Kohl's

1.9

36 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Effingham, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Effingham, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kohl's in August 2008.

Interview was pretty standard, I would say. Was asked questions about when and how I've dealt with difficult people and situations. I had not had a job before, and the interviewer used a condescending tone with me when referring to that fact. I did not answer the questions very well, as I was completely unsure of what to expect and was thus unprepared. He was overall very intimidating, and acted as though I was wasting his time, even though I was trying and did want the job. Would not apply there again, unless it were in a different location.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a situation in which you had to deal with a difficult coworker. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kokomo, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kokomo, IN

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's in October 2007.

Group interview took place... with very general questions.
    It was a little awkward to be honest. Kohl's is extremely customer oriented, and they will expect your answers to their questions to be along those lines. Remember, the customer is always right! I believe that their slogan is "Yes we can".. so make sure that you keep that mindset going in.

Interview Questions
    • Do you agree with this statement: "The customer is always right."?   View Answers (2)
    There really weren't any negotiations... they offer you a position.. and you take it or leave it. The scheduling is a little bit lenient

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's in September 2012.

I filled out an application online at SnagAjob.com. I was called back within 2-3 days for an interview an was to to fill out an app on paper there at the store. I went to the interview on a Monday. Got there and fond out it was a group interview with 6 other people. The interviewer led us into the room and she explained about the interview process....Then asked the first question and I was first. But the answers go around the room. She scores everyone on how they answer, and showing eye contact...smile a little here and there. She asked basic questions like 'How do you know when a customer is satisfied?, Talk about a time at work when your priorities changed suddenly and how did you react?, Have you ever been recognized for doing good?, Talk about a time when you did more than asked to for a customer or above and beyond for a customer?...It was just basic questions from your past experience. Then after the questions she tallied up the scores and then escorted the low scored people out.Then came back into the room and told the rest of us that she would love to hire us and that we would have to fill out the background check and sign a couple of papers. She said it takes about a week. She will give a call back to let us know when to come in.

Interview Questions
    They just tell you what you will start off getting

Cashier Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Kohl's in October 2010.

I had an group interview of about 8 people. It was very basic, with questions that you'd expect at an interview.
    She started out by going in order, then jumped around the room asking the same question to every person.
    Everyone had very similar answers, and they all emphasized customer service.
    They then left, and said that they were going to review everyone's applications and make sure they were filled out right.
    They came back in and asked three people to leave, and then called two people in at a time, and offered me a job, and I assume the others.

Interview Questions
    • Can you name a time where you had two conflicting appointments? If so, how did you deal with them?   View Answer
    Since it's seasonal, there is no negotiation.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kohl's in November 2009.

I applied to Kohl's in person for a seasonal part-time position advertised via in-store flyer. I was interviewed with a group of 20 or so other candidates. When they had called me to tell me when the interview was, they didn't mention that it would be a group interview; I got that information from prior research. I arrived at Kohl's early and waited around the customer service area. Most of the candidates were around my age (mid 20s), but there was someone in his 60s and various people in between. Many of us dressed up, some relatively casually, and there was at least one person in jeans and a t-shirt.

The interviewer showed up and led us into a room where we were seated in rows and told to fill out some mostly redundant paperwork, plus a page indicating the days and hours we would be available. The interview went like this: the interviewer asked a question, the candidate at the end of the first row had to answer, then the candidate next to them, and so on. If someone needed more time to think up an answer, the interviewer would skip them and come back to them once everyone else had answered that question. (One thing that may have negatively affected my chances is the fact that, though I only needed to be skipped once, I was the only candidate who ended up needing any skips at all). Each time she moved on to a new question, the position of "first answerer" moved to the next one in line, so each of us ended up being first at least once. For most questions, people gave the same answers as those before them, paraphrasing and elaborating on earlier points. The questions were not difficult. There were only a few "behavioral interview" type questions.

After the interviewer finished asking questions, she opened the floor for questions from us. She also informed us about the availability of overnight work (which paid more) and what it entailed. As a result, a lot of us had to go back and edit our paperwork to indicate that we would be available for overnight hours. In the end, she said Kohl's had to check our references and would contact us within a few weeks. I received a standard rejection e-mail around a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to work fast under pressure.   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you caught a coworker stealing? What should happen to them?   View Answer
    • What is your idea of good customer service?   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about soliciting Kohl's credit cards?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's in April 2009.

I returned my application and spoke with a manager which gave me an advantage on first impression. I was called for an interview with hiring supervisor. She was really friendly. The questions were standard common sense questions nothing really hard. I made it personal and asked how she liked hiring and interviewing. The HR/Operations Supervisor heard us and decided he wanted to interview me also. I ended up with two interviews the first day. I was hired on the spot as long as my background came back fine and I passed the drug testing. It took almost a week for everything to clear and I started the beginning of May.

Interview Questions
    • If you saw someone take something that costs less than $5 would you report them or let it go since it was a small amount?   View Answer