Kohl's Customer Service Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 10, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kohl's (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I applied online for a different position. I went into the interview and was hired within a day or so. When I went in for training I was then informed I would be working at the customer service desk.... I was not happy that they offered me a job, then switched the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you had an issue and how did you solve it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's (Princeton, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

Called in from an application I did on SnagaJob. Group interview. The hiring manager called the day of to set up the interview and orientation. Thank God I was free at night. There was about 3 other people being interviewed.

Interview Questions

• If a customer comes up to you and asks you a question you don't know the answer to, what would you do?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kohl's (Hamilton, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

Group setting. We were there almost an hour and a half. Was asked questions, took tour and explained process of Kohls credit card. I am usually a very nervous person during interviews. This manager and the setting was very relaxed and friendly. Know your answers before you go in. Believe it or not people still say I need a job thats why I am here. I learned my lesson with that when the interview I went to ended after I said that. Disappointed in the pay, not my 1st job. Be honest and think the questions through. Good luck.

Interview Questions

• Why you applied for a job at kohls?   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Group interview with three other people given by a manager and a trainer. Basic questions, easy to answer. Typical questions: What was a customer service situation you solved? What is good customer service? Why do you want to work at Kohl's?

Negotiation

Holiday Seasonal Part Time position. Minimum wage offered.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in November 2014.

Interview

Came approx. 10 minutes earlier than scheduled, was on time and I dressed neatly. Was asked to wait outside of interview room then the manager came and escort me inside where other applicants were there and we were told to filled out employment forms prior to the interview. It was a fun, comfortable group interview. The manager was a very nice friendly lady. She asked about 10 questions which we all take turns answering. Nothing too hard, but we were told to answer the questions as different from the others as possible, in our own perspective. After that, we were allow to asked her any question regarding the store and her personal experience. At the end, she talked to each of us privately, and when it was my turn, I was told I got the job. The entire process took an hour.

Interview Questions

• Do you think the customer is always right?   1 Answer
    • Name one time when you went above and beyond to help someone.   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when you got into a conflict with another co-worker or peers, how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a customer asked you a question which you dont know the answer to?   Answer Question
    • What do you think "No Call, No Show" mean?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fullerton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Kohl's (Fullerton, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

The administrative assistant calls you to schedule an interview and then you meet and interview with the store manager. If the interview goes well with the store manager then you will be offered a job on the stop or declined. Then at the end of the week Thursday or Friday you will come back for orientation and begin work within a day or two of that.

Interview Questions

• What is Customer Service to you?   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kohl's in September 2014.

Interview

Took assessment questions online and filled out another application during interview. Took about 1 day. Interview was 30 minute group interview. Asked basic questions regarding past experiences. Filled out additional paperwork. Discussed hours and expectations. Offers employee discount, etc.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Kohl's compared to any other store location?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Seasonal employee. Minimum wage. Temporary PT employee.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Interview

The first interview was very brief and questions were very general, mostly about previous experience. I was asked to return for second interview, which I did about three days later. Again I was asked about work history, why I wanted to work there, what I could offer the company, and goals with them.

Interview Questions

• What are weaknesses is a difficult question because its hard to be certain what opinions the interviewer will form based on this infornation.   Answer Question

At the time they would not be able to guarantee more then five hours a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's (Dallas, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Standard interview with two managers! Not a group interview, mostly one manager is asking questions and the other is observing you and how you answer and jotting it all down! Easy customer service related questions,

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to go out your way to service a customer!   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation is possible

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cold Spring, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's (Cold Spring, KY) in May 2014.

Interview

I walked into the store, asked for a paper application, filled it out and gave it to a manager. I told him that I wanted to introduce myself and say that I was hoping to work there. About a week later I was called in for a sit down interview. The HR Manager was very friendly and open, which helped a lot! Questions were: Why do you want to work for Kohl's? Tell me about a time that you had to deal with someone that frustrated you. Do you have cash handling experience? What is good customer service to you? What was your favorite and least favorite thing about your previous job?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to deal with someone who frustrated you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I actually did not negotiate and I'm not sure if negotiations were possible for my position.