Koch Industries Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 19, 2014
54 interviews

3.4

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Koch Industries in September 2013.

Very comfortable setting. All behavioral type questions.

Project Director Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Koch Industries.

Interviewed at Flint Hills resources, staff was professional, however Human Resource personnel were not readily available and/or friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Questions had nothing to do with what the position was about.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Koch Industries.

This was the best interview I have ever been on EVER! I love the way HR is so very efficient and very nice. The process went so quickly that I was in shock. Applied on a thursday, next tuesday I got an email to sign up for an interview. Had my phone interview with an amazing HR lady who made me feel so at ease, and even gave me the company background although I had already researched the company. An hour later, got an email to schedule my final onsite interview. The next day I got a call from a different HR lady who helped me schedule my flight and hotel. My final interview was even more amazing. They treat you like a star and like you are a real person. The entire process was very friendly and very helpful. First had a quick meeting with HR when I arrived, followed by four 45 minute interviews. They fedex you a packet of information and a visa (so you don't have to do those annoying expense reports). All the interviewers were managers, and were more interested in learning about you rather than just drilling you with 50 interview questions, although obviously i strongly recommend looking at a list of common interview questions so you can translate your own stories easily (monster.com 100 commonly asked interview questions)

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to describe my senior design project..it had been a while, so it was a bit troubling to recall what I did.
      monster.com interview questions
        Answer Question
    20 minute meeting with HR repiew to resentative after the interview to negotiate salary, so be prepared. They are VERY generous, and gave me a LOT LOT LOT more than I even asked for.

Business Development Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Koch Industries.

In my experience, I applied for the position online and received a phone call within a few days. The phone call was to schedule a phone interview or have it then if I was available and I was. The call was approximately forty-five minutes long and covered a high level of skills and experience. After that, I was called in for an in-person interview. Upon arrival, I met with 4 or 5 current employees for around thirty minutes each.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation you have experienced where you had made a decision but were overruled but your decision turned out to be ther right one and how you handled it?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate vacation time.

I interviewed online - interviewed at Koch Industries.

It took several weeks after applying to them, to hear anything back. First interview was a phone interview very informal, went over the information in my resume, and they asked a few simple questions of me regarding my work experience, and the type of work I enjoyed doing. At the end they asked if I had any questions, and after that, they said they would get back with me in a week or so, to see how they wanted to proceed.

Business Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Koch Industries in February 2013.

Applied online. Was notified by call for first round interview. All behavioral questions, not a single one was technical. Asked questions such as "name a time when you failed", or "name a time when you had to work on a team and something bad happened?". The interviewer basically went through a set number of questions.

Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Koch Industries.

The interview is pretty standard, it takes about 6 hours. The people are the manager and the colleagues to work in future. The questions typical standard behavior questions. If one employer asked one time, you ask your interviewer to ask different one.

Human Resource Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Koch Industries in January 2010.

They take it seriously! Interviewers receive extensive training. Questions asked are purposeful.
    You meet 4-5 of your peers while interviewing. The interview process is 4 hours long.

Interview Questions
    • None were that difficult but were regarding past work experiences. Recalling specific information can be difficult when you are nervous. They really seem to want to get to know you.   Answer Question
    Easy - they gave me a fair offer.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Koch Industries in April 2008.

The hiring and interview process is fairly traditional. I had an initial phone screen that then lead to an onsite visit and set of interviews. They lean very heavily on the behavior-based interview process, so have plenty of good stories to pull from when you interview with them.
    It took a little longer than expected to hear back regarding whether an offer was forthcoming or not.