Kohl's

Updated Nov 9, 2014

2.8

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's.

About a month process - Got invited for an interview, two weeks later, interview process went great. Got asked to come in for a final interview, which was about two weeks after the first interview. Had to complete an assessment that included behavioral assessment about yourself and some statistic problems. Had a great time at the final interview, which included a case study as a group interview that was pretty easy to solve and had to present it to regional VP and district managers. Had one-on-one interview with the regional VP and one of the district managers and I can not stress enough how nice these ladies were. They were amazing ladies.

Interview Questions
  • Most difficult part was allowing the other interviewers getting the chance to talk while trying to stand out also.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Assistant Store Manager Interview

It was quick and to the point. Interviewed with two different people and was given an offer soon after. There is no discussion of placement on pay. It was to the point.

None

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's.

There weren't any trick questions - everything is pretty boilerplate about weaknesses and strenghts, past experience, etc. There are two rounds you must go through, and the interviewers are pretty friendly and straightforward. The best way to prepare is just to google typical interview questions and think about how you'd answer, based off your resume.

Interview Questions
    You are not able to negotiate salary - it is determined by cost of living in your location.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Kohl's.

Group interview well versed. Lots of questions regarding the customer and how to handle certain situations. Two managers at a time and grand opening new store. Looked for leads and people with certain skills. Smile and eye contact biggest attributes

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had a conflict with a customer/associate?   View Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Kohl's.

Started as a Manager-In-Training interview was completed on campus, 3 1-1 interview and a group interview portion. These seems like similar questions managerial based, team based questions, leadership and behavior questions as well. Group portion was acting as a management team and prioritizing tasks together to rank importance.

No room for negotiation, signing bonus of 2k

Assistant Store Manager Interview

2 interviews- one with recruiter, one with DM. Was quite a long process. I had to contact HR a number of times before they got back to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's.

College Recruiting Interview, very friendly, and asked normal behavioral and scenario questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kohl's.

Apply through Corp. site, phone interview with regional talent recruiter assistant, phone interview with regional talent recruiter, face to face with market DM.

Interview Questions
    • What happens when I hire you and six months from now you hate it here?   View Answer
    The offer was 8.5% over my salary at the time, I did not negotiate.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's.

Long process. Lack of communication once hired. Training was great. They do put a lot into their training which is nice.

Interview Questions
    I should have asked for a lot more.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Organized question with district management

Interview Questions
    • Ability to relate real world experience to driving credit and customer service   View Answer
    Very black and white. Most management brought in at given pay level