Koch Business Solutions Interview Questions in Wichita, KS

Updated Mar 24, 2015

2.9

Mobile App Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Koch Business Solutions (Wichita, KS) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online on Koch website. Got an email from HR and arranged a phone interview. Mostly behavioral questions. Asked me about my study, related coursework, my current work and responsibilities, and mobile development related work done. There were lot of behavioral questions along with cross questioning. Make sure you are ready.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Koch?   Answer Question
    • Example when you tried something at work and failed at it. What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Did you have any conflicts with seniors? How did you face/resolve?   Answer Question

IT Co-op Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Koch Business Solutions (Wichita, KS) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview took about 20 minutes and consisted of basic questions about my graduation date and basic behavioral questions. Questions like what was a situation where I had to work to resolve difficulties working with a team.

Data Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Koch Business Solutions (Wichita, KS) in October 2014.

Interview

These folks are quite a bit clueless. They fly me all the way to Wichita for a job they say is in Reno. The first thing the hiring manager tells me is that Reno is only got one guy trying to rent office space. The rest of the team asks me questions that have nothing to do with the job description. The next week, I see they are trying to hire a contractor instead of an employee. Don't waste your time.

Interview Questions

• the questions were not difficult. They were interviewing me for a data architect and only 1 of 6 people asked me a single technical or data architecture question. I can't imagine how dull it is like to work there.   Answer Question

IT Service Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Koch Business Solutions (Wichita, KS) in August 2014.

Interview

Strictly behavior based questions, spoke with 3 managers and one Sr. help desk. Took a little over 2hrs overall went pretty well. Very simple, they went through a sheet and read behavior based questions off it and spent most of the time writing. They would leave about 5-10 minutes for questions before the next manager arrived. Rinse and repeat.

Interview Questions

• Mixed in one technical question: How would you walk me through resolving an issue if I were a customer, my printer wont print anything?   1 Answer

IT Service Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Koch Business Solutions (Wichita, KS) in April 2014.

Interview

I went through college recruiting/outside means. It's important to keep with the recruiters once contacted as they are busy. If you don't contact them, they won't contact you.

The interview was a two hour interview with multiple supervisors and seniors from different areas of the service desk. Most questions were behavior based, and based on your resume. They will ask a lot about projects that you have completed and organizations that you are involved with.

The interview revolves around the company's culture, and they questions that they ask will determine if you fit that culture.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to repeat the way you handled a project multiple times.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't. Coming out of college I was afraid to hurt any chances, looking back I wish that I would have.

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Koch Business Solutions (Wichita, KS) in February 2014.

Interview

I was contacted two weeks after applying to setup a phone interview with an HR recruiter. Early in week 3 I had my 1st first interview and was immediately scheduled for the 2nd phone interview for later that week. I was contacted again mid week 4 by a travel coordinator to schedule an in person interview in Wichita. During week 5 they flew me to Wichita for an in person interview. Week 6 I was contacted with verbal offer which was 30% below the range discussed during the first interview. I was told that they thought I’d be a good fit but that my skills and experience lead them to believe that my value creation was not enough to justify the range previously discussed. I wish it would have worked out but we were just too far apart.

Interview Questions

• I think the most difficult question for me was "Tell me about your self." It was really only difficult because I don't take time to think about myself beyond the confines of my work.   Answer Question

I was disappointed the offer was 30% less than the range we talked about during the first interview. It was about the same increase in compensation as I had received at my current employer during the previous year. Once I figured in the state income tax from relocating to KS the offer was brought me less take home pay than I currently have. I feel like we both wasted resources by continuing with interviews 2 and 3 since they didn’t paid attention the range discussed on during the first interview. I would have loved to have said yes if only they would have made it worth my while.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Koch Business Solutions (Wichita, KS) in October 2013.

Interview

I was scheduled for an on-Campus Interview with an employee then I was invited to Wichita Kansas to participate in further interviewing. On the scheduled date I participated in 2 on-site interviews with managers

Interview Questions

• None- Most came straight from examples of Behavioral questions   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Koch Business Solutions (Wichita, KS) in October 2013.

Interview

- Applied through my campus career service. got accepted on a campus interview. a pre-interview dinner was held before the day. on-campus interview was probably the interview I've answered the most questions in a short period of time.it was just one interview(1:1) was asked about 10+ behavioral questions within 30-45 mins but they were just basic behavioral questions. got an email 2 days later to schedule an on-site interview.
    - Another dinner was held before the on-site interview. it is important to attend these dinners because you meet current employees and are able to ask questions about the company or interview process. was supposed to be taken on a tour before my interview but there was no time. had 2 one on one interviews on -site. my interviewers(managers) onsite were really cool. my first went through my entire resume(literally went through it all every single word) and was deriving behavioral questions from what he saw on my resume. so be sure you know everything on your resume.
    My 2nd interviewer went through a booklet containing behavioral questions as they related to the company principles.
    Advice - read about the company before the interview and also browse through Koch's book the science of management

Interview Questions

• No technical question. Had to explain in detail the project I had on my resume   Answer Question

Didn't seem like I was going to gain a lot of experience and I had another offer that better matched my expectations

IT Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Koch Business Solutions (Wichita, KS) in December 2012.

Interview

Interview 1: 1 hour phone interview with HR. Interview 2: phone interview with manager in Atlanta. Invited to on-campus interview-a series of 6 interviews with 7 people lasting 4 hours. Study the STAR interview system. While grueling, it was an excellent exercise. I have encountered the same system on other interviews.

Interview Questions

• Asked by multiple interviewers: describe a time when you had to deal with illegal or unethical activities..   1 Answer

EH&S Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Koch Business Solutions (Wichita, KS) in May 2012.

Interview

The process was long (3 1/2 hrs) and I stayed in the same room for the entire process. Interviewed by 4 different employees and everyone was very nice. Each interview was a little different than the other but everyone was easy to chat with and they were not intimidating.

Interview Questions

• questions generally were asking about how I have handled both positive and negative situations in my previous positions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very easy and open. I didn't feel like they were hiding any information. My questions were answered and ultimately I accepted the offer.