Kohl's Ad Set Associate Interview Questions

1.8

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Ad Set Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Kohl's in October 2011.

I was interviewed around October. It was a group interview and they went around the room asking questions.

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Ad Set Associate Interview

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's.

One interview with a manager, immediately placed in position, aprox four hours of computer training after an afternoon orientation.

No negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toledo, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Kohl's in May 2012.

I applied online at snagajob.com. I received a call for an interview at Kohls a couple of days later. I was told on the phone that it was a group interview. When I arrived I went to customer service and I was told I was the only one being interviewed. That was a relief since I hate group interviews. Since I applied online I had to fill out another application and reference sheet. I was glad that I came here to glassdoor before hand or I wouldn't have known to bring information to fill out application. I interviewed with the store manager who was very nice. The interview consisted of the manager explaining the job and what the store is like and I was asked only two interview questions (Why do you want to work for Kohls? Name a time you experienced good customer service). The manager told me they will let know if I got the job in 1 week because store policy is that they have to do a background and reference check. I'll find out tomorrow if I got the position but by how well the interview went I suspect that they will hire me. The interview was easy. If you're going to interview at Kohls just remember that customer service is #1 to them. Always smile and be comfortable or pretend to be.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Kohl's?   View Answer
    • Name a time that you experienced great customer service   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Huntersville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntersville, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in May 2012.

Applied for Ad set associate through snagajob and was emailed an interview time slot about a couple of weeks later. The email sent to me was also sent to 6 other people, so I knew it was going to be a group interview. I had to email the HR manager and the store's email address to confirm my interview time. It was barely an interview the HR manager had everybody in the employees' back room and she talked a little bit about herself and the company. She said they were hiring for cashiers, which isn't the same as ad set associate. I wasn't happy about that. We filled out more paperwork and that was it. A few days later I received a courtesy email saying they wasn't going to hire me. Most likely it was because of my availability. I dressed business casual unlike the other interviewees, but hey I didn't want to be a cashier anyway.

Interview Questions
    • Wasn't asked any real questions. Are you comfortable with being a cashier?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Southaven, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southaven, MS

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Kohl's in March 2012.

I was a re-hire due to the fact that I was working this position before relocating to the area. I was asked a few questions such as how long I've worked for Kohl's and what positions I've had. I was asked if I would be interested in a Supervisor position within a few weeks after hire.

Interview Questions
    • Why had I never had an Ad Set Supervisor position before?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Madison, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, AL

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Kohl's in January 2012.

I was called to come in for an interview. It consisted of situational questions such as "Tell me a time you went abouve and beyond at work?" The interviewer was very upbeat but informal. They called the next day to set up a second interview with a different manager. I was basically the same format but different questions. She set up my drug test for the following Monday. I didn't hear anything until Thursday. I was offered the job and went in for orientation the following day and started the next. I've only worked 2 days so far but everyone is really nice. I am doing ad set overnight so its very laid back with virtually no dress code.

Interview Questions
    minimum wage + $1.50 overnight premium. Not much room for negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Northville, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northville, MI

A group interview, the setting encourages group interaction, more gregarious personalities. If you say nothing, or if you wait too long to let your voice be heard, you will not get a callback.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of "change of plans" or "flexiblily". How willing are you to change your present course of action?   View Answer
    • What is the most important feature of a team environment?   View Answer
    As a seasonal employee, the negotiation phase at this stage has not been established.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in September 2011.

The group interview wasn't stressful at all. Applicants weren't pressured to give an response to each question (about 10 total). Quick interview with the store manager followed and that was relaxed as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Kohl's in August 2011.

There was some sort of test with the online reservation, but I don't know how I would classify it.

My first mistake was thinking that any good could come from an open interview process to staff a new store.

I arrived on-time, check in was easy. Felt a bit overdressed, the confirmation for the interview stated business professional and I guess I didn't realize that now included flip-flops. As I waited for my group to be called, I felt pretty confident about my chances.

In the group interview they would ask a question, and then everyone would answer the same question. They would start with a different person each time. None of them were difficult questions at all, and you were pretty unlucky to be at the end of the line on a question because whatever brilliant thing that you thought you were going to say had already been said five times.

After they asked their question, we had an opportunity to ask questions and then the two interviews went into the hall. From there, they called us out one by one. When I got out they asked a few more specific questions and sent me on my way. At the point, I figured I didn't get it because while we were waiting people from previous interviews were being herded back in for additional paperwork. I really would have rather got to live in the fantasy that I was finally going to be working again for a few more days. Especially in light of the fact, that they were slated to interview 1000+ people over the next several days.

I don't know how you effectively find people with that sort of mob interview. The process actually completely changed my opinion of Kohl's as a store. I can't take their associates seriously.

I guess next time I wear my flipflops.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lacey, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lacey, WA

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Kohl's in July 2011.

I applied for the Ad Set Associate job on Snagajob.com and then I got a call on my home phone to interview the very next day. I was prepared for the interview because I came to glassdoor.com. If I hadn’t I would have been surprised by the group interview…and I mean there were 6 interviewees and 2 interviewers. The interviewers were positive and friendly and put everyone at ease. I got the sense that they were most interested in everyone’s availability to work. They asked everyone the same questions and there were only 6 questions (I think) but they were really easy. They asked, what would you do if you saw a fellow co-worker stealing and what should happen to that person? What types of environment to you prefer to work in, fast pace versus slow? Are you comfortable soliciting credit? It was all very common sense stuff. I think it is important to go in there and exude confidence and the ability to communicate effectively. Everyone who works there seems comfortable striking up a conversation and have outgoing personalities.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you saw a fellow co-worker stealing and what should happen to that person?   View Answer
    • What do you feel about the statement, the customer is always right?   View Answer

It is important to note that I WOULD have taken the job. I live out in the middle of nowhere and I don’t get cellphone reception and I didn’t think that would matter because they contacted me on my home phone for an interview. I didn’t realize until a week later when I was in town that they actually tried to call me in and offer me a job TWICE on my cellphone. I was really bummed about that. I tried to touch base with the manager but she never called me back. So make sure to check all methods for which you put down for contact information!

Worked for Kohl's? Contribute to the Community!