Kohl's Cashier Interview Questions

2.0

33 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Corpus Christi, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Kohl's.

Straight forward. Went in to get an application. Filled it out. Returned it with resume. They called back within a week.

Interview Questions
  • Pretty simple. No overly weird questions. Just asked about previous retail experience and availability. How would I handle situations with difficult customers?   Answer Question
In the interview. Told me what pay was and the hours expected. Not really so much a negotiation as more of "take or leave it"

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's.

I had a group interview. It was very short there was only a few questions that were pretty much the normal interview questions. Got a call a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where you had a conflict at work and how it was resolved   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fond du Lac, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fond du Lac, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's.

I put in my application online and within a week was called for an interview. It was a group interview and we all sat around a table and took turns answering questions. Then they had us watch a video with different parts and afterward answer questions about what we saw. It was very easy and helped bring down the pressure with other applicants there. My one tip is dress appropriate because alot of the applicants wore nice jeans or casual tops. Those applicants were not hired. Black or grey dress pants and dress top is your best bet.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you preformed exceptional customer service and give specific details?   Answer Question
    It was minimum wage and non-negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

interviewed at Kohl's in October 2009.

Applied In person. Received a phone call same day. Had a group interview. I was hired on spot.

minimum wage

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Northville, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northville, MI

I participated in a group interview, it was dumb but pretty much everyone was hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Turlock, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Turlock, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Kohl's in November 2012.

I applied online using Snagajob.com at about one in the morning and received a call that evening about coming in for an interview. There was only one day available for interviews with two different times to choose from. I choose the earliest and was told to arrive at customer service for my interview. I interviewed with who contacted me.
        I arrived about 15 minutes early for my interview at customer service. From reading interviews on here I wasn't sure if I would be in a group interview or one on one. Soon after I arrived it was evident it was a group interview and the ones that were already there were taken back and waited until our interview time. We were interviewed by two managers, one of them working with HR. There was 9 people in the interview and we were each asked the same question. The managers were very nice and friendly making the interview very relaxed and helped any nerves disappear. The questions were all situational, such as: 1) What is a type you went above and beyond for a customer? 2) How did you handle missing an appointment one time? 3) Name a time you had a conflict with someone and how did you handle it? 4) What is a positive work environment to you? and similar such questions.
         After all the questions were answered, the managers went over the positions available and asking us which one we preferred along with explaining the duties in each position, and then they talked about rate of pay and when orientation would be if hired. They then proceed to ask us to step out of the room for about 10 minutes and whoever they called back would be getting offers. To much of everyone's surprise, all of us were called back and offered positions, but what area we would be working hasn't been set yet. This is a seasonal position lasting until mid January and the pay is $8.15.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was the one asking about a time we missed an appointment and how we handled it.   View Answer
    No negotiations really. Barely above minimum wage for a seasonal position. Someone with experience might be able to negotiate, but I didn't have such experience so I just accepted their offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Woodbury, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, MN

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Kohl's in July 2012.

It was a pretty relaxed interview. i filled out the application in the store and signed up for an interview on the spot. they asked normal interview questions like why i want to work there and describe how i would handle a rude customer..etc..

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Kohl's in April 2012.

Applied on SnagAJOb.com, was called for an interview a month later. Had an interview with HR lady, who was very nice and made me very comfortable. She told me in the beginning if the interview went well I would go to the second part of the interview with the Store manager. I have an interview with the store manager at 11 today!

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gainesville, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in February 2011.

There was a group interview of about 11 or 12 people and the managers (2 to 3) would ask questions and then go around the room and have each person answer them. We learned a little about the history and past as well.
    I went back for a second interview and the Store Manager interviewed me by himself in his office.

Interview Questions
    • If you saw another employee or customer stealing, what would you do? Would you go up and confront them.   View Answer
    • What do you think makes you such a great candidate?   View Answer
    There was really no negotiation. I did ask how much the pay was (minimum wage as usual.)

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Puyallup, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Puyallup, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in September 2011.

After applying online, they called and gave a choice of days and times for an interview. They didn't say that it would be a group interview, but it was. They were very nice. The group interview took approx. 1 hour and there were 8 of us. They would then ask a question and we each would take turns answering.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time you went above and beyond for a customer ...   Answer Question