Kohl's Area Supervisor Interview Questions

Updated Jun 8, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Jensen Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kohl's (Jensen Beach, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Was called about a month later. Interviewed with store manager. Interview was very informative and went very well, lasted over an hour.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Area Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

It was a very laid back interview process. The first interview was with two of the assistant store managers. The second interview was with the store manager. Both interviews consisted of your standard interview questions, like how you would handle certain customer or associate situations. All in all it was a very pleasant interview experience.

Area Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kohl's in May 2013.

Interview

Applied for multiple positions online. Was called a week later and asked to come in for an interview the next day. I arrived at Kohl's and was taken into the assistant manager's office. She told me I was being interviewed for an area supervisor position, which made me very excited. She explained the job, the duties, and asked me if I had any questions for her before we moved on. She then went on to the interview questions. I have not received an offer as of yet. She told me she would give me a call within 10 days to let me know if I got the job or not, or to come in for another interview. UPDATE**** NEVER received a call or email back from Kohls to let me know if I had the job or not OR to even offer me a POS cashier job (as she stated). I find that rude.

Interview Questions

• None. Very typical interview questions, such as: Why do you want to work at Kohl's? How do you define customer service? Tell me about a time you went above and beyond to satisfy a customer. Tell me about a time where you could have handled a situation with a customer better. What did you like and dislike about your previous job? etc.....   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jonesboro, AR

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Kohl's (Jonesboro, AR) in September 2012.

Interview

Went threw MIT Pogram did not accept offer, was placed as a area supervisor

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotation, take it or leave it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Kohl's (Huntsville, AL) in July 2012.

Interview

Group interview we were lined up in chairs against wall they were sitting at a table store manager and loss prevention asked questions...listen to question carefully to be able to answer them accurately try not to say what the last person said he original

Interview Questions

• What would you do to treat a customer with the best service when problems arise...really big on customer service and what you can bring to the table for that   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's (Jacksonville, NC) in May 2012.

Interview

Group interview- Interviews were held at an area hotel, there were 5 out of 8 show up. Questions involved retail experience and what companies had we worked for in the past. One questions was given an they wanted an individual response from each candidate. one being how to drive metric number and boost credit card sign ups.

Interview Questions

• How would you drive your cashiers for credit cards?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kohl's (Sacramento, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

They would not have hired me if my friend had not recommended me so highly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They were not willing to negotiate with me on anything.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Kohl's (Madison, WI) in June 2009.

Interview

I went to the store as I had worked there before and was currently at a different location. I inquired about any full-time positions available and was told the Area Supervisor position was open for hardlines. I talked to another manager who passed on my interest. The store manager called me a day or so later and we set up a time to sit down and discuss things. We talked about my current position, which was an Ad-Set supervisor... then the store manager asked me basic interview questions...

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer
    • Why should we hire you for this position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Actually, I was at a point in my life where I just need a full-time job and wasn't concerned with the pay... It was a nice increase from my previous position, though.