Knowland Group

Updated Oct 20, 2014
Updated Oct 20, 2014

3.6

Account Management Interview

Hiring process takes a while to ensure they are hiring well qualified people with a good work ethic. There are various interviews with HR as well as a writing assignment and fake "demo" to see your selling skills.

Community Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Knowland Group.

Management was very thoughtful, transparent and thorough in the interview process, which I appreciated; the role I was applying for was brand new so obviously having the wrinkles ironed out was critical. I had four interviews over the course of three months -- all went great -- and had follow up conversations with the recruiter which were all great -- then I heard NOTHING. No calls to my references. No courtesy note to say they went with other candidate. No response to my follow up emails. Ultimately a super disappointing and unprofessional ending that was just in bad taste. Speaks volumes of a company, if you ask me.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, per se, but I was given two test assignments with little direction or insight into their platforms.   Answer Question

Employee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Knowland Group.

Went through 2 interviews. Phone interview and in person interview. Good process. Human Resources completed the phone interview. Very pleasant on the phone. Made me feel very comfortable. Two in person interviews. No complaints on the interviewing process.

none

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Knowland Group in November 2013.

Very thorough screening and interview process. The company has several interview steps including phone screen, web demo, sales coaching sessions.

Interview Questions
    • The company asks you to conduct a web based sales demo. After I completed the demo I was invited to meet the sales director. He gave me a coaching session on how I conducted the demo. He really knew what he was looking for. He gave me some solid suggestions and asked me to redo the demo for him while at the office. The company is very selective, you quickly find out that the company will go through dozens of candidates before extending an offer.   Answer Question
    I like the offer process. The company made me a very solid offer and also outlined what to expect during my first year.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salisbury, MD

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Knowland Group in March 2013.

Initial interview with a member of the HR Team, writing and research assignment, role play of a telephone interview script with members of the Research Analyst team, in-person interview in Salisbury, MD.

Interview Questions
    • Research the last event that took place at a specific venue and report back on it. include information such as the date of the event, the purpose of the event, where it was held, how many people attended, who put the event together (who was the organizer), etc.   Answer Question
    No negotiation for the Research Analyst position - the position starts at $10.25/hour.

Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Knowland Group in March 2012.

Underwent 3 separate phone interviews, the final one being with the CEO. The first two interviews were with HR, and covered your basic personality, and past experience questions. The last interview consisted of having to call Mike McKean on the weekend, in which he peppered me with questions about my technical prowess, industry knowledge and was essentially gauging my comfort with being on such a high pressure call, with little to no possible preparation. The call lasted about 10 - 15 minutes and I was offered the job.

The entire process lasted approximately 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about my current knowledge of the specific details hoteliers in a Sales & Catering role need, and care about, when prospecting, selling to, and providing service for a group.   View Answer

Event Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salisbury, MD

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Knowland Group in March 2012.

only one interview iwth an out of state recruter thier hr office recruter.
    we talked about the company and how i knew them. I use to use their services at my former job.
    she ened with leting me know some one local will contact me.

Interview Questions
    • what was the largest event you planned   View Answer

Sales Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Knowland Group in May 2010.

very thorough process-writing assignment, telephone interview, virtual demo, in person interview. Very competitive process.

Interview Questions
    • standard interview questions, however make sure you are very prepared going into each step.   Answer Question
    no negotiation--competitive offer.

Any Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Knowland Group in February 2011.

Due to the varied locations, many phone interviews and then a panel interview. Call back was prompt and very detailed.

Interview Questions
    • How do you go about keeping up with current trends in technology?   Answer Question
    No negotiation available