Koch Industries

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Koch Industries in April 2011.

Was first contacted by a 3rd party recruiter from a confidential post and later learned it was Koch Business Solutions (KBS) in Atlanta. Conducted a couple phone interviews with 2 different recruiters followed by a 1 hour phone interview with the Director of HR. Passed those steps and was invited to Atlanta for 1:1 face-to-face interviews with 4 different people.

Once I arrived on-site I could not help but notice the tired furniture and overall tired faces. It really felt as if I had walked back into the 1990’s brick and mortar world. The interviews themselves were 80% behavioral based and became old after about two hours as each interviewer defaulted to the same “tell me about a time you did X or encountered X or had to deal with a situation X….” STAR formatted questions. Been on enough interviews over the past years to understand from a cultural perspective it was not a fit mainly due to my youthful age and high salary requirements. I am in my middle 30’s and every interviewer was in their middle 50’s. I think they understood I would not be happy there long term and decided to decline making an offer. After thinking about it in hindsight, the feeling is mutual. Very old school type place.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you had a co-worker issue - how did you handle it?   View Answers (3)