Kobre & Kim

Updated Oct 21, 2014
Updated Oct 21, 2014

2.8

Legal Analyst Interview

I applied through my school's career services and was accepted for a first-round interview on campus. The interview was very straightforward, with two analysts asking me questions for thirty minutes. We walked through my resume and they asked about relevant work experience. There was one question about my writing sample. At the end, they asked a couple behavioral questions about how I worked on a team, how I handled failure, and how I would feel about defending disreputable corporate clients. Overall, a very friendly interview that would be manageable with some light preparation.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell me about an experience when you didn't get along with a coworker? How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Legal Analyst Interview

I was contacted at a school event. It was alright. They asked standard questions. I felt a bit uncomfortable by some of the jokes made in the interview. I realized the financial sector of law isn't my cup of tea.

Legal Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kobre & Kim.

I had a wonderful interview experience -- all parties were respectful and professional. None of the questions asked were unexpected. They seemed genuinely interested in better understanding my resume and my experiences. The interviewers were very willing to answer any questions, and got back to me about my application status within a week.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Kobre & Kim.

Serious lack of professionalism. Interviewers arrived late and the room smelled like some spicy subway sandwich. They were very awkward when they introduced themselves and just started asking random, vague, incoherent personal questions. I had already received an offer from another company, so since they did not take me seriously, I did not take them seriously either. Very disappointing, painful experience. Lost all the respect I had about this firm.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kobre & Kim in October 2013.

First round through college career center

Legal and Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kobre & Kim.

Was asked to interview only two days after submitted application on linkedin. The interview was just a thirty minutes with two other analysts. The questions were fairly basic behavioral or background questions, but the interviewers were not particularly engaging. They seemed more interested in stock answers than creative or original thinking. They also failed to give a very complete picture of their job. The reality, I think, is that this position is just a glorified paralegal job. Don't be fooled.

More importantly, I never heard any response or feedback from them. I found that to be rude and classless, and I know that I would not want to work for Kobre and Kim if it treats its prospective employees in such a disrespectful manner.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kobre & Kim.

30-minute phone interview with two analysts. Both seemed very friendly and asked about my background and why I was interested in the firm. I thought everything was going well, but a week later, they sent me an email indicating that they would proceed with other candidates. I'm not quite sure as to what I could have done wrong considering how the analysts seemed to be responsive and interactive. Overall, it was a good experience to hone my interviewing skills.

Financial & Legal Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kobre & Kim in February 2013.

Received email from office about acceptance for interview. Set up phone interview over email. Were clear and nice about the scheduling.
    Interviewers called at appointed time, began conversation. Were not too engaging. Seemed to guide you if your answer was not what they were looking for.
    Very focused questions. Quizzed you about everything on your resume. Would need more than the standard interview prep to ace this interview - will ask for 3 instances when you encountered a challenge working in a group instead of the usual 1 or 2.
    Did not share much about the process post-interview, which was a little sad. Ultimately, didn't get an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Resume specific question: How did you manage $20k+ event budget?
      *more unexpected than diffcult

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Kobre & Kim in January 2011.

two phone interviews (30 minutes each with 2 different analysts each time), and one super day interview which consisted of two 1-hour interviews with 2 analysts each and an attorney interview. It was definitely very misleading because the company was very nice and made it seem like they really wanted me but a week later, i received an email stating that they were unable to offer me a position. Overall, the people were nice, smart, and professional.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Kobre & Kim in June 2010.

Emphasized the importance of being punctual and was very polite. I could tell they were just trying to get through applicants.