Koch Business Solutions

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Solutions Architect Interview

Wichita, KS

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Koch Business Solutions in February 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted two weeks after applying to setup a phone interview with an HR recruiter. Early in week 3 I had my 1st first interview and was immediately scheduled for the 2nd phone interview for later that week. I was contacted again mid week 4 by a travel coordinator to schedule an in person interview in Wichita. During week 5 they flew me to Wichita for an in person interview. Week 6 I was contacted with verbal offer which was 30% below the range discussed during the first interview. I was told that they thought I’d be a good fit but that my skills and experience lead them to believe that my value creation was not enough to justify the range previously discussed. I wish it would have worked out but we were just too far apart.

Interview Question – I think the most difficult question for me was "Tell me about your self." It was really only difficult because I don't take time to think about myself beyond the confines of my work.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was disappointed the offer was 30% less than the range we talked about during the first interview. It was about the same increase in compensation as I had received at my current employer during the previous year. Once I figured in the state income tax from relocating to KS the offer was brought me less take home pay than I currently have. I feel like we both wasted resources by continuing with interviews 2 and 3 since they didn’t paid attention the range discussed on during the first interview. I would have loved to have said yes if only they would have made it worth my while.

IT Intern Interview

Wichita, KS

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Koch Business Solutions in October 2013.

Interview Details – - Applied through my campus career service. got accepted on a campus interview. a pre-interview dinner was held before the day. on-campus interview was probably the interview I've answered the most questions in a short period of time.it was just one interview(1:1) was asked about 10+ behavioral questions within 30-45 mins but they were just basic behavioral questions. got an email 2 days later to schedule an on-site interview.
- Another dinner was held before the on-site interview. it is important to attend these dinners because you meet current employees and are able to ask questions about the company or interview process. was supposed to be taken on a tour before my interview but there was no time. had 2 one on one interviews on -site. my interviewers(managers) onsite were really cool. my first went through my entire resume(literally went through it all every single word) and was deriving behavioral questions from what he saw on my resume. so be sure you know everything on your resume.
My 2nd interviewer went through a booklet containing behavioral questions as they related to the company principles.
Advice - read about the company before the interview and also browse through Koch's book the science of management

Interview Question – No technical question. Had to explain in detail the project I had on my resume   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Didn't seem like I was going to gain a lot of experience and I had another offer that better matched my expectations

IT Buyer Interview

Wichita, KS

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Koch Business Solutions in December 2012.

Interview Details – Interview 1: 1 hour phone interview with HR. Interview 2: phone interview with manager in Atlanta. Invited to on-campus interview-a series of 6 interviews with 7 people lasting 4 hours. Study the STAR interview system. While grueling, it was an excellent exercise. I have encountered the same system on other interviews.

Interview Question – Asked by multiple interviewers: describe a time when you had to deal with illegal or unethical activities..   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Koch Business Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Koch Business Solutions interview questions and advice in Wichita, KS. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Koch Business Solutions employees and interview candidates.