Koch Industries Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

3.3

Plant Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Koch Industries.

Interview

Detailed and Professional. The first interview day was about 1 hour long & was held in two different rooms. Drinks and small snacks were on a table to help with the wait. Scheduled interview times were prompt and HR was very easy to speak with. 5 months later the second interview lasted about 1 hour.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Koch Industries.

Interview

Phone interview that lasted about 45 minutes. Variety of questions, most of them general in nature. A few questions were specific to the position. I was mostly under the impression that my past experiences need to match almost exactly to be considered further. I probably spoke more than I should have.

Interview Questions

• Past experience where I did not get my way, how did I handle it.   Answer Question

Tax Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Koch Industries.

Interview

it was a typical interview process with a set of standard questions with the group and / or other groups. Questions are more like culture centered, work ethics, some part of technical background

Audit Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Lisle, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Initial stage-technical phone interview. I will have a technical interview with hiring manager. Thereafter, I will have a face-to-face. Not sure how to prepare. I submitted a job matrix to the hiring manager that compared the job requirements to my experience and/or my approach.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Koch Industries in June 2015.

Interview

They emailed me to set up a phone screening. Phone screening was with someone from HR who then referred me to have a second interview with the hiring manager. Interview with hiring manager was very nonchalant, she stated that they would email me to let me know rather or not I had the job. I still haven't heard anything back yet.

Interview Questions

• How would your current supervisor and coworkers rate you?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Koch Industries (San Jose, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

This interview was conducted by phone with an HR employee for Koch Industries in Kansas. I called this person at the time agreed but no answer. I called back 2-3 times and connected, I was told by the HR person that they didn't answer at first because some one had just walked into their office. The position was described to me with some of the back ground of Koch Industries acquiring this subsidiary.The interview itself was fairly simple with standard questions being read from a script. The interviewer was courteous and patient, if not particularly warm or gracious. The interview lasted about 20 minutes. I came away from it without feeling one way or the other whether it had gone well or not.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions like; What do you feel is your strongest attribute you would bring to this position? What would you say is your weakness? What is the main contribution made in your last job? Why did you leave your last job. If you ran into problems with one your team , how would you solve it?   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Situation, behavior, outcome based - they follow the book. HR, Managers and directors conduct the interviews. Most of the time they make you comfortable and relaxed. Office visits are offered, phone interviews and face to face interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when..., what did you do, what was the outcome, what did you learn   Answer Question

Negotiation

Bad place to work.

Corporate Implementation Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Wichita, KS) in March 2015.

Interview

The process of setting up the interview was frustrating in itself (and I am a pretty patient person). I was emailed by two different people, who both did not reply promptly and when they asked for my availability for the phone interview, I provided them with three different times and dates in the same week. They randomly replied the next day with a completely different time and date. I went ahead and went with it and cancelled one of my corporate calls that morning (Rude). Then to add to the mix, they had the dates mixed up- which I called them directly to clear up. Pretty confusing.. The morning of the interview they called me at 7:20AM, yes you read that correctly, to confirm it. The interview was very brief. To my surprise on the call with the recruiter, was my "who would have been" direct report on the call as well. This baffled me. I felt like they rushed everything and really didn't give me sensible questions that pertained to my work ethic, education or experience. I was quite disappointed at the end of this call actually. Then not even 45 minutes after the call I received a declination email. KOCH: If you are hiring for some new HR personnel, feel free to reach out. If you aren't, you should really ask yourself why. I think my teenage boys could have done a better job coordinating, planning and interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Some behavioral health questions. Strength / Weakness. Boring.   1 Answer

Koch Discovery Day Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stillwater, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Stillwater, OK) in February 2015.

Interview

Very laid back. Mainly asked me what my goals were for the rest of college and my career. They also threw in a couple of behavioral questions towards the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals for the rest of college?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you failed and found a way to overcome this mistake.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Koch Industries.

Interview

Called to schedule a phone interview. Conducted phone interview. Received an email a few days later stating I had been selected for an interview with links and directions on scheduling a day, a hotel, a flight, and a rental car. Did not have many other details and was all conducted electronically. There was no personal interaction during this process

Interview Questions

• 5 different individual interviews. Each asked different questions. A lot of behavior based.   Answer Question