Kobre & Kim

Getting the Interview

16 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kobre & Kim in October 2013.

Interview Details – First round through college career center

Interview Question – Nothing special   Answer Question

Legal Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kobre & Kim.

Interview Details – I had a wonderful interview experience -- all parties were respectful and professional. None of the questions asked were unexpected. They seemed genuinely interested in better understanding my resume and my experiences. The interviewers were very willing to answer any questions, and got back to me about my application status within a week.

Very Easy Interview

Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Kobre & Kim.

Interview Details – Serious lack of professionalism. Interviewers arrived late and the room smelled like some spicy subway sandwich. They were very awkward when they introduced themselves and just started asking random, vague, incoherent personal questions. I had already received an offer from another company, so since they did not take me seriously, I did not take them seriously either. Very disappointing, painful experience. Lost all the respect I had about this firm.

Interview Question – Describe your leadership style? (?)   Answer Question

Legal and Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Kobre & Kim.

Interview Details – Was asked to interview only two days after submitted application on linkedin. The interview was just a thirty minutes with two other analysts. The questions were fairly basic behavioral or background questions, but the interviewers were not particularly engaging. They seemed more interested in stock answers than creative or original thinking. They also failed to give a very complete picture of their job. The reality, I think, is that this position is just a glorified paralegal job. Don't be fooled.

More importantly, I never heard any response or feedback from them. I found that to be rude and classless, and I know that I would not want to work for Kobre and Kim if it treats its prospective employees in such a disrespectful manner.

Interview Question – Nothing particularly unexpected.   Answer Question

Financial & Legal Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Kobre & Kim in February 2013.

Interview Details – Received email from office about acceptance for interview. Set up phone interview over email. Were clear and nice about the scheduling.
Interviewers called at appointed time, began conversation. Were not too engaging. Seemed to guide you if your answer was not what they were looking for.
Very focused questions. Quizzed you about everything on your resume. Would need more than the standard interview prep to ace this interview - will ask for 3 instances when you encountered a challenge working in a group instead of the usual 1 or 2.
Did not share much about the process post-interview, which was a little sad. Ultimately, didn't get an offer.

Interview Question – Resume specific question: How did you manage $20k+ event budget?
*more unexpected than diffcult
  Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kobre & Kim.

Interview Details – 30-minute phone interview with two analysts. Both seemed very friendly and asked about my background and why I was interested in the firm. I thought everything was going well, but a week later, they sent me an email indicating that they would proceed with other candidates. I'm not quite sure as to what I could have done wrong considering how the analysts seemed to be responsive and interactive. Overall, it was a good experience to hone my interviewing skills.

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Kobre & Kim in January 2011.

Interview Details – two phone interviews (30 minutes each with 2 different analysts each time), and one super day interview which consisted of two 1-hour interviews with 2 analysts each and an attorney interview. It was definitely very misleading because the company was very nice and made it seem like they really wanted me but a week later, i received an email stating that they were unable to offer me a position. Overall, the people were nice, smart, and professional.

Interview Questions

Receptionist Interview

New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Kobre & Kim in June 2010.

Interview Details – Emphasized the importance of being punctual and was very polite. I could tell they were just trying to get through applicants.

Interview Questions

New York, NY

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kobre & Kim in October 2009.

Interview Details – Multiple level interviews with two people in each round. Super day consisted of 2 1 hour interviews as well as an attorney interview. Focus on analytical abilities and fit.

Interview Question – Why did you apply to this job/firm?   Answer Question

Office Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kobre & Kim.

Interview Details – Submitted my employment request online and I was contacted indirectly by the company. I sat a two different interviews with HR, Operations Management, and with one of the Partners. i felt comfortable and and fell in love with the atmosphere of the office. The people was very nice and easy to speak with.

Interview Question – All questions that were asked were just about expected because I do not go into an interview believing I know what will happen. I was thought to think on my feet and that skill allowed me to answer all questions with intelligent answers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was given a contract to read over and given time to do so. I was able to ask as many questions and was needed and change a few things on the contract and was then able to sign and move on. When submitting for the job I was asked questions in regards to salary so the contract was made with those expectations in mind.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kobre & Kim

Worked for Kobre & Kim? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kobre & Kim interview questions and advice. All 16 interview reviews posted anonymously by Kobre & Kim employees and interview candidates.