Kohl's Freight Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 2, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Cedar Rapids, IA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very quick and didn't seem to be an actual interview. I was asked to introduce myself and talk about my work experience and my availability. Next I filled out an in-store application and the interview was basically over. Overall I wasn't happy with the interview, or the starting salary that I learned at the end of the interview, so in the end I was offered a position but turned it down.

Interview Questions

The interview process didn't feel right to me and the starting pay was 7.45/hour which was way less than what I was looking for.

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Federal Way, WA).

Interview

Well, it's been awhile. I applied online through snagajob.com. I can't remember evrry single detail about the interview. But, what I do remember is that it was a group interview. Me and several other peopl took turns answering the interview questions. I made sure to have my resume to stand out. I want to say a week or two later, I got a call being offered the job

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you and somebody you worked with on a project were having diffculties. How did you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brandon, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Brandon, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

Usually kohls does group interviews because when they hire, they hire a lot of people.and they ask everyone the same question so it's easy to just go off on what someone else said.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flint, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Flint, MI) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied July 2nd Emailed for Interview July 17th interview scheduled July 23rd Job offer July 24th...Computers were down finishing up my hiring process THIS MONDAY JULY 28TH!! Birthday July 27th :)

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had to many things to do at once?   2 Answers

Freight Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Applied online and got a call a few days later asking to come in for an interview. Went to the interview a few days later. It was a group interview with two other people. The hiring manager asked simple questions and said he would call to let us know about orientation if he wanted to hire us.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Beaumont, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Nine people in group interview. Three people throwing out questions and going around the table for answers. Customer is always right??? Answer Yes!!!! Be confident and polite and friendly.

Anonymous Employee in Capitola, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Capitola, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

I applied online and a few days later got called for a interview. Figured that it would be a group interview and it was. This was actually my first group interview and i thought it went well. A person went around asking people questions and then writing down scores it appears. She explained that this was for a seasonal job. Sadly I ended up getting a rejection letter. I did however like them doing this instead of leaving me hanging with no response.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monrovia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Monrovia, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Apply online and just give them a call a few days later. During holiday hiring they have hundreds of potential interviews. You will start in a group interview and they will ask you the basic questions you've been asked before, such as; "What is great customer service to you?". Best advice here is just try to stand out, they want someone outgoing. After that they could give you a second interview right away or they will call you a bit later. The second interview pertains more to where they want to put you so it'll be questions about lifting things or sellings cards. If you can do what they want and have decent availability then you're golden.

Interview Questions

• Alot of personality questions in the group interview so be ready to be vague.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Bloomington, IN) in June 2012.

Interview

It was a group interview of about 10 people. There was a hiring manager and another associate who would ask questions. Every person got to answer at least one question first, typically going around in a circle. The group interview had candidates for all kinds of open positions, not just one position.

Interview Questions

• -What would you do if a customer asks you a question you don't know the answer to? -Describe your work ethic   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The hiring manager made it very clear from the beginning of the interview that all new employees were going to be hired at minimum wage regardless of experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Bedford, NH) in January 2012.

Interview

My group interview consisted of about 8 applicants. The store manager would randomly pick an applicant to answer a question and then have the rest of the group answer one by one. They asked typical questions such as "is the customer always right."

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered a job a few days later. There was no negotiating the pay rate. When I showed up for orientation, they already had me scheduled for the rest of that week, so be clear as to when you can start work after your initial orientation.