Kohl's

Updated Apr 27, 2014

Average Difficulty
31 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Cashier

I applied online and interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details – The interview was a group interview where the interviewer asked a question then everyone went around and answered the questions one by one. It took maybe 3-7 days to get a callback and training began right away.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions. The usual interview questions were asked regarding how you would be an asset to the company.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Kohl's

Interview Details – noting out of the ordinary, very simple and quick process

Interview Question – basic questions nothing difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Green Bay, WI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kohl's in October 2010.

Interview Details – Once you submitted an application, they would call you for a group interview which was about 10 people. They had us sit around a big table and asked a bunch of questions (some for people to spontaneously answer and some they went around the room and asked individually). When that was over, if they still wanted you as an employee they would give you another call and offer you a job or a second interview.

Interview Question – What would you do if you caught a co-worker stealing?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation. They were hiring for seasonal cashiers around Christmas and i'm know they over-hire around the holidays because some people always quit.

Killeen, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in February 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process was easier than I expected. First, I filled out a job application inside the store. A few days later, I received a phone call from the store manager scheduling the job interview. After the interview with the store manager, I received the job offer in a week.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions during the interview. However, I would suggest one to be able to explain the time intervals in between jobs.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my schedule. The negotiation process was very easy. The management listened to me and made adjustment to accommodate my schedule.

Chula Vista, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details – I applied on snagajob.com and a week later got a call to come in for an interview. When I arrived it was a group setting with about 10 other applicants. We were all asked to introduce ourselves and then they asked 5 questions and went around the room to let each person answer. After the interview we all filled out paperwork . Two weeks later I received a call for a job offer and started the week after with training.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult, only part that was bad was being last to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None.

Woodland Park, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in October 2012.

Interview Details – The online application process that they source through snagajob is painful at best, requires an account to be created and bombards you with ads between pages only to reject you at the end for no reason while giving you more ads. Only after I expressing these concerns to management did they finally yield and give me a paper application to bypass the process.

I was called in for an interview shortly after by a very friendly and personable woman who effortlessly melted any anxiety or pressure you'd normally feel in an interview to the point I felt like I was talking to a friend or family member.

The interview was rather short lived and consisted of a few basic questions such as why do you want to work for this company and if you're willing to work weekends along with confirming my availability.

The only lengthy process was waiting for the background check after the interview to clear.

Negotiation Details – Nothing was negotiable. The woman in charge of the interview as well as the store's HR department presents you with a "take it or leave it" offer stating that this is how everyone at the company starts. It's more than minimum wage and that was enough for me.

Riverside, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in July 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and I called them after 2 weeks just so they know I was really interested. About two weeks later they called me back for an interview which was a few days later. They do two interviews on the first day. One is in a group setting where they ask you about yourself and why you want to work here. Make sure you stand out. Then they send everyone to a room and they call you in one by one. I was the first to be called back. They ask what are some strengths and weaknesses, what would you do in certain situations, and your availability. I got a call back a week later and was hired.

Interview Question – I didn't have a problem with the interview. I thought it was fairly easy and straight forward. People who are probably shy or don't know how to stand out in groups might have a problem.   Answer Question

Summerville, SC

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Kohl's in November 2010.

Interview Details – filled out the application online then had to keep calling or going up there to speak with someone

Interview Question – What type of contributions do I think Kohls does for local charities???   View Answer

Corpus Christi, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details – Straight forward. Went in to get an application. Filled it out. Returned it with resume. They called back within a week.

Interview Question – Pretty simple. No overly weird questions. Just asked about previous retail experience and availability. How would I handle situations with difficult customers?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – In the interview. Told me what pay was and the hours expected. Not really so much a negotiation as more of "take or leave it"

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details – I had a group interview. It was very short there was only a few questions that were pretty much the normal interview questions. Got a call a few days later.

Interview Question – Explain a time where you had a conflict at work and how it was resolved   Answer Question

Worked for Kohl's? Contribute to the Community!