Kobre & Kim Legal Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 7, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kobre & Kim (New York, NY).

Interview

I was quickly contacted for an interview on campus after I applied. Following this, I was asked to select the regional office I was more interested in (DC or NY) and then invited for a series of interviews and lunch. Everyone was friendly and open about their experiences with the firm.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe my independent research at my university and to "teach them" about one subject.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kobre & Kim

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kobre & Kim (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied through my school's campus recruiting. They scheduled an interview very quickly, and then brought me to the New York office for a second interview a few weeks later. Both interviews were conducted entirely by other analysts, which I found a little surprising, but not unpleasantly so! Everyone I met was very sharp and welcoming.

Legal Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied through my school's career services and was accepted for a first-round interview on campus. The interview was very straightforward, with two analysts asking me questions for thirty minutes. We walked through my resume and they asked about relevant work experience. There was one question about my writing sample. At the end, they asked a couple behavioral questions about how I worked on a team, how I handled failure, and how I would feel about defending disreputable corporate clients. Overall, a very friendly interview that would be manageable with some light preparation.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about an experience when you didn't get along with a coworker? How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Legal Analyst Interview

Interview

I was contacted at a school event. It was alright. They asked standard questions. I felt a bit uncomfortable by some of the jokes made in the interview. I realized the financial sector of law isn't my cup of tea.

Legal Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kobre & Kim.

Interview

I had a wonderful interview experience -- all parties were respectful and professional. None of the questions asked were unexpected. They seemed genuinely interested in better understanding my resume and my experiences. The interviewers were very willing to answer any questions, and got back to me about my application status within a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kobre & Kim (Washington, DC) in October 2013.

Interview

First round through college career center

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kobre & Kim (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

two phone interviews (30 minutes each with 2 different analysts each time), and one super day interview which consisted of two 1-hour interviews with 2 analysts each and an attorney interview. It was definitely very misleading because the company was very nice and made it seem like they really wanted me but a week later, i received an email stating that they were unable to offer me a position. Overall, the people were nice, smart, and professional.

Legal Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kobre & Kim in February 2012.

Interview

I submitted my resume, cover letter, and two writing samples to my University's career listings site. Someone from the office called to set up a phone interview. In the phone interview a few days later, two current legal analysts called and conducted the interview.

Interview Questions

• 1) What is a recent financial story that you have been keeping tabs on? Describe it.   Answer Question
    • 2) Most people consider themselves an expert in something. Choose a complicated topic that you are an expert in and thoroughly describe it to us in layman's terms so that we understand it too.   Answer Question

Legal Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kobre & Kim in December 2010.

Interview

Wonderful people, fit is really important

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to handle multiple responsibilities, how did you organize the work you needed to do?   Answer Question

Legal Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kobre & Kim in October 2010.

Interview

Offer to interview from my school's career office. Interview very straight-forward and quick.