Kohl's

Average Difficulty
20 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Kohl's

Interview Details – 2 interviews- one with recruiter, one with DM. Was quite a long process. I had to contact HR a number of times before they got back to me.

Interview Question – Typical management questions   Answer Question

Tempe, AZ

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details – College Recruiting Interview, very friendly, and asked normal behavioral and scenario questions.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details – Apply through Corp. site, phone interview with regional talent recruiter assistant, phone interview with regional talent recruiter, face to face with market DM.

Interview Question – What happens when I hire you and six months from now you hate it here?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The offer was 8.5% over my salary at the time, I did not negotiate.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Glassboro, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in March 2012.

Interview Details – series of two interviews. communication through email and phone. very personable and friendly

Interview Question – Name a time when you had a difficult situation with a co worker   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate

Assistant Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Kohl's in June 2011.

Interview Details – First a phone interview, then I met with H/R after that I interviewed with District Manager and store manager

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details – Long process. Lack of communication once hired. Training was great. They do put a lot into their training which is nice.

Interview Question – Pretty much all standard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I should have asked for a lot more.

Assistant Store Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details – Organized question with district management

Interview Question – Ability to relate real world experience to driving credit and customer service   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very black and white. Most management brought in at given pay level

Jacksonville, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kohl's in February 2010.

Interview Details – I first applied through my college class. I applied online and got an email to set up a phone interview two days from then. The phone interview was about an hour long, I was asked mostly behavioral questions. After that I was called back for a group interview. It was with three employer of Kohl's and 5 other candidates. That was also about an hour long and they were more situational questions. After that I was put straight through that same day to have a one-on-one with the District Manager. I received a call within that week with a job offer.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time you disagreed with your boss and how you handled the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You have to be relocatable, that is non-negotiable, but they do a GREAT job of getting you in the area you want to be. Depending on experience you can discuss pay.

Lakewood, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Kohl's in May 2009.

Interview Details – Interview process was alright. Had a phone interview with company recruiter and right after that she set up an interview with store manager at the location I was being hired for. When I finished my interview with the SM I was interviewed by District Manger.

Interview Question – I would say the most difficult interview questions are when being asked to give an specific example of what you would do in certain situations.   Answer Question

Huntersville, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Kohl's in January 2009.

Interview Details – Felt very comfortable, and at home about the interview process.

Interview Question – Why should I employ you for this job.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was normal. Great people to deal with.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kohl's

Worked for Kohl's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kohl's Assistant Store Manager interview questions and advice. All 20 interview reviews posted anonymously by Kohl's employees and interview candidates.