Kofax

Updated Oct 20, 2014
Updated Oct 20, 2014

2.9

Senior Sales Position Interview

Don't loose your time on Kofax. Interviews take a lot of your time. They will tell you that they want to hire you and then they become unprofessionally silent. Move on.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Kofax.

Initial communication was with HR - background/history, what you are looking for, what is your current status. Fairly normal questions from HR - non-technical.

Interview Questions
    • The technical interview was very academic and were shot out very rapid fire. This line is more-or-less the filtering out of the technically inept.... What does "Final" mean? What is OOP? Compare and contrast abstract and interface...   View Answer

Communications Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kofax in October 2013.

Easy interview process. Initial phone interview with recruiter who immediately set up an in-person interview with the hiring manager. On site interview schedule was standard. After submitting social media, writing and reporting samples I received a second interview onsite. I heard back from the recruiter a few days after that.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kofax in June 2013.

I was contacted by an independent recruiter about a presales position. I initially declined to be interviewed but when he called back a couple of months later I chose to take the interview.
    The recruiter put me in touch with company HR. They did a quick screen to verify my compensation expectations before having me speak with the hiring manager.
    I spoke with the hiring manager on the phone before meeting him in person at lunch about a week later. Concurrently I had another interview process in flight and told Kofax I need to pick up the pace if they were interested.
    The VP called the next day and I had an offer by the end of the week.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing I was asked was especially unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question
    Be honest about what you need in order to consider the position. I told them the salary and commission/bonus I needed to take the role and they met it. No haggling was required

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kofax.

The phone interview process was standard. A conversation with the recruiter followed by one with the hiring manager. They both were quick to respond to emails (more on that below). The in-person interview was okay - the schedule was messed up by the recruiter but seemed to be a simple mistake. No worries there. The format of the interviews were a series of one-on-ones followed by a panel discussion with the day to day team. Everyone was nice and asked fairly straightforward questions.

Here's the problem with the experience. I followed up with a note to the entire team (6 people) the day after the interview, thanking them and provided additional samples. No response from anyone. Sent email to recruiter 3 days later. No response. Sent email to hiring manager & recruiter 2 days later. No response. Finally called the recruiter 2 days later and left a voicemail. Received a call back a couple hours later (on a voicemail to me) saying they had moved forward with another candidate.

I honestly don't care about not moving forward in the process, and I'm cool with not being the best person for the job, but that's just a very crappy hiring practice to not respond at all. Unfortunately one would assume that must be how they treat people.

Professional Services Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kofax in April 2013.

I applied for this role through Dice.Intially was contacted from HR team.That phone call was around 15-20 mins , have to tell about your background.
    The next round was another phone interview with one of the managers.Mostly behavorial questions,like which was your toughest day in work, how did you handle it.
    Was called for 1:1 interview for four hours.
    Was interviewd by 5 people from the team each taking atleast 30 min -45 min.
    Couple of them asked technical questions.If you now the technical stuff its easy.Some behavorial questions.
    one person was explaining about the the prject flow.It was pretty interesting.
    I was confident that I would be given offer.
    The HR told would contact me in 2 days.They didnt do that.I sent a mail after the week from the interview, she was kind enough to reply back.

SAP Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Kofax in November 2011.

I had my doubts about this place right after I walked in a saw the work environment. It was dead...no sign of life at all. The cube walls were high so I couldn't see any people. But the conference room was right across from the cubes and I never heard a peep. I like a place with some activity and signs that people are friendly.

In terms of the interview:
    I always had a very strong reputation of being a good developer and problem solver. I was always considered a top contributor. SAP is huge system and it's much more important to know how to get the right information to resolve an issue versus being able to supply definitions of SAP terms of the top of your head. The interview style of Kofax requires interview candidates to know random and obscure information, none of which you would be required to know in a real job. When I asked the interviewer to give me an example of something in order to clarify his question, he got angry and just moved on to the next question. There was a huge language barrier as well, which made communicating very difficult. I was thrown one question after another for 45 minutes straight. There was absolutely no conversation or discussions about such things as previous projects I had done. Basically, this guy just googled "SAP ABAP interview questions". Even after the ones I answered correctly, he had no response - he just moved on to the next one. After meeting with this person, another software engineer came in and asked me to code the Fibonacci sequence. At this point, I felt frustrated and drained from the 1st guy and when this girl just sat and stared at me while I was attempted to write the code on paper, my brain just shut down. I was about 90% complete, but couldn't get that last 10%. I knew I would never want to work at this company as I would want a much more fun and professional group to work with. I told her I was done and wasn't going to complete it ( I wanted to just walk out to be honest). She made me feel like a loser and wasn't nice about it at all.

I had never been through an interview where it was strictly a test and no conversation at all. It was strange.

I know 2 other people who had horrible interview experiences here as well.

Interview Questions
    • Write a program to produce the algorithm for the Fibonacci sequence.   View Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Kofax in January 2011.

This was a long process. I completed a phone screen with the hiring manager prior to Christmas. The hiring manager was fantastic. Lots of similar points of view on how to run a department. I was brought in for a face to face meeting in January and met with five people which went very well. In February, I was brought in again to meet with another four people. The experience was a good one. I think one of that locations best resources are their people. They have alot of team members that have stayed with the company a very long time. The intervew was great. I lost to someone with more domain experience.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think all departments in the company should have exposure to the customers?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kofax in February 2010.

The phone screening was ok, it was not that difficult couple of OO questions and i was through. The 1:1 went on for about 2 hours and they were intrested in problem solving, OO design and hands on experience in coding. More questions were asked about solving web based application issues.

Senior Release Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Kofax in December 2009.

Like most average companies you first have the first round of interviews via phone. I passed the interview with the manager but failed to get past the group interview consisting of the managers team. In my conversation with the team I realized virtually none of them knew a thing about Release/Config mang. They seemed to get intimidated by my responses and actually ended my interview early. Now I'm not trying to place blame or seek revenge. Its just that I am truly shocked by the lack of professionalism that I feel I need to post here to warn others from considering Kofax. If possible try to get in contact with ex-employees of Kofax. After my experience with them I actually discovered two ex employees in my organization and heard a lot of negative things.

Interview Questions
    • How does your organization use SCM tools? What methodology do you use to manage code? How do you support parallel development?   Answer Question