Kohl's

Updated Feb 22, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Effingham, IL
Anonymous Employee in Effingham, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kohl's in August 2008.

Interview was pretty standard, I would say. Was asked questions about when and how I've dealt with difficult people and situations. I had not had a job before, and the interviewer used a condescending tone with me when referring to that fact. I did not answer the questions very well, as I was completely unsure of what to expect and was thus unprepared. He was overall very intimidating, and acted as though I was wasting his time, even though I was trying and did want the job. Would not apply there again, unless it were in a different location.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a situation in which you had to deal with a difficult coworker. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corona, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corona, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in August 2009.

Basic interview once i actually got there. They asked applicable questions. There was a nice packet of paperwork, and we were walked through each part. I applied in person, got a call two weeks later, and interviewed the next day. One week later, they called me and asked if I could come into orientation the next day, without having told me that I was hired. :P I was one of six people picked out of 500.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when someone asked you to do something for them and you could not provide what was asked for. How did you handle the situation?   View Answer

Cashier Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Kohl's in October 2010.

I had an group interview of about 8 people. It was very basic, with questions that you'd expect at an interview.
    She started out by going in order, then jumped around the room asking the same question to every person.
    Everyone had very similar answers, and they all emphasized customer service.
    They then left, and said that they were going to review everyone's applications and make sure they were filled out right.
    They came back in and asked three people to leave, and then called two people in at a time, and offered me a job, and I assume the others.

Interview Questions
    • Can you name a time where you had two conflicting appointments? If so, how did you deal with them?   View Answer
    Since it's seasonal, there is no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Joplin, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Joplin, MO

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Kohl's in April 2010.

I decided to apply for a part-time cashier job at Kohls (in addition to my full-time job) because I enjoy shopping there and thought it might be nice to have some additional income. I filled out the application and they called me two days later for an interview. The woman who interviewed me seemed very friendly and upbeat. However, I indicated on my application that I was interested in part-time and entered all of my hours of availability and yet she asked me questions about if I was leaving my full-time position (no) and if my availability was set in stone (yes). She asked all of the typical retail interview questions, and there seemed to be a big focus on loss prevention and theft. A few days later, I received a phone call that there were problems with my credit history so they could not offer me the position. This was a great mystery to me, as I have zero debt (aside from mortgage and a car payment) and an excellent credit rating with no issues in my credit history of fifteen years. I even did my own credit check at that point with all 3 agencies from fear of identity theft or other issues. Everything looked perfect. But apparently it was not good enough to work part-time at Kohls! Strange.

Interview Questions
    • In the past, when you have seen coworkers stealing from your employer, how did it make you feel?   View Answer
    • Do you feel comfortable going up to customers and starting a conversation with them?   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, AL
    Anonymous Employee in Oxford, AL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Kohl's in March 2009.

This was my very first job interview and I hated it. It was before the kohl's in my hometown had a grand opening and they were having group interviews. I hate group interviews. I wish it was a 1 on 1 interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Summerville, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Summerville, SC

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kohl's in November 2010.

filled out the application online then had to keep calling or going up there to speak with someone

Interview Questions
    • What type of contributions do I think Kohls does for local charities???   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's in October 2010.

Once you submitted an application, they would call you for a group interview which was about 10 people. They had us sit around a big table and asked a bunch of questions (some for people to spontaneously answer and some they went around the room and asked individually). When that was over, if they still wanted you as an employee they would give you another call and offer you a job or a second interview.

Interview Questions
    there was no negotiation. They were hiring for seasonal cashiers around Christmas and i'm know they over-hire around the holidays because some people always quit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, IN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kohl's in October 2014.

1 interview its a group interview ask questions about situations and how do u handle them and how we're your previous jobs and what did u like about them and what u dint like

No negotiateating

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Kohl's.

Phone interviews and then there was a group interview, Hr went around asking all of us the same questions. Most of the questions were behavioral questions. Nothing was too difficult and everyone was nice and polite. Afterwards I got the initial call that I got hired, I started about 1 week later. I was trained the first day and by the next day I was by my own,

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's.

Group interview, very basic but it was obvious they were looking for outspoken people. It was a long interview, i think it took a couple of hours total. We were taken 3 at a time to the office for the final consensus.

Interview Questions
    • What to do if you need to help a customer in another department. Should you leave your area or call someone?   Answer Question