Knowledge Universe Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 13, 2014
24 interviews

2.5

District Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Knowledge Universe.

Long and drawn out. Had to force their hand as I was being courted by another company at the time, but wanted to consider an offer first. 3 interviews involving a recruiter, a mid-level manager and finally an RVP. Nothing out of the ordinary, but very long, drawn out and frustrating

Some flexibility. Negotiated a higher salary. Time off is also an option in some cases, but not in mine.

Lead Teacher Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Knowledge Universe in June 2014.

They asked general questions as why I would like to work there? If I like kids... Why they had to hire me. They used many general questions. I had a phone interview, then a 1:1 interview. They offered me the job after the interview... In 2 weeks I was working.

Interview Questions
    try to increase you offer

Site Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Riverside, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Knowledge Universe.

It was over the phone and was pretty easy. Just questions about what you would do in certain senarios. Then after the interview I was the asked to come into one of the sites.

Champions Site Director - Lake County Illinois Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Gurnee, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Gurnee, IL

Phone interviews and in-person interview. I applied back in November 2013 for Site Director position and had the initial phone interview which was very easy. Then I was asked for in-person interview. However, after my interviews, which I feel went very well, they said there are no openings available? Why go through all of that and get my SS card and other info only to let me down that there is no position. I believe they were just looking for a warm body to stick somewhere. By the way, they also require that they check your personal CREDIT RATING! Which is ridiculous to me, because my credit rating has nothing to do with my job performance.

I applied in October 2013, I also applied again for a different position at a different site for same position in April 2014. After the second phone interview, they called me back a few days later, but I did not return the call because they wanted to know if I could work a split shift.

I believe they are just fishing around to see if they can get someone to sub for them and they will toss you around at their locations. They seem to have a low turnover since I see them advertising for several months for the same positions over and over again.

Interview Questions

I refuse to work split shifts for such low pay which was about 30,000 a year for a Site Director position. I would have to report in at 6 am and work until about approx 9 am, then come back to work around 3:00 pm and work until 6:30 pm or so. NO THANKS. There are other companies doing the same thing that Champions does and they do not require me to do a split shift like that.

Site Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Knowledge Universe in August 2010.

Submit application online and was called for interview 2 days later. Aced interview and offered job at end of week.

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North Brunswick, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Brunswick, NJ

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Knowledge Universe in March 2012.

The director puts an add on monster.com. and interviews a lot of teacher time permitting. sometimes the old teachers leave without giving enough notice then they are short staff. a lot of infant and toddler teachers are not well qualified. but in preschool and kindergarten they try to get certified teacher if possible but not necessary.

Interview Questions
    • If you love to work with the kids then why are you negotiating the salary?   View Answer

Lead Teacher Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Knowledge Universe.

Interview was a very casual sit down discussion.

Site Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Knowledge Universe in January 2013.

Filling out the application online or on paper and returning it to the area manager. After the reference checks come back you will receive a call for an interview and the hiring process will continue from there.

Interview Questions
    • not really any difficult questions as long as you have experience with kids.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Assistant Director of KinderCare Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Knowledge Universe.

The interview process was very basic. I applied online and heard back from someone the following week setting up an interview. It started with a phone interview from a corporate recruiter. The recruiter asked basic questions about past jobs, my resume, as well as the basic "tell me about yourself" questions. After the phone interview, I was asked to come in for a face to face interview with the manager of the center that was doing the hiring. She asked the same questions. It was more of a conversation then it was an interview.

Interview Questions
    • I found none of the questions to be difficult. They asked what made me interested in the position, what I knew about the company, why I wanted to work for the competitor of my current employer, etc.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Knowledge Universe.

This process is very long and communication was poor

Interview Questions
    • questions were all situational based questions such as tell me about a time when you had more to do then you had time to do it, tell me about a time when you had to gain someones trust quickly   View Answer
    non negotiable - set in stone

Worked for Knowledge Universe? Contribute to the Community!