Koch Industries

53 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Business Systems Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Koch Industries.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview and the interviewer was very friendly. She asked a lot of questions that were based on past experiences and situations I had with coworkers and job difficulties. She wanted to know how I dealt with conflict with past coworkers or bosses. She asked what was my strength and weakness.

Interview Question – What is the most stressful or difficult thing I faced in my former job and what about it made it stressful?   Answer Question

Human Resources Leader Interview

Human Resources Leader

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Koch Industries in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for a position at an undisclosed business on a recruiter website in March 2014. Around Mid April I received a call from a recruiter in the Atlanta area naming Koch Business Solutions as the company for which I applied to. From there the recruiter asked if I could come into their office for a face to face interview a week later. This interview consisted of behavioral based questions and questions about my current role and qualifications. They advised me they would pass my information on to Koch to see if they wanted to schedule a phone interview with the HR department. HR confirmed they wanted to move forward and about a week later I had a phone interview which lasted 45 mins with an HR coordinator. The interview was all behavioral based questions. I would advise using the STAR format to answer these type of questions. When the interview concluded he advised he felt comfortable enough to pass my information on to the Hiring Manager for another phone interview. A week later I had a phone interview with the hiring manager which lasted an hr. This interview dug more into my qualifications and skill set. This interview was the most intense for me. There were also a few behavioral questions thrown in as well. After the phone interview I did not hear back for about 2-3 weeks. End of May I was notified they wanted to bring me to the Atlanta office for a face to face interview. I had two 1hr interviews with two interviewers in each session. Again, behavioral based questions which felt more like a conversation. A little over a week I received a call from HR offering me the position. The entire staff a Koch was professional and very very nice. The process is a long one but they want to make sure you are a fit for their company as well as give you time to confirm you would like to work for them as well.

Interview Question – Greatest Strength/Weakness?
Time you failed?
Describe a time you had to go above and beyond to assist someone?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Baton Rouge, LA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Koch Industries in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied for position online 6/4/14. Invited for video interview through Blue-jeans on 6/11/2014. Video interview lasted for approximately 30 min. with an HR Coordinator. Went through my resume and why I left each position. Also spoke about why I wanted to leave my current position and what my current salary is. I was told the next steps were to contact the hiring manager and decide if an on site interview would be requested. On 6/16/14 I was called to find out when I would be able to do an on-site interview. I was given 3 dates and times. I chose 6/19/2014. The on site interview was very pleasant. They were given 3 pages of questions, mostly behavioral. The interview lasted for an hour and 30 min. Immediately after the interview, I received a call from the HR coordinator that I originally video interviewed with. I missed the call. The voice mail stated that she wanted to find out how the interview went and wanted to ask a few more questions. I called back and left a message and am awaiting a return phone call.

Interview Question – Have you ever been in a situation where an unethical situation came up? If so, what was your response to the situation?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Koch Industries

Interview Details – They take series of interview and questions are all repeated. They will make you stop down the hall and fill out the critics paper about the hiring process. Beside that they will also call you for the party before the interview date.

Interview Question – What was your biggest failure.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Koch Industries in March 2013.

Interview Details – I found out about the job through a recruiter. Pretty standard procedure for the type of work. I didn't interview until a few weeks later due to my travel schedule. Not really in the job hunt but Koch is a chemical leader so had to see what they had to offer.

Interview Question – Name a time where you had difficulty with culture in the work place?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Accountant
Wichita, KS

I applied online and interviewed at Koch Industries.

Interview Details – takes a long time.. do phone interview.. do on site interview with four different managers... do call back interview...

Interview Question – All questions are situation, behavior, outcome questions.. be prepared to have specific examples   Answer Question

Tax Intern Interview

Tax Intern
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Koch Industries in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for the position through the Koch website in late November. In January, I was contacted by a person in HR to schedule a phone interview for the following week. The phone interview was with a person in HR and lasted about 30-45 minutes. About three weeks later, I was invited for an in-person interview. Koch paid for all of my travel expenses and put my up in a hotel room the night before my interview. They even offered to rent me a car. The interview was blitz style, meeting with a tax manager for 30 minutes, followed by a senior tax manager for 30 minutes, and then a recruiter via phone for 10 minutes.

All interviewers asked me about my background, how I had found the job posting, why I wanted to work for Koch, and a LOT of behavioral questions. In the in-person interview I also spent a significant amount of time discussing my resume and the classes I had taken. They expect you to answer the behavior questions using the STAR method - Situation, Task, Action, Result. I prepared by researching list of behavioral questions and preparing responses. If you prepare, the questions are not terribly difficult. The whole process was fairly low pressure and everyone I spoke with was incredibly friendly and enthusiastic.

Interview Question – Example questions:
"Tell me about a time when you were part of a group and you felt strongly about going one direction but the group went another direction and you were right."

"What is you biggest strength? Weakness?"

"Tell me about a time you failed."

"How would you deliver bad news?"

"Tell me about a time you had to work with a difficult person."
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. Their offer was more than I expected and included a relocation bonus.

In-house Attorney Interview

In-house Attorney
Wichita, KS

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Koch Industries.

Interview Details – 1 Hour Screen, 1 Hour Thumbnail Sketch with Manager, Half-a-day of 1:1 and 2:1 interviews with select lawyers and non-lawyers. Questions are 80%+ behavioral questions. They really want to get to know you and are personable. I was uncomfortable that in every place I sat a clock was behind me; I couldn't see it and didn't look at my watch. Interviewers were not full of themselves and cared about each other and the team. One interviewer acknowledged existence of "Koch widows" when referring to spouses. Very positive experience and well orchestrated by in-house recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Name a life goal that you haven't achieved yet.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you delivered something your client needed before they even asked for it.   Answer Question
  • I read your resume a long time ago and, thinking back, I didn't see how your background neatly fits [a couple of the things we're looking for]. Did I misread your resume?   Answer Question
  • After your interviews today, what is your level of interest [in the role, in the unit, with Koch] on a scale from 1-10?   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Credit Analyst
Wichita, KS

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Koch Industries in September 2013.

Interview Details – On campus Interviews then On site

Interview Question – Which of the financial Statements is Most important?   View Answer

Senior Storage Engineer Interview

Senior Storage Engineer
Wichita, KS

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Koch Industries.

Interview Details – The interview process was long and not very technical. Most of the questions were situational with a focus on perspectives. The company seems to have a sincere interest in the development of human resources.

Interview Question – The same questions were asked by all the interviewers (Very repetitive) and exhausting.   Answer Question

Worked for Koch Industries? Contribute to the Community!