Kohl's Interview Questions in Houston, TX

Updated Aug 23, 2015

2.3

Retail Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in League City, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (League City, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online it took about 2 weeks they called me got an interview and everything was basically quick & everyone was very professional and nice After I got hired we had 3 days of orientation which helped prepare us better for what we were getting ourselves into! The interview was just like any other job interview. Easy. Fast. I did have to write down on an in-store application just to make things easy for the interview though! Everything was quick and the lady that interviewed me was very nice!

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Met with a campus recruiter at an on campus career fair. Obtained some info from them and left them with my resume. Was contacted about a week later to set up the initial interview, which took place on campus with a current store manager. In depth questions, they are looking for specific examples of how you have handled problems/situations in the past. From there I was contacted about 2 weeks later to let me know that I was selected for the final interview. This interview took place in a store with 2 district managers. They each interviewed the candidates 1-on-1 and took detailed notes. They are also looking for specific leadership examples related to the questions they ask. After the interviews with the district managers I was given a tour of the store. I heard back from Kohls the following week and accepted the position. I loved how excited everyone seemed about working for Kohls, they really did seem like a family. The managers who interviewed me were all very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you made a mistake/did something wrong; how did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in Kohls specifically?   Answer Question
    • Give examples of times you have been a leader, be it in a job or campus organization   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Operations Area Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Humble, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Humble, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

Quick and Brief Interviewing store manager did not have much time. We discussed my past experience and he gave me a general description of the job and what tasked i would be performing . I had a second interview with my direct supervisor to further evaluate my compatibility with the team.

Interview Questions

• What do you believe you bring to the table?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Houston, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

Met recruiter at college career fair and was offered an interview for only a few days later. Interviewers were very nice and easy to converse with. Questions were read from a sheet of paper. Questions were expected, except all had a little twist than what I had prepared, therefore it was just slightly more difficult than expected.

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Houston, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview last for about 30 minutes, with about 6-7 general questions. Most of them are "what did you do" type of questions. These questions are very easy, but it will show your personality and managerial behaviors. I was expecting to be asked some questions related to Kohl's or any experiences related to retail management, but most of them asking about failures and mistakes in the past.

Store Management Trainee (MIT) Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kohl's (Houston, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

I originally found out about the Store Management Trainee (MIT) Program at my university's career fair. I was not impressed by the on-campus recruiters working at their booth. They seemed bored and gave off the impression they didn't want to be there. However, I was able to find out some information about the program and was able to sign up for an interview for following week after giving them my resume. After rescheduling the interview several times do to problems with our schedules I was able to have a phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes. The woman who did my interview was very nice and very apologetic for having to reschedule and seemed very friendly overall. Throughout the interview, the phone call was dropped several times causing me to repeat the answer to several of her questions. At the end of the interview she allowed me to ask any questions and then said to check my email for a link to apply for the position through their website. After several days passed and I still hadn't received an email I called and left a voicemail followed by another voicemail a week later. Neither call was returned and I have yet to hear from my interviewer and don't expect to at this point.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you didn't accomplish a task and how you handled it. Who are the 3 most influential people in your life and what is a lesson you have learned from one of them?   Answer Question

AA Area Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Houston, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

I worked for Kohls for a little over 2 years before applying for a management position. The interview process was fairly easy. I was interviewed by my store manager, the AA assistant manager, and the district manager. The district manager interviewed me by phone after my first interview. It was very relaxed. It was a lengthy process. I didn't here back from them for over a month. That part of the process was the most annoying. Although I kind of knew I had the job (hints), they are advised not to speak of it. Some of the applicants were told during their first interview that they weren't fit for this specific position and they could apply for another position of it became available. The other ones that had a chance were left hanging until the right candidate was chosen. The big reveal happens during a huddle. In my opinion they should have been told ahead of time.

Interview Questions

• What can you contribute that the other managers are not?   1 Answer
    • What do you think the most challenging thing will be for you if chosen?   Answer Question

AA Area Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pearland, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Pearland, TX).

Interview

usual question process that every company uses

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kohl's (Houston, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

I applied in store, got a call about a week later and set up an interview date. The interview was pretty standard and surprisingly fast; it was over in about 20 minutes. I found out on the spot whether or not I got the job. I filled out some paperwork afterwards and was told I'd get a call once my background check is done.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond your line of duty. How did you feel about it?   Answer Question

The pay starts at minimum wage, and my current job pays more, so I decided to stay at my current job.

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baytown, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Baytown, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

applied on snagajob.com and they called in a week then hired on the spot.

Negotiation

none