Koch Industries Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2015

3.3

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Koch Industries.

Interview

Applied through my university's career center and received an on-campus, one-on-one interview. Was invited to a pre-interview dinner the night before and met the recruiters/other applicants. Two weeks later received an email for an on-site interview. First interview was 100% behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to depend on the skills or knowledge of another person   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Koch Industries (Wichita, KS) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online and got a call a week later. Scheduled a phone interview for the next day and was told after the interview that I would go to an on-site interview in Wichita, Kansas.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a long term goal you had and how you achieved it.   Answer Question

(IT) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Koch Industries in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online since I didn't have time to see them at the career fair. Heard back within a couple days saying they would like to interview. Met them on-campus for a 45 minute interview that was non-technical. All of the Koch representatives were friendly and easy to talk with. I had a follow-up interview scheduled, but opted out because I had a more preferable offer.

Interview Questions

• There were a lot of questions that were based around how I worked in a group, such as: tell me about a time where you had difficulty working in a group. What was the difficulty? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

I made it to the next round of interviews, but declined because I was accepted at another company.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Campus, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Koch Industries (Campus, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

First they ask about yourself. Then they picked 3-4 behavioural questions from a question bank. After that, they ask you about what your preferences are for the internship and what other questions you have for the company.

Interview Questions

• "talk about a time where you solved a problem"   Answer Question
    • "talk about a time where you went with a team's decision while you have your own separate idea"   Answer Question
    • "talk about a time when you persuade someone about an idea you have"   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Koch Industries in August 2014.

Interview

2 Interviews that add up to an hour. Behavorial Questions in both. Dress appropriately. Not a company that accepts anything short of business casual. Interview specifically requires business professional. Interview most likely performed by both male and female. Prepare to provide real life examples for your claims.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiable. Starts you off at a competitive pay and states in writing that it is negotiable. Personally did not negotiate.

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Koch Industries.

Interview

I had a phone interview and the interviewer was very friendly. She asked a lot of questions that were based on past experiences and situations I had with coworkers and job difficulties. She wanted to know how I dealt with conflict with past coworkers or bosses. She asked what was my strength and weakness.

Interview Questions

• What is the most stressful or difficult thing I faced in my former job and what about it made it stressful?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

They take series of interview and questions are all repeated. They will make you stop down the hall and fill out the critics paper about the hiring process. Beside that they will also call you for the party before the interview date.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Koch Industries (Baton Rouge, LA) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied for position online 6/4/14. Invited for video interview through Blue-jeans on 6/11/2014. Video interview lasted for approximately 30 min. with an HR Coordinator. Went through my resume and why I left each position. Also spoke about why I wanted to leave my current position and what my current salary is. I was told the next steps were to contact the hiring manager and decide if an on site interview would be requested. On 6/16/14 I was called to find out when I would be able to do an on-site interview. I was given 3 dates and times. I chose 6/19/2014. The on site interview was very pleasant. They were given 3 pages of questions, mostly behavioral. The interview lasted for an hour and 30 min. Immediately after the interview, I received a call from the HR coordinator that I originally video interviewed with. I missed the call. The voice mail stated that she wanted to find out how the interview went and wanted to ask a few more questions. I called back and left a message and am awaiting a return phone call.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a situation where an unethical situation came up? If so, what was your response to the situation?   Answer Question

Human Resources Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Koch Industries in May 2014.

Interview

I applied for a position at an undisclosed business on a recruiter website in March 2014. Around Mid April I received a call from a recruiter in the Atlanta area naming Koch Business Solutions as the company for which I applied to. From there the recruiter asked if I could come into their office for a face to face interview a week later. This interview consisted of behavioral based questions and questions about my current role and qualifications. They advised me they would pass my information on to Koch to see if they wanted to schedule a phone interview with the HR department. HR confirmed they wanted to move forward and about a week later I had a phone interview which lasted 45 mins with an HR coordinator. The interview was all behavioral based questions. I would advise using the STAR format to answer these type of questions. When the interview concluded he advised he felt comfortable enough to pass my information on to the Hiring Manager for another phone interview. A week later I had a phone interview with the hiring manager which lasted an hr. This interview dug more into my qualifications and skill set. This interview was the most intense for me. There were also a few behavioral questions thrown in as well. After the phone interview I did not hear back for about 2-3 weeks. End of May I was notified they wanted to bring me to the Atlanta office for a face to face interview. I had two 1hr interviews with two interviewers in each session. Again, behavioral based questions which felt more like a conversation. A little over a week I received a call from HR offering me the position. The entire staff a Koch was professional and very very nice. The process is a long one but they want to make sure you are a fit for their company as well as give you time to confirm you would like to work for them as well.

Interview Questions

• Greatest Strength/Weakness?
      Time you failed?
      Describe a time you had to go above and beyond to assist someone?

Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Koch Industries (Wichita, KS) in April 2014.

Interview

It was half day of interviews. Some were panel interviews and some were one on one. Company was generous with accommodations. Need to give better directions on where to go. A fair amount of construction was happening at the time.

Interview Questions

• They asked about a time where policies made the job difficult to do. Most of the times it was talking about your past experience, but they had a few template questions.   Answer Question