Kohl's Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, NC

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Kohl's (Jacksonville, NC) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview went okay. I really liked the store manager. He was a very nice man. Very down-to-earth. I felt that he chose another girl over me she was 24 I'm 41 I did feel little favoritism since we both worked for Kohls before in the past. She got the job and I was turned down. I had jewelry experience, customer service experience, and point-of-sale experience. My reputation was awesome. Every customer left with a smile on their face. I wish I could've worked there but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Interview Questions

• What I would do or say to a customer that couldn't find something in the store and I didn't know the answer to it?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Kohl's (Newport News, VA) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online at Snagajob and I heard from them in about two days. Scheduled an interview for the following day, and it was a group interview. Took a few days to hear back and got offered a Customer Service Associate position, which I accepted. I did apply for a POS Associate position in the first place, but you can move around to different departments.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Havertown Post Office, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's (Havertown Post Office, PA) in September 2013.

Interview

Easy interview

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw an employee steal?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

The interview was short and the interviewer seemed too busy to deal with me. The store was disorganized , and people were waiting in long lines. I asked if it was always like that and they said that it was. I'm not sure it's the type of place I'm looking to work for

Interview Questions

Not a good option for a PT job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Matthews, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Kohl's (Matthews, NC) in July 2013.

Interview

Group Interview setting- make sure your comments stand out and be forward. don't wait for them to call on you

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

interviewed at Kohl's in March 2011.

Interview

I applied online, and was called in for a group interview about 3 days later. Asked the usual "What would you do in this situation" questions. Very easy interview, I must say. Everyone usually gives the same answers, so it becomes redundant.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MN

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Kohl's (Cambridge, MN) in August 2010.

Interview

Group interview with approx ten other people. Dress business casual, no jeans or open toe shoes. They are mainly concerned with your attitude and how you feel about soliciting credit cards.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about soliciting credit cards?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations, they say wage is competitive to the industry but it's minimum wage.

Anonymous Employee in Carson City, NV

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Kohl's (Carson City, NV) in August 2010.

Interview

Group interview. Very organized, but the culture was young and hip. As a 40+ woman, I knew that I'd never make it. You must be over the top. One girl that immediately stood out was answering the interviewer questions almost verbatim with what they wanted. Most of us aren't like that. Great benefits after 90 days. Pay is just above minimum wage and they seem big on employees getting people to sign up for credit.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw an associate stealing?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valley Stream, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kohl's (Valley Stream, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

Group interview. Asked 1 question to each applicant. Questions asked included : What would you do if you saw a co-worker stealing? How do you feel about offering credit cards? What does exceptional customer service mean to you?

Very impersonal. Enough for management to determine if a candidate is articulate but not much else.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw a co-worker stealing?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muskegon, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's (Muskegon, MI) in May 2009.

Interview

Called within a week of my application. The interview was a round table interview where they ask everyone the same question and then go around the circle getting everyone's answer to the question. You are encouraged not to repeat what any one else says.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation available. They just tell you how much they pay for the position, then you decide if you're willing to work for that wage.