Kohl's

2.7

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jensen Beach, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jensen Beach, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in January 2014.

Applied online. Was called about a month later. Interviewed with store manager. Interview was very informative and went very well, lasted over an hour.

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Area Supervisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kohl's.

It was a very laid back interview process. The first interview was with two of the assistant store managers. The second interview was with the store manager. Both interviews consisted of your standard interview questions, like how you would handle certain customer or associate situations. All in all it was a very pleasant interview experience.

Area Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kohl's in May 2013.

Applied for multiple positions online. Was called a week later and asked to come in for an interview the next day. I arrived at Kohl's and was taken into the assistant manager's office. She told me I was being interviewed for an area supervisor position, which made me very excited. She explained the job, the duties, and asked me if I had any questions for her before we moved on. She then went on to the interview questions.

I have not received an offer as of yet.
    She told me she would give me a call within 10 days to let me know if I got the job or not, or to come in for another interview.
    UPDATE**** NEVER received a call or email back from Kohls to let me know if I had the job or not OR to even offer me a POS cashier job (as she stated). I find that rude.

Interview Questions
    • None. Very typical interview questions, such as:
      Why do you want to work at Kohl's? How do you define customer service? Tell me about a time you went above and beyond to satisfy a customer. Tell me about a time where you could have handled a situation with a customer better. What did you like and dislike about your previous job? etc.....
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jonesboro, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jonesboro, AR

I applied in-person – interviewed at Kohl's in September 2012.

Went threw MIT Pogram did not accept offer, was placed as a area supervisor

Interview Questions
    No negotation, take it or leave it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, NC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's in May 2012.

Group interview- Interviews were held at an area hotel, there were 5 out of 8 show up. Questions involved retail experience and what companies had we worked for in the past. One questions was given an they wanted an individual response from each candidate. one being how to drive metric number and boost credit card sign ups.

Interview Questions
    • How would you drive your cashiers for credit cards?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kohl's in May 2010.

They would not have hired me if my friend had not recommended me so highly.

Interview Questions
    They were not willing to negotiate with me on anything.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kohl's in June 2009.

I went to the store as I had worked there before and was currently at a different location. I inquired about any full-time positions available and was told the Area Supervisor position was open for hardlines. I talked to another manager who passed on my interest. The store manager called me a day or so later and we set up a time to sit down and discuss things. We talked about my current position, which was an Ad-Set supervisor... then the store manager asked me basic interview questions...

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer
    • Why should we hire you for this position?   View Answer
    Actually, I was at a point in my life where I just need a full-time job and wasn't concerned with the pay... It was a nice increase from my previous position, though.