Kohl's Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2015

2.8

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

About a month process - Got invited for an interview, two weeks later, interview process went great. Got asked to come in for a final interview, which was about two weeks after the first interview. Had to complete an assessment that included behavioral assessment about yourself and some statistic problems. Had a great time at the final interview, which included a case study as a group interview that was pretty easy to solve and had to present it to regional VP and district managers. Had one-on-one interview with the regional VP and one of the district managers and I can not stress enough how nice these ladies were. They were amazing ladies.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult part was allowing the other interviewers getting the chance to talk while trying to stand out also.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

It was quick and to the point. Interviewed with two different people and was given an offer soon after. There is no discussion of placement on pay. It was to the point.

Negotiation

None

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

There weren't any trick questions - everything is pretty boilerplate about weaknesses and strenghts, past experience, etc. There are two rounds you must go through, and the interviewers are pretty friendly and straightforward. The best way to prepare is just to google typical interview questions and think about how you'd answer, based off your resume.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You are not able to negotiate salary - it is determined by cost of living in your location.

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kohl's (Champaign, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

Campus interview which I had to conduct a on on one interview with a rep from Kohls. Was in a room separate from other interviewees and went over my resume and skills.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Group interview well versed. Lots of questions regarding the customer and how to handle certain situations. Two managers at a time and grand opening new store. Looked for leads and people with certain skills. Smile and eye contact biggest attributes

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a conflict with a customer/associate?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Started as a Manager-In-Training interview was completed on campus, 3 1-1 interview and a group interview portion. These seems like similar questions managerial based, team based questions, leadership and behavior questions as well. Group portion was acting as a management team and prioritizing tasks together to rank importance.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No room for negotiation, signing bonus of 2k

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

2 interviews- one with recruiter, one with DM. Was quite a long process. I had to contact HR a number of times before they got back to me.

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

College Recruiting Interview, very friendly, and asked normal behavioral and scenario questions.

Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kohl's (Athens, GA) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview questions were very direct and straight-forward. They were customer service oriented and leadership skills were questioned often. It was a conversational type of interview with many questions. The overall experience was 3 day long process of interviews 1:1 and phone calls.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the leadership positions you've held in the past?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kohl's (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Apply through Corp. site, phone interview with regional talent recruiter assistant, phone interview with regional talent recruiter, face to face with market DM.

Interview Questions

• What happens when I hire you and six months from now you hate it here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer was 8.5% over my salary at the time, I did not negotiate.