Koch Industries Interview Questions

3.3

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Koch Industries in October 2013.

I talked to Koch representative at a college career fair and also applied on the company website. The university also lets you sign up for on campus interviews, so I signed up and was given an interview. We discussed what I was interested in at the campus interview, and later I was given an on site interview with one of their subsidiaries.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you did something for someone that wasn't your responsibility.   Answer Question

Tax Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Koch Industries in October 2013.

The company conducted two phone interviews which seemed to go well. Koch paid to fly me to their offices for discussions with seven separate people, including five members of the tax department.

Interview Questions
    • While most of dialogues with interviewers were relevant and productive, it appeared each tax department interviewing member also had a "quota" of two or so behavioral-oriented interview questions to ask. Those questions were not particularly difficult, but each interviewer always contemporaneously documented those responses (whereas no other aspect of our discussion was documented while we met).   Answer Question

Project Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Koch Industries.

Interviewed at Flint Hills resources, staff was professional, however Human Resource personnel were not readily available and/or friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Questions had nothing to do with what the position was about.   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Koch Industries in September 2013.

On campus Interviews then On site

Interview Questions
    • Which of the financial Statements is Most important?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Koch Industries in September 2013.

Very comfortable setting. All behavioral type questions.

Process Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Koch Industries.

This was the best interview I have ever been on EVER! I love the way HR is so very efficient and very nice. The process went so quickly that I was in shock. Applied on a thursday, next tuesday I got an email to sign up for an interview. Had my phone interview with an amazing HR lady who made me feel so at ease, and even gave me the company background although I had already researched the company. An hour later, got an email to schedule my final onsite interview. The next day I got a call from a different HR lady who helped me schedule my flight and hotel. My final interview was even more amazing. They treat you like a star and like you are a real person. The entire process was very friendly and very helpful. First had a quick meeting with HR when I arrived, followed by four 45 minute interviews. They fedex you a packet of information and a visa (so you don't have to do those annoying expense reports). All the interviewers were managers, and were more interested in learning about you rather than just drilling you with 50 interview questions, although obviously i strongly recommend looking at a list of common interview questions so you can translate your own stories easily (monster.com 100 commonly asked interview questions)

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to describe my senior design project..it had been a while, so it was a bit troubling to recall what I did.
      monster.com interview questions
        Answer Question
    20 minute meeting with HR repiew to resentative after the interview to negotiate salary, so be prepared. They are VERY generous, and gave me a LOT LOT LOT more than I even asked for.

Business Development Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Koch Industries.

In my experience, I applied for the position online and received a phone call within a few days. The phone call was to schedule a phone interview or have it then if I was available and I was. The call was approximately forty-five minutes long and covered a high level of skills and experience. After that, I was called in for an in-person interview. Upon arrival, I met with 4 or 5 current employees for around thirty minutes each.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation you have experienced where you had made a decision but were overruled but your decision turned out to be ther right one and how you handled it?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate vacation time.

I applied online – interviewed at Koch Industries.

It took several weeks after applying to them, to hear anything back. First interview was a phone interview very informal, went over the information in my resume, and they asked a few simple questions of me regarding my work experience, and the type of work I enjoyed doing. At the end they asked if I had any questions, and after that, they said they would get back with me in a week or so, to see how they wanted to proceed.

Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Koch Industries in March 2013.

I found out about the job through a recruiter. Pretty standard procedure for the type of work. I didn't interview until a few weeks later due to my travel schedule. Not really in the job hunt but Koch is a chemical leader so had to see what they had to offer.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you had difficulty with culture in the work place?   Answer Question