Koch Industries

Getting the Interview

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Wichita, KS

I applied online and interviewed at Koch Industries.

Interview Details – takes a long time.. do phone interview.. do on site interview with four different managers... do call back interview...

Interview Question – All questions are situation, behavior, outcome questions.. be prepared to have specific examples   Answer Question

Accountant

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Koch Industries.

Interview Details – On campus interview was all about behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Name a time where you failed and what your reaction was   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Koch Industries.

Interview Details – Interviewed on campus then was invited for a company visit. Company visit consisted of a welcome dinner folled by two interviews the next day.

Interview Question – How did you add value in your past work experience?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The company is very successful but the people didn't seem particularly happy or personable. They gave off a almost brainwashed vibe.

Wichita, KS

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Koch Industries in September 2013.

Interview Details – Very comfortable setting. All behavioral type questions.

Interview Question – Give me an example of your weaknesses.   Answer Question

Wichita, KS

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Koch Industries.

Interview Details – In my experience, I applied for the position online and received a phone call within a few days. The phone call was to schedule a phone interview or have it then if I was available and I was. The call was approximately forty-five minutes long and covered a high level of skills and experience. After that, I was called in for an in-person interview. Upon arrival, I met with 4 or 5 current employees for around thirty minutes each.

Interview Question – Describe a situation you have experienced where you had made a decision but were overruled but your decision turned out to be ther right one and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate vacation time.

Accountant

I applied online and interviewed at Koch Industries.

Interview Details – It took several weeks after applying to them, to hear anything back. First interview was a phone interview very informal, went over the information in my resume, and they asked a few simple questions of me regarding my work experience, and the type of work I enjoyed doing. At the end they asked if I had any questions, and after that, they said they would get back with me in a week or so, to see how they wanted to proceed.

Interview Question – What type of accounting issues have you researched?   Answer Question

Wichita, KS

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Koch Industries in December 2011.

Interview Details – Interview process takes half a day. If you have a morning interview, your last interview will be a lunch interview. Generally, you will interview with 6 people. All of them ask you very similar questions, although each person is looking for different pieces of information. From what I could tell, most of the questions came from a list I found on monster.com. If you prepare well, the interview is not very difficult. If you do not prepare well, you will have a very hard time.

Interview Question – Honestly, I overprepared for the interview and I wasn't suprised by any of the questions. They were from monster.com.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The last person you speak to during the interview is the recruiter. They ask you salary requirements and other requirements. The offer I was given was a lot more than I even wanted, so I didn't ask for more.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Koch Industries

Worked for Koch Industries? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Koch Industries Accountant interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Koch Industries employees and interview candidates.