Kohl's

Average Difficulty
21 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details – Group meeting. Group Q&A Session. Managers just did 99% of the talking. Were broken into teams to "find" items in the store. Very informal and unprofessional. Everyone was hired. Most didn't work out. I took it because I just needed a job, any job.

Interview Question – Not really questioned about anything.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none. You are paid minimum wage, not a dime more.

Oakland, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kohl's in September 2010.

Interview Details – Typically, the interview is a group interview, so there is no need to freak out. They hire seasonally and keep those who their job done effectively while providing good customer service. Multi-tasking is also a major part of this job. Overall, if asked, the customers satisfaction is most important, and if you have something you want to talk about with a supervisor/manager, don't be afraid to ask! communication is important in every job/relationship/ etc.

Monument, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in October 2010.

Interview Details – Clear process. They prepare you fairly, they interview you fairly..., they give you an offer.

Interview Question – Straight-forward interview process. If you know who you are, it's not a tough interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They don't negotiate. It's simple hire for a basic job based on lawful minimums.

Associate

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kohl's in September 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online and had group interview. Received a call with offer

Interview Question – Describe a time when you provided great customer service   View Answer

Oceanside, CA

I applied in-person and interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details – Written application and brief interview. No experience required.

Murrieta, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online at snagajob.com. I got a evening phone call, it was pretty last minute, for a group interview the next day. I accepted and went in with about 12-15 people. We started off introducing ourselves and what we did, we were also told the current positions open and which positions we were most interested in applying for. There was only one person interviewing us, though there was supposed to be two. The HR manager also told us it did not matter if the answers we gave were all ready said, she wanted to hear each one of us say at least something. At first I fumbled, because I was the last one to answer a few of the questions, but I tried to use my own experience in the past as well to make my answers more precise. Out of all of us, only one person was not hired and that was because he did not speak much. I tried to answer all the questions to the best of my abilities even if they didn't come out all that original.

Interview Question – Show me, by acting it out or roleplaying or tell me how you would sell a Kohl's card.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They give you your pay rate at orientation

Redlands, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online at snagajob and got a call a few days later. It was a group interview with around 10 other people. It was with one manager, and she would ask a question and everyone got a chance to answer. When you were one of the last ones it was kind of hard to come up with something to make you stand out. Whatever you do, DON'T just copy someone before you! Try your hardest to come up with something new to say. There were lots of people with more experience with me, but I got the job and they didn't because I presented myself better. Make eye contact with everyone, not just the manager, smile, speak clearly -not too fast, and try to make yourself sound like the best employee EVER! By the end of the interview, I was pretty confident. She went outside the room "to check our online applications" and came back and said she had questions for the following people- she named about 5 of us and everyone left. Then she offered the 5 of us a job. So we all filled out the paperwork and I have orientation in a few days.

Interview Question – Tell us about one time you went above and beyond.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate, it's a seasonal job with opportunity to stay on after based on performance.

Hooksett, NH

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Kohl's in October 2009.

Interview Details – The initial interview is generally a group interview. At the end of this interview they may ask you to come back for a second interview, or they will offer you a position and want you to take a drug test.

Interview Question – What is the Kohl's motto?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They tell you what your hourly rate will be based on your experience and the position you have been hired for.

Eden Prairie, MN

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in November 2012.

Interview Details – A complete joke. It was a group interview.

Interview Question – How available are you to work strange hours?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. You're hired at the base rate.

Pasadena, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in May 2013.

Interview Details – You apply on snagajob.com only. The people were pretty good and they are all fairly nice. My only problem was that they were fairly busy when they scheduled my interviews so I ended up sitting for a while waiting.

Interview Question – They were your typical questions during any customer service position interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kohl's

Worked for Kohl's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kohl's Associate interview questions and advice. All 21 interview reviews posted anonymously by Kohl's employees and interview candidates.