I met with the HR rep again for about 30 minutes or so. The basic questions were asked like, "What is something you have done to improve a project you have worked on?" They were all behavioral question. After that the HR rep walked me back to my car & mini interviewed me some more asking questions such as, "Are you interviewing with other companies?" Then that was it, so far. Still waiting to hear back. I felt very comfortable during the interview process. I had never had a two hour interview and was somewhat stressed in anticipation of the event but once there I didn't even realize two hours had passed. It went quickly.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if the sales team gives a customer a delivery date that we know we can't meet due to workload or piece lead time   Answer Question

Mechanical Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ban Phone Savang (Laos)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ban Phone Savang (Laos)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Knoll in February 2014.

Phone interview, even though I live 20 minutes from the facility. Hiring was very fast and very smooth. I had a friend working there and our skill level was nearly identical. He was thriving, I thought I would be too.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know Pro/Engineer? Yes; Family tables? Yes; Windchill? No. That's okay we can train you;
      When can you start? Monday, what time would u like me there? 8am.
        Answer Question
    That was handled with the job shop. It was a contract position. Funny thing, I was answering "how-to" questions from the other "new" contractors and was happy to answer them, even when I found out I was the lowest paid. The shop corrected that after 1 phone call.