Knowland Group

8 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Community Manager Interview

Community Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Knowland Group.

Interview Details – Management was very thoughtful, transparent and thorough in the interview process, which I appreciated; the role I was applying for was brand new so obviously having the wrinkles ironed out was critical. I had four interviews over the course of three months -- all went great -- and had follow up conversations with the recruiter which were all great -- then I heard NOTHING. No calls to my references. No courtesy note to say they went with other candidate. No response to my follow up emails. Ultimately a super disappointing and unprofessional ending that was just in bad taste. Speaks volumes of a company, if you ask me.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, per se, but I was given two test assignments with little direction or insight into their platforms.   Answer Question

Employee Interview

Employee

I applied online and interviewed at Knowland Group.

Interview Details – Went through 2 interviews. Phone interview and in person interview. Good process. Human Resources completed the phone interview. Very pleasant on the phone. Made me feel very comfortable. Two in person interviews. No complaints on the interviewing process.

Negotiation Details – none

Sales Interview

Sales
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Knowland Group in November 2013.

Interview Details – Very thorough screening and interview process. The company has several interview steps including phone screen, web demo, sales coaching sessions.

Interview Question – The company asks you to conduct a web based sales demo. After I completed the demo I was invited to meet the sales director. He gave me a coaching session on how I conducted the demo. He really knew what he was looking for. He gave me some solid suggestions and asked me to redo the demo for him while at the office. The company is very selective, you quickly find out that the company will go through dozens of candidates before extending an offer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I like the offer process. The company made me a very solid offer and also outlined what to expect during my first year.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Implementation Specialist Interview

Implementation Specialist
Washington, DC

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Knowland Group in March 2012.

Interview Details – Underwent 3 separate phone interviews, the final one being with the CEO. The first two interviews were with HR, and covered your basic personality, and past experience questions. The last interview consisted of having to call Mike McKean on the weekend, in which he peppered me with questions about my technical prowess, industry knowledge and was essentially gauging my comfort with being on such a high pressure call, with little to no possible preparation. The call lasted about 10 - 15 minutes and I was offered the job.

The entire process lasted approximately 2 weeks.

Interview Question – I was asked about my current knowledge of the specific details hoteliers in a Sales & Catering role need, and care about, when prospecting, selling to, and providing service for a group.   View Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst
Salisbury, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Knowland Group in March 2013.

Interview Details – Initial interview with a member of the HR Team, writing and research assignment, role play of a telephone interview script with members of the Research Analyst team, in-person interview in Salisbury, MD.

Interview Question – Research the last event that took place at a specific venue and report back on it. include information such as the date of the event, the purpose of the event, where it was held, how many people attended, who put the event together (who was the organizer), etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for the Research Analyst position - the position starts at $10.25/hour.

Very Difficult Interview

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Knowland Group in May 2010.

Interview Details – very thorough process-writing assignment, telephone interview, virtual demo, in person interview. Very competitive process.

Interview Question – standard interview questions, however make sure you are very prepared going into each step.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation--competitive offer.

Event Planner Interview

Event Planner
Salisbury, MD

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Knowland Group in March 2012.

Interview Details – only one interview iwth an out of state recruter thier hr office recruter.
we talked about the company and how i knew them. I use to use their services at my former job.
she ened with leting me know some one local will contact me.

Interview Question – what was the largest event you planned   View Answer

Any Interview

Any

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Knowland Group in February 2011.

Interview Details – Due to the varied locations, many phone interviews and then a panel interview. Call back was prompt and very detailed.

Interview Question – How do you go about keeping up with current trends in technology?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation available

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Knowland Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Knowland Group interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Knowland Group employees and interview candidates.