Knowledge Consulting Group Interview Questions & Reviews

4 interviews

IT Security/Firewall Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Knowledge Consulting Group.

Applied online. The first call was a phone screen with the recruiter and went over basic interests and skill sets. The second call was with the hiring manager which was somewhat technical and acted as a good review for the next round. We also went over the duties in more depth for the position

The third phone call was a conference call with 2 people from the client which was highly technical and scenario based.

No negotiation.

Information Systems Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Knowledge Consulting Group in February 2010.

The interview process started with telephone calls from a recruiter, then the HR department at KCG, which included salary discussions. Then a face-to-face interview with the Vice President was held to ensure compatibility with the ISSO position. Finally, a group interview with the client was required to prove I was right for their team.

Interview Questions
    • The group interview contained some very difficult technical questions, but the toughest was about how I would establish a security-conscious culture where there was none.   Answer Question

Information Security Consultant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Knowledge Consulting Group in April 2011.

Competent interviewers

Internship: Systems Administrator Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Knowledge Consulting Group in May 2012.

In my initial interactions with KCG, I was pleasantly surprised -- of course, as a rising college sophomore, I have had very few responses to my attempts at an IT internship for this summer; just a reply was more than I expected. However, the professional, friendly HR representative that coordinated with me was extremely helpful and seemed interested in my success.
    The atmosphere of the workplace, from my brief time inside their office, was professional but warm: the receptionist was out, but a passing employee let me in and chatted with me while I waited for my interview. In the actual interview, I was struck by how friendly the interviewer was. I admittedly do not have much experience in the way of interviews, and while I believe this wasn't too apparent, he was more than willing to fill in the pauses; I left the interview feeling as though, even if I didn't get an offer, I had learned something and was coming out of there a more experienced individual than I thought I was. For what it's worth, I felt as though I had been seriously considered, and welcome to apply for an internship again next year -- an opportunity I am certainly looking forward to!

Interview Questions

Worked for Knowledge Consulting Group? Contribute to the Community!