Koch Industries

Getting the Interview

49 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Koch Industries in March 2013.

Interview Details – I found out about the job through a recruiter. Pretty standard procedure for the type of work. I didn't interview until a few weeks later due to my travel schedule. Not really in the job hunt but Koch is a chemical leader so had to see what they had to offer.

Interview Question – Name a time where you had difficulty with culture in the work place?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Wichita, KS

I applied online and interviewed at Koch Industries.

Interview Details – takes a long time.. do phone interview.. do on site interview with four different managers... do call back interview...

Interview Question – All questions are situation, behavior, outcome questions.. be prepared to have specific examples   Answer Question

Tax Intern Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Koch Industries in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for the position through the Koch website in late November. In January, I was contacted by a person in HR to schedule a phone interview for the following week. The phone interview was with a person in HR and lasted about 30-45 minutes. About three weeks later, I was invited for an in-person interview. Koch paid for all of my travel expenses and put my up in a hotel room the night before my interview. They even offered to rent me a car. The interview was blitz style, meeting with a tax manager for 30 minutes, followed by a senior tax manager for 30 minutes, and then a recruiter via phone for 10 minutes.

All interviewers asked me about my background, how I had found the job posting, why I wanted to work for Koch, and a LOT of behavioral questions. In the in-person interview I also spent a significant amount of time discussing my resume and the classes I had taken. They expect you to answer the behavior questions using the STAR method - Situation, Task, Action, Result. I prepared by researching list of behavioral questions and preparing responses. If you prepare, the questions are not terribly difficult. The whole process was fairly low pressure and everyone I spoke with was incredibly friendly and enthusiastic.

Interview Question – Example questions:
"Tell me about a time when you were part of a group and you felt strongly about going one direction but the group went another direction and you were right."

"What is you biggest strength? Weakness?"

"Tell me about a time you failed."

"How would you deliver bad news?"

"Tell me about a time you had to work with a difficult person."
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. Their offer was more than I expected and included a relocation bonus.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

In-House Attorney Interview

Wichita, KS

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Koch Industries.

Interview Details – 1 Hour Screen, 1 Hour Thumbnail Sketch with Manager, Half-a-day of 1:1 and 2:1 interviews with select lawyers and non-lawyers. Questions are 80%+ behavioral questions. They really want to get to know you and are personable. I was uncomfortable that in every place I sat a clock was behind me; I couldn't see it and didn't look at my watch. Interviewers were not full of themselves and cared about each other and the team. One interviewer acknowledged existence of "Koch widows" when referring to spouses. Very positive experience and well orchestrated by in-house recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Name a life goal that you haven't achieved yet.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you delivered something your client needed before they even asked for it.   Answer Question
  • I read your resume a long time ago and, thinking back, I didn't see how your background neatly fits [a couple of the things we're looking for]. Did I misread your resume?   Answer Question
  • After your interviews today, what is your level of interest [in the role, in the unit, with Koch] on a scale from 1-10?   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Credit Analyst
Wichita, KS

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Koch Industries in September 2013.

Interview Details – On campus Interviews then On site

Interview Question – Which of the financial Statements is Most important?   View Answer

Senior Storage Engineer Interview

Wichita, KS

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Koch Industries.

Interview Details – The interview process was long and not very technical. Most of the questions were situational with a focus on perspectives. The company seems to have a sincere interest in the development of human resources.

Interview Question – The same questions were asked by all the interviewers (Very repetitive) and exhausting.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Accountant

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Koch Industries.

Interview Details – On campus interview was all about behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Name a time where you failed and what your reaction was   Answer Question

IT Service Desk Specialist Interview

Wichita, KS

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Koch Industries in April 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was quick and easy. I had 3 interviews. I believe they were in need of an associate quickly due to high turnover in the department.

Negotiation Details – It was very easy; I took what was offered.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Koch Industries in June 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter. Once I submitted my résumé then a telephone interview was arranged. It was a very professional interview. After a week, I was asked for on site interview. Interview was a mix of behavioral and experience related questions. Offer was made within a week. The company made all the travel arrangements.

Interview Question – Why do you want to leave your current job.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – On a second thought I did not like the location.

Software Developer Intern Interview

Interviewed at Koch Industries

Interview Details – There were 2 interviews, one that occurred the same week as the career fair that I spoke to Koch reps at. About 3 weeks later they contacted me to come interview in Wichita. 3 Weeks after that they notified me that I wasn't what they were looking for. The people didn't seem to care too much about actual skills. They were more oriented towards good grades, which is sad and substandard.

Interview Question – No technical questions. I interviewed with people that I had more "hands on" experience than. There were 2 managers that I interviewed with, and they didn't seem to know much of what I was trying to explain.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Koch Industries

Worked for Koch Industries? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Koch Industries interview questions and advice. All 49 interview reviews posted anonymously by Koch Industries employees and interview candidates.