Kohl's

Average Difficulty
31 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Fond du Lac, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details – I put in my application online and within a week was called for an interview. It was a group interview and we all sat around a table and took turns answering questions. Then they had us watch a video with different parts and afterward answer questions about what we saw. It was very easy and helped bring down the pressure with other applicants there. My one tip is dress appropriate because alot of the applicants wore nice jeans or casual tops. Those applicants were not hired. Black or grey dress pants and dress top is your best bet.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you preformed exceptional customer service and give specific details?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was minimum wage and non-negotiable.

Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed at Kohl's in October 2009.

Interview Details – Applied In person. Received a phone call same day. Had a group interview. I was hired on spot.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had trouble with a coworker.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – minimum wage

Northville, MI

Interviewed at Kohl's

Interview Details – I participated in a group interview, it was dumb but pretty much everyone was hired.

Interview Question – I don't remember the exact questions   Answer Question

Turlock, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kohl's in November 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online using Snagajob.com at about one in the morning and received a call that evening about coming in for an interview. There was only one day available for interviews with two different times to choose from. I choose the earliest and was told to arrive at customer service for my interview. I interviewed with who contacted me.
    I arrived about 15 minutes early for my interview at customer service. From reading interviews on here I wasn't sure if I would be in a group interview or one on one. Soon after I arrived it was evident it was a group interview and the ones that were already there were taken back and waited until our interview time. We were interviewed by two managers, one of them working with HR. There was 9 people in the interview and we were each asked the same question. The managers were very nice and friendly making the interview very relaxed and helped any nerves disappear. The questions were all situational, such as: 1) What is a type you went above and beyond for a customer? 2) How did you handle missing an appointment one time? 3) Name a time you had a conflict with someone and how did you handle it? 4) What is a positive work environment to you? and similar such questions.
     After all the questions were answered, the managers went over the positions available and asking us which one we preferred along with explaining the duties in each position, and then they talked about rate of pay and when orientation would be if hired. They then proceed to ask us to step out of the room for about 10 minutes and whoever they called back would be getting offers. To much of everyone's surprise, all of us were called back and offered positions, but what area we would be working hasn't been set yet. This is a seasonal position lasting until mid January and the pay is $8.15.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question was the one asking about a time we missed an appointment and how we handled it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations really. Barely above minimum wage for a seasonal position. Someone with experience might be able to negotiate, but I didn't have such experience so I just accepted their offer.

Woodbury, MN

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Kohl's in July 2012.

Interview Details – It was a pretty relaxed interview. i filled out the application in the store and signed up for an interview on the spot. they asked normal interview questions like why i want to work there and describe how i would handle a rude customer..etc..

Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Kohl's in April 2012.

Interview Details – Applied on SnagAJOb.com, was called for an interview a month later. Had an interview with HR lady, who was very nice and made me very comfortable. She told me in the beginning if the interview went well I would go to the second part of the interview with the Store manager. I have an interview with the store manager at 11 today!

Gainesville, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in February 2011.

Interview Details – There was a group interview of about 11 or 12 people and the managers (2 to 3) would ask questions and then go around the room and have each person answer them. We learned a little about the history and past as well.
I went back for a second interview and the Store Manager interviewed me by himself in his office.

Interview Questions

• If you saw another employee or customer stealing, what would you do? Would you go up and confront them.   View Answer
  • What do you think makes you such a great candidate?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was really no negotiation. I did ask how much the pay was (minimum wage as usual.)

Puyallup, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in September 2011.

Interview Details – After applying online, they called and gave a choice of days and times for an interview. They didn't say that it would be a group interview, but it was. They were very nice. The group interview took approx. 1 hour and there were 8 of us. They would then ask a question and we each would take turns answering.

Interview Question – Explain a time you went above and beyond for a customer ...   Answer Question

Oxford, AL

The process took a day - interviewed at Kohl's in March 2009.

Interview Details – This was my very first job interview and I hated it. It was before the kohl's in my hometown had a grand opening and they were having group interviews. I hate group interviews. I wish it was a 1 on 1 interview.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Joplin, MO

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Kohl's in April 2010.

Interview Details – I decided to apply for a part-time cashier job at Kohls (in addition to my full-time job) because I enjoy shopping there and thought it might be nice to have some additional income. I filled out the application and they called me two days later for an interview. The woman who interviewed me seemed very friendly and upbeat. However, I indicated on my application that I was interested in part-time and entered all of my hours of availability and yet she asked me questions about if I was leaving my full-time position (no) and if my availability was set in stone (yes). She asked all of the typical retail interview questions, and there seemed to be a big focus on loss prevention and theft. A few days later, I received a phone call that there were problems with my credit history so they could not offer me the position. This was a great mystery to me, as I have zero debt (aside from mortgage and a car payment) and an excellent credit rating with no issues in my credit history of fifteen years. I even did my own credit check at that point with all 3 agencies from fear of identity theft or other issues. Everything looked perfect. But apparently it was not good enough to work part-time at Kohls! Strange.

Interview Questions

• In the past, when you have seen coworkers stealing from your employer, how did it make you feel?   View Answer
  • Do you feel comfortable going up to customers and starting a conversation with them?   View Answers (2)