Kofax SAP Developer Interview Questions & Reviews

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

SAP Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bedford, MA
Anonymous Employee in Bedford, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at Kofax in November 2011.

I had my doubts about this place right after I walked in a saw the work environment. It was dead...no sign of life at all. The cube walls were high so I couldn't see any people. But the conference room was right across from the cubes and I never heard a peep. I like a place with some activity and signs that people are friendly.

In terms of the interview:
I always had a very strong reputation of being a good developer and problem solver. I was always considered a top contributor. SAP is huge system and it's much more important to know how to get the right information to resolve an issue versus being able to supply definitions of SAP terms of the top of your head. The interview style of Kofax requires interview candidates to know random and obscure information, none of which you would be required to know in a real job. When I asked the interviewer to give me an example of something in order to clarify his question, he got angry and just moved on to the next question. There was a huge language barrier as well, which made communicating very difficult. I was thrown one question after another for 45 minutes straight. There was absolutely no conversation or discussions about such things as previous projects I had done. Basically, this guy just googled "SAP ABAP interview questions". Even after the ones I answered correctly, he had no response - he just moved on to the next one. After meeting with this person, another software engineer came in and asked me to code the Fibonacci sequence. At this point, I felt frustrated and drained from the 1st guy and when this girl just sat and stared at me while I was attempted to write the code on paper, my brain just shut down. I was about 90% complete, but couldn't get that last 10%. I knew I would never want to work at this company as I would want a much more fun and professional group to work with. I told her I was done and wasn't going to complete it ( I wanted to just walk out to be honest). She made me feel like a loser and wasn't nice about it at all.

I had never been through an interview where it was strictly a test and no conversation at all. It was strange.

I know 2 other people who had horrible interview experiences here as well.

Interview Questions
  • Write a program to produce the algorithm for the Fibonacci sequence.   View Answer

Worked for Kofax? Contribute to the Community!