Kohl's Customer Service Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2014

2.2

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Associate Interview

The first interview was very brief and questions were very general, mostly about previous experience. I was asked to return for second interview, which I did about three days later. Again I was asked about work history, why I wanted to work there, what I could offer the company, and goals with them.

Interview Questions
  • What are weaknesses is a difficult question because its hard to be certain what opinions the interviewer will form based on this infornation.   Answer Question

At the time they would not be able to guarantee more then five hours a week.

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salem, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in October 2011.

Group interview with basic customer service questions. People who dressed somewhat nicely got hired, people who wore jeans or sweatshirts did not. Sitting in the middle of the group allowed for more time to think of answers to questions

Interview Questions
    • "Describe a time you provided excellent customer service"   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

applied before store opening so interview was preformed at a job fair off campus. interviews are group and preformed in the store with a member of management.

no negotiaion

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Kohl's.

Applied online and received a call back within one week. Scheduled for interview and didn't know until I get there that it was a group interview. I was skepical b/c I've never had a group interview. Wasn't as painful as I thought. My group was 7 people total and everyone was 2 different questions at random. Then they had everyone leave individually incase you had any questions for them, so you didn't have to ask in front of the group.

Interview Questions
    • They were typical customer service and work experience questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation on hourly rate. Everyone starts at the same rate regardless of position. (From what i was told b/c I have several years experience at a retail Customer Service desk)

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online - interviewed at Kohl's in August 2013.

It was a group interview and each of the ten people were given name tags and taken to a conference room. We all sat across for a store manager and an assistant manager. The were both very nice and asked general questions. We all filled out applications and were told we would be contact in a few days.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at that store? None of the questions were hard and each person answered.   View Answer
    None

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Kohl's in July 2013.

Applied online first and they called around two hours after I applied. I missed the call but called them promptly and scheduled a phone interview. After the phone interview there was a slightly difficult assessment (at least part A was a bit difficult). After the assessment I was instructed to call the hiring manager and we scheduled a group interview. It was a long process and a little difficult. Everyone was very friendly and helpful throughout the entire process though, so that made it a little easier.

Interview Questions
    • What would be the most aggravating, annoying, or uncomfortable situation? (Choose two)
      A)Taking leadership in an emergency situation
      b) Doing repetitive tasks
      c) Settling other employees differences
      d) Being monitored closely.
        View Answer
    I told them how much I would like to get payed and they offered more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Menomonee Falls, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonee Falls, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in July 2012.

A series of interviews. First a phone interview with an emphasis on behavioral questions and sales situations. Next is an in person interview at the facility. First you meet with HR and they ask similar questions to the phone interview. Afterwards, the have you listen to a few calls and meet the supervisors. One of more of the supervisors then ask you more detailed questions, lots of "Tell me about a time when . . . "

Interview Questions
    No negotiation phase, pay is based on experience and is confidential.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in August 2012.

It takes them few weeks to get back to you. I had a group interview with about 6 people. Questions were typical of this type of job and mostly concerned your background dealing with customers and whether you had issues with pushing credit card applications.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you turned the situation around.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wheeling, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wheeling, WV

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Kohl's in August 2009.

Applied online.
    Interviewed at 2 different Kols' stores - process different at both.
    First interview was group interview - felt like an open call for any warm body, majority of those with experience in retail dismissed without job offer for those that had limited retail esperience.
    Second interview - different store - individual interview with department manager and store manager. Better experience - felt these managers were more focused on hiring members for a team.
    Best bet - hope for the individual interview.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty routine questions. Be sure to have a customer service experience ready that was your best and worse service   Answer Question
    No negotiation - salary was minimum wage - take it or leave it mentality.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Roseville, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Kohl's.

Easy. They had a group interview for me and went around asking your basic questions. How to help a customer.... what would you do in this situation...

No Negotiation

Worked for Kohl's? Contribute to the Community!