Kohl's

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Loveland, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kohl's in October 2010.

Interview Details – Since I was being considered for seasonal work, the interview was group interview conducted by a panel. There were 15 of us and the hardest thing was trying to say the same answer that the other 14 gave, in a different way

Interview Question – I don't remember any specific question that was particularly difficult to answer. Most were obviously orientated towards customer service and the retail field.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They said they wanted to hire me and I said yes. It was for seasonal positions not rocket surgery.

Beaumont, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in April 2013.

Interview Details – Nine people in group interview. Three people throwing out questions and going around the table for answers. Customer is always right??? Answer Yes!!!! Be confident and polite and friendly.

Interview Question – Easy questions   View Answer

Freight Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a call a few days later asking to come in for an interview. Went to the interview a few days later. It was a group interview with two other people. The hiring manager asked simple questions and said he would call to let us know about orientation if he wanted to hire us.

Capitola, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kohl's in October 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and a few days later got called for a interview. Figured that it would be a group interview and it was. This was actually my first group interview and i thought it went well. A person went around asking people questions and then writing down scores it appears. She explained that this was for a seasonal job.

Sadly I ended up getting a rejection letter. I did however like them doing this instead of leaving me hanging with no response.

Lithonia, GA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Kohl's in October 2010.

Interview Details – I was hired back as an freight associate instead of a cashier because company policy is that if you come back at the same position you are suppose to get the same rate of pay.

Interview Question – i didnt really go through an interview process i just had orientation again.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no

Bedford, NH

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kohl's in January 2012.

Interview Details – My group interview consisted of about 8 applicants. The store manager would randomly pick an applicant to answer a question and then have the rest of the group answer one by one. They asked typical questions such as "is the customer always right."

Interview Question – Is the customer always right?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – I was offered a job a few days later. There was no negotiating the pay rate. When I showed up for orientation, they already had me scheduled for the rest of that week, so be clear as to when you can start work after your initial orientation.

Wheeling, WV

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Kohl's in November 2010.

Interview Details – Ridiculous group interview where they ask several retail based questions and you have the others interviewing with you using your answer.

Interview Questions

• What would you do with an angry customer? Are they always right?   View Answer
  • Describe a time you went above and beyond the call of duty?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase. You take what they give you.

South Lebanon, OH

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kohl's in August 2011.

Interview Details – Today I went to my first ever job interview at Kohl's and it wasnt all that bad. When I first went in I went to customer service and told them Im here for a job interview, they then handed me a employment application and I had to fill that out while a couple others came and also filled out an application. Since there were a 2 other filling them out with me I then knew it was going to be a group interview, I hoped for an individual interview though.

Well after we were done we waited a few minutes and then went into a room with a table where we were seated at and this is where the group interview began. The interviewer then asked us questions one by one randomly, so he would start with someone first and then the other person would be first for the next question and so on. The very first question we were asked was our name and also a little bit about ourselves and why we wanted to work at Kohl's.

After about 6 to 8 questions were asked we then filled out 3 forms which consisted of what are some references, your authorization for a drug test, and also for criminal background check. So after everything was filled out we were free to leave. Overall it wasn't that bad but I would have much preferred a 1:1 interview since you are able to tell more about yourself personally.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Kohl's?   View Answer
  • What is your opinion on the phrase "The customer is always right"?   View Answer

Aurora, OH

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kohl's in April 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online received phone call that day for an interview, arrived at interview filled out application, interviewed with one person who was the head of the department, filled out more paperwork.
Received offer one week later and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Is the customer always right? Why or why not?   View Answer
  • Have you ever had a conflict with a co-worker, how did you handle it?   Answer Question
  • Have you ever gone above and beyond for a customer, give specific example?   Answer Question

Freight Associate

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Kohl's in November 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online through Snagajob and received a call about 5 days later to set up an interview for the following Friday. The interview was with a group of 4 other people and the two hiring managers. One asked the questions while the other wrote down a score. It was all very relaxed. Everyone took turns being the first to answer the questions. After the interview was over we were given paperwork to fill out with our availability and references. I have yet to hear from Kohl's.

Interview Questions

Worked for Kohl's? Contribute to the Community!