Kohl's Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Summerville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Summerville, SC) in November 2010.

Interview

filled out the application online then had to keep calling or going up there to speak with someone

Interview Questions

• What type of contributions do I think Kohls does for local charities???   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Green Bay, WI) in October 2010.

Interview

Once you submitted an application, they would call you for a group interview which was about 10 people. They had us sit around a big table and asked a bunch of questions (some for people to spontaneously answer and some they went around the room and asked individually). When that was over, if they still wanted you as an employee they would give you another call and offer you a job or a second interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was no negotiation. They were hiring for seasonal cashiers around Christmas and i'm know they over-hire around the holidays because some people always quit.

Anonymous Employee in Voorhees, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Voorhees, NJ) in August 2010.

Interview

They looked at my resume and asked me a few questions. This interview lasted about 20 min. if that. I was offered two different positions. I was offered 7.55 an hour. This is their hiring rate. They do not care about how much experience you have or what you were making at another job. So, basically anyone would get hired if you just apply.

Interview Questions

• Again, very easy interview. No hard questions asked. Just use common sense. Like... Have you worked with customers before?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. This is what you will be making. 7.55 an hour. Do you want the job?

Anonymous Employee in Canton, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Canton, MI) in May 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed in a group of about 8 people. It wasn't that bad, you just answer the questions. In the next couple days, I was called to fill out papers for a background check and to take a drug test. It took them a week to call back and tell me I was hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joplin, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Joplin, MO) in April 2010.

Interview

I decided to apply for a part-time cashier job at Kohls (in addition to my full-time job) because I enjoy shopping there and thought it might be nice to have some additional income. I filled out the application and they called me two days later for an interview. The woman who interviewed me seemed very friendly and upbeat. However, I indicated on my application that I was interested in part-time and entered all of my hours of availability and yet she asked me questions about if I was leaving my full-time position (no) and if my availability was set in stone (yes). She asked all of the typical retail interview questions, and there seemed to be a big focus on loss prevention and theft. A few days later, I received a phone call that there were problems with my credit history so they could not offer me the position. This was a great mystery to me, as I have zero debt (aside from mortgage and a car payment) and an excellent credit rating with no issues in my credit history of fifteen years. I even did my own credit check at that point with all 3 agencies from fear of identity theft or other issues. Everything looked perfect. But apparently it was not good enough to work part-time at Kohls! Strange.

Interview Questions

• In the past, when you have seen coworkers stealing from your employer, how did it make you feel?   1 Answer
    • Do you feel comfortable going up to customers and starting a conversation with them?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Killeen, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Killeen, TX) in February 2010.

Interview

The hiring process was easier than I expected. First, I filled out a job application inside the store. A few days later, I received a phone call from the store manager scheduling the job interview. After the interview with the store manager, I received the job offer in a week.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions during the interview. However, I would suggest one to be able to explain the time intervals in between jobs.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my schedule. The negotiation process was very easy. The management listened to me and made adjustment to accommodate my schedule.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I interviewed at Kohl's (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

Applied In person. Received a phone call same day. Had a group interview. I was hired on spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

minimum wage

Anonymous Employee in Merced, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Merced, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

the managers were very freindlly they asked simple question on tell me something about yourself, why do you want to work with us.

Interview Questions

• tell me something about yourself   1 Answer
    • why do you want to work with us.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Corona, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Corona, CA) in August 2009.

Interview

Basic interview once i actually got there. They asked applicable questions. There was a nice packet of paperwork, and we were walked through each part. I applied in person, got a call two weeks later, and interviewed the next day. One week later, they called me and asked if I could come into orientation the next day, without having told me that I was hired. :P I was one of six people picked out of 500.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when someone asked you to do something for them and you could not provide what was asked for. How did you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, AL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Oxford, AL) in March 2009.

Interview

This was my very first job interview and I hated it. It was before the kohl's in my hometown had a grand opening and they were having group interviews. I hate group interviews. I wish it was a 1 on 1 interview.