Kohl's Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

2.2

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

interviewed at Kohl's in March 2011.

I applied online, and was called in for a group interview about 3 days later. Asked the usual "What would you do in this situation" questions. Very easy interview, I must say. Everyone usually gives the same answers, so it becomes redundant.

No negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, NC

I applied in-person - interviewed at Kohl's in November 2013.

The interview went okay. I really liked the store manager. He was a very nice man. Very down-to-earth. I felt that he chose another girl over me she was 24 I'm 41 I did feel little favoritism since we both worked for Kohls before in the past. She got the job and I was turned down. I had jewelry experience, customer service experience, and point-of-sale experience. My reputation was awesome. Every customer left with a smile on their face. I wish I could've worked there but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Interview Questions
    • What I would do or say to a customer that couldn't find something in the store and I didn't know the answer to it?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Havertown Post Office, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Havertown Post Office, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in September 2013.

Easy interview

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you saw an employee steal?   View Answer
    None

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newport News, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Kohl's in September 2013.

Applied online at Snagajob and I heard from them in about two days. Scheduled an interview for the following day, and it was a group interview. Took a few days to hear back and got offered a Customer Service Associate position, which I accepted. I did apply for a POS Associate position in the first place, but you can move around to different departments.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Matthews, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Matthews, NC

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Kohl's in July 2013.

Group Interview setting- make sure your comments stand out and be forward. don't wait for them to call on you

No Negotiation

Customer Service Representative Interview

The interview was short and the interviewer seemed too busy to deal with me. The store was disorganized , and people were waiting in long lines. I asked if it was always like that and they said that it was. I'm not sure it's the type of place I'm looking to work for

Interview Questions

Not a good option for a PT job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Muskegon, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muskegon, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in May 2009.

Called within a week of my application. The interview was a round table interview where they ask everyone the same question and then go around the circle getting everyone's answer to the question. You are encouraged not to repeat what any one else says.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation available. They just tell you how much they pay for the position, then you decide if you're willing to work for that wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  College Station, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Kohl's in January 2009.

I applied for a position at a Kohl's store that was opening up in a month. My interview was held at a local hotel conference room. You fill out some paper work and wait to be called in for your interview. We got interviewed in groups of 5. They asked simple questions about scenarios (Have you ever had to work with someone you didn't get along with? How did you handle that? How would you help a customer who needs ....? What are your strengths and weaknesses?) It was a pretty easy interview. Everyone was very nice and made you feel comfortable. After the interview we wait in another room and they call certain people back. Those people are offered a job. Others are sent home...I'm guessing with a "We will be in touch with you". I enjoyed working at Kohl's...my only complaint is they would over schedule me (I was a student and the store was hectic during the first few months of opening). Other than that I enjoyed my job there!

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had to work with someone you did not get along with? How did you handle the situation?   View Answer
    • How would you handle a situation where you saw an employee who was stealing?   View Answer
    They don't negotiate much on pay for lower positions...but after so many months you get a .25 cent increase and that continues every few months...it adds up!

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Valley Stream, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valley Stream, NY

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Kohl's in August 2010.

Group interview. Asked 1 question to each applicant. Questions asked included : What would you do if you saw a co-worker stealing? How do you feel about offering credit cards? What does exceptional customer service mean to you?

Very impersonal. Enough for management to determine if a candidate is articulate but not much else.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you saw a co-worker stealing?   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Carson City, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson City, NV

The process took a day - interviewed at Kohl's in August 2010.

Group interview. Very organized, but the culture was young and hip. As a 40+ woman, I knew that I'd never make it. You must be over the top. One girl that immediately stood out was answering the interviewer questions almost verbatim with what they wanted. Most of us aren't like that. Great benefits after 90 days. Pay is just above minimum wage and they seem big on employees getting people to sign up for credit.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you saw an associate stealing?   View Answer

Worked for Kohl's? Contribute to the Community!