Kohl's Associate Interview Questions

Updated Oct 12, 2014

2.0

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kohl's.

Group meeting. Group Q&A Session. Managers just did 99% of the talking. Were broken into teams to "find" items in the store. Very informal and unprofessional. Everyone was hired. Most didn't work out. I took it because I just needed a job, any job.

Interview Questions
There was none. You are paid minimum wage, not a dime more.

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oceanside, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oceanside, CA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Kohl's.

Written application and brief interview. No experience required.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murrieta, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murrieta, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in November 2013.

I applied online at snagajob.com. I got a evening phone call, it was pretty last minute, for a group interview the next day. I accepted and went in with about 12-15 people. We started off introducing ourselves and what we did, we were also told the current positions open and which positions we were most interested in applying for. There was only one person interviewing us, though there was supposed to be two. The HR manager also told us it did not matter if the answers we gave were all ready said, she wanted to hear each one of us say at least something. At first I fumbled, because I was the last one to answer a few of the questions, but I tried to use my own experience in the past as well to make my answers more precise. Out of all of us, only one person was not hired and that was because he did not speak much. I tried to answer all the questions to the best of my abilities even if they didn't come out all that original.

Interview Questions
    • Show me, by acting it out or roleplaying or tell me how you would sell a Kohl's card.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. They give you your pay rate at orientation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redlands, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redlands, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in October 2013.

Applied online at snagajob and got a call a few days later. It was a group interview with around 10 other people. It was with one manager, and she would ask a question and everyone got a chance to answer. When you were one of the last ones it was kind of hard to come up with something to make you stand out. Whatever you do, DON'T just copy someone before you! Try your hardest to come up with something new to say. There were lots of people with more experience with me, but I got the job and they didn't because I presented myself better. Make eye contact with everyone, not just the manager, smile, speak clearly -not too fast, and try to make yourself sound like the best employee EVER! By the end of the interview, I was pretty confident. She went outside the room "to check our online applications" and came back and said she had questions for the following people- she named about 5 of us and everyone left. Then she offered the 5 of us a job. So we all filled out the paperwork and I have orientation in a few days.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about one time you went above and beyond.   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate, it's a seasonal job with opportunity to stay on after based on performance.

Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kohl's.

question and answer on what thought about customer service and how would handle certain situations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in May 2013.

You apply on snagajob.com only. The people were pretty good and they are all fairly nice. My only problem was that they were fairly busy when they scheduled my interviews so I ended up sitting for a while waiting.

Interview Questions
    • They were your typical questions during any customer service position interview.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's.

applied online, three interviews, 1 phone two in person. Easy hire and low training. Learned most things as you go.

Interview Questions
    • none, all questions were normal to retail and customer service.   Answer Question
    None, it is what it is.

Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's.

Application is online. Don't go to apply in store because they will respond rudely. The interview was very simple. About eight people in the room and they ask everyone a few questions while they look over the applications. I was hired the same day and started training the next day.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were standard retail questions. No need to prepare just use common sense.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheyenne, WY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheyenne, WY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's in November 2012.

Very quick and painless. I had friends that already worked there and they really liked so I applied and I got along with every one great so I was a shoo in for the job.
    The interview was done ina group interview, they didn't require refferalls durng the initial applilcation but did for the finsal application after the interview so be prepared.

Interview Questions
    • What is the weirdest thing about your self, that one threw me for a loop when I saw it, i think it is just to lighten the mood.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's in November 2012.

My interview was pretty simple, it was a group interview. Just asked a few questions about what would you do and how did you handle things. If they are interested they will call you back either the same day or the next day,

none