Kohl's Customer Service Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 8, 2015
Updated Mar 8, 2015

2.0

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in November 2014.

Came approx. 10 minutes earlier than scheduled, was on time and I dressed neatly. Was asked to wait outside of interview room then the manager came and escort me inside where other applicants were there and we were told to filled out employment forms prior to the interview. It was a fun, comfortable group interview. The manager was a very nice friendly lady. She asked about 10 questions which we all take turns answering. Nothing too hard, but we were told to answer the questions as different from the others as possible, in our own perspective. After that, we were allow to asked her any question regarding the store and her personal experience. At the end, she talked to each of us privately, and when it was my turn, I was told I got the job. The entire process took an hour.

Interview Questions
  • Do you think the customer is always right?   View Answer
  • Name one time when you went above and beyond to help someone.   Answer Question
  • Explain a time when you got into a conflict with another co-worker or peers, how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
  • What would you do if a customer asked you a question which you dont know the answer to?   Answer Question
  • What do you think "No Call, No Show" mean?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's in November 2014.

Applied online. Group interview with three other people given by a manager and a trainer. Basic questions, easy to answer. Typical questions: What was a customer service situation you solved? What is good customer service? Why do you want to work at Kohl's?

Holiday Seasonal Part Time position. Minimum wage offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fullerton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fullerton, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kohl's in October 2014.

The administrative assistant calls you to schedule an interview and then you meet and interview with the store manager. If the interview goes well with the store manager then you will be offered a job on the stop or declined. Then at the end of the week Thursday or Friday you will come back for orientation and begin work within a day or two of that.

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kohl's in September 2014.

Took assessment questions online and filled out another application during interview. Took about 1 day. Interview was 30 minute group interview. Asked basic questions regarding past experiences. Filled out additional paperwork. Discussed hours and expectations. Offers employee discount, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Kohl's compared to any other store location?   View Answer
    Seasonal employee. Minimum wage. Temporary PT employee.

Customer Service Associate Interview

The first interview was very brief and questions were very general, mostly about previous experience. I was asked to return for second interview, which I did about three days later. Again I was asked about work history, why I wanted to work there, what I could offer the company, and goals with them.

Interview Questions
    • What are weaknesses is a difficult question because its hard to be certain what opinions the interviewer will form based on this infornation.   Answer Question

At the time they would not be able to guarantee more then five hours a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cold Spring, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cold Spring, KY

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's in May 2014.

I walked into the store, asked for a paper application, filled it out and gave it to a manager. I told him that I wanted to introduce myself and say that I was hoping to work there. About a week later I was called in for a sit down interview.

The HR Manager was very friendly and open, which helped a lot!
    Questions were:
    Why do you want to work for Kohl's?
    Tell me about a time that you had to deal with someone that frustrated you.
    Do you have cash handling experience?
    What is good customer service to you?
    What was your favorite and least favorite thing about your previous job?

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you had to deal with someone who frustrated you?   View Answer
    I actually did not negotiate and I'm not sure if negotiations were possible for my position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

applied before store opening so interview was preformed at a job fair off campus. interviews are group and preformed in the store with a member of management.

no negotiaion

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's.

Applied online and received a call back within one week. Scheduled for interview and didn't know until I get there that it was a group interview. I was skepical b/c I've never had a group interview. Wasn't as painful as I thought. My group was 7 people total and everyone was 2 different questions at random. Then they had everyone leave individually incase you had any questions for them, so you didn't have to ask in front of the group.

Interview Questions
    • They were typical customer service and work experience questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation on hourly rate. Everyone starts at the same rate regardless of position. (From what i was told b/c I have several years experience at a retail Customer Service desk)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's in August 2013.

It was a group interview and each of the ten people were given name tags and taken to a conference room. We all sat across for a store manager and an assistant manager. The were both very nice and asked general questions. We all filled out applications and were told we would be contact in a few days.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at that store? None of the questions were hard and each person answered.   View Answer
    None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kohl's in July 2013.

Applied online first and they called around two hours after I applied. I missed the call but called them promptly and scheduled a phone interview. After the phone interview there was a slightly difficult assessment (at least part A was a bit difficult). After the assessment I was instructed to call the hiring manager and we scheduled a group interview. It was a long process and a little difficult. Everyone was very friendly and helpful throughout the entire process though, so that made it a little easier.

Interview Questions
    • What would be the most aggravating, annoying, or uncomfortable situation? (Choose two)
      A)Taking leadership in an emergency situation
      b) Doing repetitive tasks
      c) Settling other employees differences
      d) Being monitored closely.

View Answer
    I told them how much I would like to get payed and they offered more.