Kohl's Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2015
Updated Mar 17, 2015

2.0

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kohl's (Yorba Linda, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

I applied online and was called in for an interview approximately 1 month later. There wasn't much of an interview, just started telling me about the job and asking for my availability. I was offered the job at the end of the interview and started immediately. They didn't really ask any interview questions, we just talked.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's (Corpus Christi, TX).

Interview

Straight forward. Went in to get an application. Filled it out. Returned it with resume. They called back within a week.

Interview Questions

• Pretty simple. No overly weird questions. Just asked about previous retail experience and availability. How would I handle situations with difficult customers?   Answer Question

Negotiation

In the interview. Told me what pay was and the hours expected. Not really so much a negotiation as more of "take or leave it"

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

I had a group interview. It was very short there was only a few questions that were pretty much the normal interview questions. Got a call a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you had a conflict at work and how it was resolved   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's (Fond du Lac, WI).

Interview

I put in my application online and within a week was called for an interview. It was a group interview and we all sat around a table and took turns answering questions. Then they had us watch a video with different parts and afterward answer questions about what we saw. It was very easy and helped bring down the pressure with other applicants there. My one tip is dress appropriate because alot of the applicants wore nice jeans or casual tops. Those applicants were not hired. Black or grey dress pants and dress top is your best bet.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you preformed exceptional customer service and give specific details?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was minimum wage and non-negotiable.

Cashier Interview

Interview

I participated in a group interview, it was dumb but pretty much everyone was hired.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kohl's (Turlock, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

I applied online using Snagajob.com at about one in the morning and received a call that evening about coming in for an interview. There was only one day available for interviews with two different times to choose from. I choose the earliest and was told to arrive at customer service for my interview. I interviewed with who contacted me.
        I arrived about 15 minutes early for my interview at customer service. From reading interviews on here I wasn't sure if I would be in a group interview or one on one. Soon after I arrived it was evident it was a group interview and the ones that were already there were taken back and waited until our interview time. We were interviewed by two managers, one of them working with HR. There was 9 people in the interview and we were each asked the same question. The managers were very nice and friendly making the interview very relaxed and helped any nerves disappear. The questions were all situational, such as: 1) What is a type you went above and beyond for a customer? 2) How did you handle missing an appointment one time? 3) Name a time you had a conflict with someone and how did you handle it? 4) What is a positive work environment to you? and similar such questions.
         After all the questions were answered, the managers went over the positions available and asking us which one we preferred along with explaining the duties in each position, and then they talked about rate of pay and when orientation would be if hired. They then proceed to ask us to step out of the room for about 10 minutes and whoever they called back would be getting offers. To much of everyone's surprise, all of us were called back and offered positions, but what area we would be working hasn't been set yet. This is a seasonal position lasting until mid January and the pay is $8.15.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was the one asking about a time we missed an appointment and how we handled it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations really. Barely above minimum wage for a seasonal position. Someone with experience might be able to negotiate, but I didn't have such experience so I just accepted their offer.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's (Woodland Park, NJ) in October 2012.

Interview

The online application process that they source through snagajob is painful at best, requires an account to be created and bombards you with ads between pages only to reject you at the end for no reason while giving you more ads. Only after I expressing these concerns to management did they finally yield and give me a paper application to bypass the process.

I was called in for an interview shortly after by a very friendly and personable woman who effortlessly melted any anxiety or pressure you'd normally feel in an interview to the point I felt like I was talking to a friend or family member.

The interview was rather short lived and consisted of a few basic questions such as why do you want to work for this company and if you're willing to work weekends along with confirming my availability.

The only lengthy process was waiting for the background check after the interview to clear.

Negotiation

Nothing was negotiable. The woman in charge of the interview as well as the store's HR department presents you with a "take it or leave it" offer stating that this is how everyone at the company starts. It's more than minimum wage and that was enough for me.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's (Riverside, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

I applied online and I called them after 2 weeks just so they know I was really interested. About two weeks later they called me back for an interview which was a few days later. They do two interviews on the first day. One is in a group setting where they ask you about yourself and why you want to work here. Make sure you stand out. Then they send everyone to a room and they call you in one by one. I was the first to be called back. They ask what are some strengths and weaknesses, what would you do in certain situations, and your availability. I got a call back a week later and was hired.

Interview Questions

• I didn't have a problem with the interview. I thought it was fairly easy and straight forward. People who are probably shy or don't know how to stand out in groups might have a problem.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kohl's (Woodbury, MN) in July 2012.

Interview

It was a pretty relaxed interview. i filled out the application in the store and signed up for an interview on the spot. they asked normal interview questions like why i want to work there and describe how i would handle a rude customer..etc..

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kohl's (Portland, OR) in April 2012.

Interview

Applied on SnagAJOb.com, was called for an interview a month later. Had an interview with HR lady, who was very nice and made me very comfortable. She told me in the beginning if the interview went well I would go to the second part of the interview with the Store manager. I have an interview with the store manager at 11 today!