Kohl's Any Interview Questions

1.8

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Any Interview

When applying for any Retail job often you will be evaluated by the speed in which you walk into the interview. If you approach a manager at an energetic pace it will be assumed your energy level will match what is needed to endure a long day on your feet.

Interview Questions
  • How would you handle the following. Phone ringing, 5 customers lined-up, and a frantic women announces she can not find her child. What do you do and in what order?   View Answer
Two rounds of interviewing. Very tight on their salary ranges/hourly pay based on position.

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kingwood, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingwood, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Kohl's in July 2010.

I pretty much just showed up in a suit saying I had filled out an online application and asking if we could schedule an interview. The manager at the time did the interview right on the spot. I don't remember any specifically hard questions or even questions about what I would do in certain scenarios like most interviews. She just asked me about my work experience and about myself. Should have known not to take the job- turned out to be the worst job I've ever had. (6 jobs in my lifetime) They literally will hire anyone and rarely fire the people they actually should. I worked there for 2 years and got a 20 cent raise with no explaination in an evaluation (max raise is 25 cents I've heard...). If you are looking for a job where you will be treated like absolute scum of the earth from management, then I guess this is the job for you. I

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation, they asked if I would work for minimum wage (whatever it was at that time). I need a job, so I agreed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wheaton, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wheaton, IL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Kohl's in October 2011.

I applied for Kohl's through Snagajob.com and received a call back two days later. I was asked to come in for a group interview. The interview consisted of approximately seven other applicants and two managers. We were taken to a small room located in the upstairs portion of the store. We all sat in a circle and was asked the same six questions one by one by one. The answers were often similar, but I guess that was to be expected. The whole process took a little over an hour. They called me back a few weeks later and offer me a POS position.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. They pay minimum wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Texarkana, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Texarkana, TX

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Kohl's in March 2010.

The questions seemed typical: Why Kohl's? What should happen if an employee is caught stealing? Do you prefer to work alone or in a group?

I think I remember a question regarding what rules you disliked in your previous workplace or school.

Interview Questions
    I can't remember how long it took, but eventually a call was received that specified the salary and when to show up for orientation.

Any Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Kohl's in May 2009.

I had a group interview with about 10 other people all in chairs around the outer part of tables with the managers in front of us asking questions. The first person to the right answered the question first and then everyone would answer and the next question the second person answered first and so on. The key the managers were looking for is originality. It may be hard to do, but you have to really think on your feet and prepare ahead of time for some of the more challenging questions they may ask. I had the initial interview and then they let some people go home and right after a few of us stayed for a second interview that was 1:1, asking more personalized questions such as what department would you be interested in working, what is your availability, are you willing to work weekends? It pretty much meant I had the job but they needed to finalize some paperwork. Two days later I get a call to start training the following day. The main advice I have is to be confident and creative with your answers. There will probably be someone that always has the same answer as you do, but just elaborate on what they have to say and make it your own.

Interview Questions
    • If you saw an associate stealing $5 worth of merchandise what would you do?   View Answer
    • How do you feel about soliciting Kohls charge cards?   View Answer

Any Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in May 2010.

Did an application online but hadn't heard from the store so i went in person. I filled out an application that day and spoke with the manager. I got an interview a little over a week later. Yesterday made 1 week since my interview. I am now awaiting a call to know whether or not I will become a Kohl's employee.

Interview Questions

Worked for Kohl's? Contribute to the Community!