Kohl's Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's (Canton, MI) in May 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed in a group of about 8 people. It wasn't that bad, you just answer the questions. In the next couple days, I was called to fill out papers for a background check and to take a drug test. It took them a week to call back and tell me I was hired.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Employee in Joplin, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Kohl's (Joplin, MO) in April 2010.

Interview

I decided to apply for a part-time cashier job at Kohls (in addition to my full-time job) because I enjoy shopping there and thought it might be nice to have some additional income. I filled out the application and they called me two days later for an interview. The woman who interviewed me seemed very friendly and upbeat. However, I indicated on my application that I was interested in part-time and entered all of my hours of availability and yet she asked me questions about if I was leaving my full-time position (no) and if my availability was set in stone (yes). She asked all of the typical retail interview questions, and there seemed to be a big focus on loss prevention and theft. A few days later, I received a phone call that there were problems with my credit history so they could not offer me the position. This was a great mystery to me, as I have zero debt (aside from mortgage and a car payment) and an excellent credit rating with no issues in my credit history of fifteen years. I even did my own credit check at that point with all 3 agencies from fear of identity theft or other issues. Everything looked perfect. But apparently it was not good enough to work part-time at Kohls! Strange.

Interview Questions

• In the past, when you have seen coworkers stealing from your employer, how did it make you feel?   1 Answer
    • Do you feel comfortable going up to customers and starting a conversation with them?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Killeen, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's (Killeen, TX) in February 2010.

Interview

The hiring process was easier than I expected. First, I filled out a job application inside the store. A few days later, I received a phone call from the store manager scheduling the job interview. After the interview with the store manager, I received the job offer in a week.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions during the interview. However, I would suggest one to be able to explain the time intervals in between jobs.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my schedule. The negotiation process was very easy. The management listened to me and made adjustment to accommodate my schedule.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

interviewed at Kohl's (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

Applied In person. Received a phone call same day. Had a group interview. I was hired on spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

minimum wage

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merced, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Kohl's (Merced, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

the managers were very freindlly they asked simple question on tell me something about yourself, why do you want to work with us.

Interview Questions

• tell me something about yourself   1 Answer
    • why do you want to work with us.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corona, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Kohl's (Corona, CA) in August 2009.

Interview

Basic interview once i actually got there. They asked applicable questions. There was a nice packet of paperwork, and we were walked through each part. I applied in person, got a call two weeks later, and interviewed the next day. One week later, they called me and asked if I could come into orientation the next day, without having told me that I was hired. :P I was one of six people picked out of 500.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when someone asked you to do something for them and you could not provide what was asked for. How did you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, AL

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Kohl's (Oxford, AL) in March 2009.

Interview

This was my very first job interview and I hated it. It was before the kohl's in my hometown had a grand opening and they were having group interviews. I hate group interviews. I wish it was a 1 on 1 interview.

Anonymous Employee in Effingham, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Kohl's (Effingham, IL) in August 2008.

Interview

Interview was pretty standard, I would say. Was asked questions about when and how I've dealt with difficult people and situations. I had not had a job before, and the interviewer used a condescending tone with me when referring to that fact. I did not answer the questions very well, as I was completely unsure of what to expect and was thus unprepared. He was overall very intimidating, and acted as though I was wasting his time, even though I was trying and did want the job. Would not apply there again, unless it were in a different location.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had to deal with a difficult coworker. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kokomo, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's (Kokomo, IN) in October 2007.

Interview

Group interview took place... with very general questions.
    It was a little awkward to be honest. Kohl's is extremely customer oriented, and they will expect your answers to their questions to be along those lines. Remember, the customer is always right! I believe that their slogan is "Yes we can".. so make sure that you keep that mindset going in.

Interview Questions

• Do you agree with this statement: "The customer is always right."?   2 Answers

Negotiation

There really weren't any negotiations... they offer you a position.. and you take it or leave it. The scheduling is a little bit lenient

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's in September 2012.

Interview

I filled out an application online at SnagAjob.com. I was called back within 2-3 days for an interview an was to to fill out an app on paper there at the store. I went to the interview on a Monday. Got there and fond out it was a group interview with 6 other people. The interviewer led us into the room and she explained about the interview process....Then asked the first question and I was first. But the answers go around the room. She scores everyone on how they answer, and showing eye contact...smile a little here and there. She asked basic questions like 'How do you know when a customer is satisfied?, Talk about a time at work when your priorities changed suddenly and how did you react?, Have you ever been recognized for doing good?, Talk about a time when you did more than asked to for a customer or above and beyond for a customer?...It was just basic questions from your past experience. Then after the questions she tallied up the scores and then escorted the low scored people out.Then came back into the room and told the rest of us that she would love to hire us and that we would have to fill out the background check and sign a couple of papers. She said it takes about a week. She will give a call back to let us know when to come in.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They just tell you what you will start off getting