Knowledge Universe

Updated Aug 13, 2014
Updated Aug 13, 2014

2.5

District Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Knowledge Universe.

Long and drawn out. Had to force their hand as I was being courted by another company at the time, but wanted to consider an offer first. 3 interviews involving a recruiter, a mid-level manager and finally an RVP. Nothing out of the ordinary, but very long, drawn out and frustrating

Some flexibility. Negotiated a higher salary. Time off is also an option in some cases, but not in mine.

Site Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Knowledge Universe.

It was over the phone and was pretty easy. Just questions about what you would do in certain senarios. Then after the interview I was the asked to come into one of the sites.

Lead Teacher Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Knowledge Universe in June 2014.

They asked general questions as why I would like to work there? If I like kids... Why they had to hire me. They used many general questions. I had a phone interview, then a 1:1 interview. They offered me the job after the interview... In 2 weeks I was working.

Interview Questions
    try to increase you offer

Champions Site Director - Lake County Illinois Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurnee, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurnee, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Knowledge Universe.

Phone interviews and in-person interview. I applied back in November 2013 for Site Director position and had the initial phone interview which was very easy. Then I was asked for in-person interview. However, after my interviews, which I feel went very well, they said there are no openings available? Why go through all of that and get my SS card and other info only to let me down that there is no position. I believe they were just looking for a warm body to stick somewhere. By the way, they also require that they check your personal CREDIT RATING! Which is ridiculous to me, because my credit rating has nothing to do with my job performance.

I applied in October 2013, I also applied again for a different position at a different site for same position in April 2014. After the second phone interview, they called me back a few days later, but I did not return the call because they wanted to know if I could work a split shift.

I believe they are just fishing around to see if they can get someone to sub for them and they will toss you around at their locations. They seem to have a low turnover since I see them advertising for several months for the same positions over and over again.

Interview Questions

I refuse to work split shifts for such low pay which was about 30,000 a year for a Site Director position. I would have to report in at 6 am and work until about approx 9 am, then come back to work around 3:00 pm and work until 6:30 pm or so. NO THANKS. There are other companies doing the same thing that Champions does and they do not require me to do a split shift like that.

Lead Teacher Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Knowledge Universe.

Interview was a very casual sit down discussion.

Assistant Director of KinderCare Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Knowledge Universe.

The interview process was very basic. I applied online and heard back from someone the following week setting up an interview. It started with a phone interview from a corporate recruiter. The recruiter asked basic questions about past jobs, my resume, as well as the basic "tell me about yourself" questions. After the phone interview, I was asked to come in for a face to face interview with the manager of the center that was doing the hiring. She asked the same questions. It was more of a conversation then it was an interview.

Interview Questions
    • I found none of the questions to be difficult. They asked what made me interested in the position, what I knew about the company, why I wanted to work for the competitor of my current employer, etc.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Knowledge Universe.

This process is very long and communication was poor

Interview Questions
    • questions were all situational based questions such as tell me about a time when you had more to do then you had time to do it, tell me about a time when you had to gain someones trust quickly   View Answer
    non negotiable - set in stone

Senior Hris Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Knowledge Universe.

started with one hour phone interview by recruiter followed by 1st and 2nd level round of personal interviews by supervisor and their manager lasting approx 1 hr each

Interview Questions
    • company is in turnaround mode and changing quickly - how do you handle this type of situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Knowledge Universe.

Phone screen and 2 interviews.

Easy.

Site Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Knowledge Universe in January 2013.

Filling out the application online or on paper and returning it to the area manager. After the reference checks come back you will receive a call for an interview and the hiring process will continue from there.

Interview Questions
    • not really any difficult questions as long as you have experience with kids.   Answer Question
    no negotiation