Koch Industries

53 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Accountant Interview

Accountant

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Koch Industries.

Interview Details – On campus interview was all about behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Name a time where you failed and what your reaction was   Answer Question

IT Service Desk Specialist Interview

IT Service Desk Specialist
Wichita, KS

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Koch Industries in April 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was quick and easy. I had 3 interviews. I believe they were in need of an associate quickly due to high turnover in the department.

Negotiation Details – It was very easy; I took what was offered.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Koch Industries in June 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter. Once I submitted my résumé then a telephone interview was arranged. It was a very professional interview. After a week, I was asked for on site interview. Interview was a mix of behavioral and experience related questions. Offer was made within a week. The company made all the travel arrangements.

Interview Question – Why do you want to leave your current job.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – On a second thought I did not like the location.

Software Developer Intern Interview

Software Developer Intern

Interviewed at Koch Industries

Interview Details – There were 2 interviews, one that occurred the same week as the career fair that I spoke to Koch reps at. About 3 weeks later they contacted me to come interview in Wichita. 3 Weeks after that they notified me that I wasn't what they were looking for. The people didn't seem to care too much about actual skills. They were more oriented towards good grades, which is sad and substandard.

Interview Question – No technical questions. I interviewed with people that I had more "hands on" experience than. There were 2 managers that I interviewed with, and they didn't seem to know much of what I was trying to explain.   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

Finance Intern

Interviewed at Koch Industries

Interview Details – HR responded relatively quickly to application and scheduled an interview within the next week or two. The interview was fairly tedious as it lasted about three hours. I was interviewed by 4 different people ranging from analyst to global business leaders. Interview questions were very culture centered. Questions also included behavioral type questions.

Interview Question – "Explain to me what you know about SAP and how to use it"   Answer Question

Tax Manager Interview

Tax Manager
Wichita, KS

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Koch Industries in October 2013.

Interview Details – The company conducted two phone interviews which seemed to go well. Koch paid to fly me to their offices for discussions with seven separate people, including five members of the tax department.

Interview Question – While most of dialogues with interviewers were relevant and productive, it appeared each tax department interviewing member also had a "quota" of two or so behavioral-oriented interview questions to ask. Those questions were not particularly difficult, but each interviewer always contemporaneously documented those responses (whereas no other aspect of our discussion was documented while we met).   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Koch Industries in October 2013.

Interview Details – I talked to Koch representative at a college career fair and also applied on the company website. The university also lets you sign up for on campus interviews, so I signed up and was given an interview. We discussed what I was interested in at the campus interview, and later I was given an on site interview with one of their subsidiaries.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you did something for someone that wasn't your responsibility.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Koch Industries.

Interview Details – Very detailed, team interview, each person is geared to evaluate different aspects of your personality and experience to be a culture fit. Read Koch's book on Market Based Management - and use the terminology

Interview Question – Qestions are all very specific example based - generic answers won't do, give - SBO - Situation, Behavior and Outcome   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – typical

Information Technology Intern Interview

Information Technology Intern
Wichita, KS

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Koch Industries in October 2013.

Interview Details – Koch recruits at my school, I applied for on campus interviews. It was given by a former alumni who now works with Koch. Expect about 30 minutes of behavioral questions. Like others suggest - google search common behavioral questions and write down some possible responses so you have fresh examples in your head. After the campus interview, I was invited to the Koch headquarters. They invite candidates to Wichita the night following interviews for dinner, and also provide a hotel if you live further away and choose to attend the dinner. They also provided gas compensation for driving. I had 2 interviews back to back, just behavioral questions. Many of the questions were repeated, and I ended up using a lot of the same responses for both interviews.

They suggest that you read 'The Science of Success' before interviewing. I would recommend you at least take a look at Koch's 'Guiding Principles' and '5 dimensions of MBM' before interviewing. When responding to behavioral questions, try to tie in examples that highlight your use of these principles.

Dress nice, follow up, and show that you are passionate about what you are doing. If you take the interview seriously and take the time to prepare, it's not a tough interview.

Interview Question – Describe a time you were criticized about your work   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't need to negotiate, they gave a good competitive offer.

Accounting Interview

Accounting

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Koch Industries.

Interview Details – Interviewed on campus then was invited for a company visit. Company visit consisted of a welcome dinner folled by two interviews the next day.

Interview Question – How did you add value in your past work experience?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The company is very successful but the people didn't seem particularly happy or personable. They gave off a almost brainwashed vibe.