Kohl's Interview Questions in Bakersfield, CA

2.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

POS Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in September 2010.

I applied in person and was called for an interview 2 days later for the next day. I showed up and found out that it was a group interview. We all went into a room and sat down. He would ask a question and anyone could raise their hand to answer it. They were looking for outgoing people who made an effort to get noticed and remembered. Just smile and try to answer as many questions as you can. You have to act like your a people's person or else you wont get the job. Anyways, I called a week later to see if I got the job. They said they were still doing background checks and told me that they will call me. Another week went by and I finally heard back with a job offer to come in to orientation the very next morning. I went to orientation and started less than a week later!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you had to go above and beyond the call of duty.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you were late or would have been late.   View Answer
    no negotiation

POS Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kohl's in June 2010.

It was 1 1/2 months after submitting an application before being called in for an interview. The interview was fairly basic and the interviewer was slightly disorganized but very personable. I was supposed to have a subsequent interview with the manager, but she could not be reached. 3 days later I was called and offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult or unexpected. It was a relaxed interview process with a personable employee who asked questions pertaining to my ability to interact with others, my previous experiences and how it related to the position etc.. All questions seemed reasonable, relevant, and fairly basic considering the job title I was interviewing for. The only aspect that was unexpected was the necessary secondary interviewer was not in the office.   Answer Question

Point of Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kohl's in May 2009.

I was called into an interview and answered scenerio questions with an area manager. I then had a second interview with the manager over the cashiers. All the questions were basic common sense questions that my 10 year old could answer. Hired that day.

Interview Questions
    • Would you report someone if they stole an item that costs less than 5$?   Answer Question
    There were no negotiations. I wanted more than minimum wage (they could only offer .25 over mw). It was take it or leave it for them. There were more people on the list, so they didn't care if I declined or not.