Kohl's

Relevance Date Difficulty

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Kohl's in January 2010.

Interview Details – Interviews are initiated by HR and recruiting departments. Once you're pre-qualified here you are sent to the DM for another interview usually done one on one. Sometimes the DM will include other SM's to assist in group interviewing process. Standard behavioral interviewing process is used and same questions referred to. As long as you can provide specific examples that relate to team building, soliciting credit and servicing customers to drive results, you're in. They eat that junk up...

Interview Question – Most impactful - Tell me about your most significant accomplishment .....   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, offers are thought out and managed through DM/RM and HR to be as fair and as competitive as possible.

Store Management Trainee (MIT) Program Interview

Store Management Trainee (MIT) Program
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Kohl's in February 2014.

Interview Details – I originally found out about the Store Management Trainee (MIT) Program at my university's career fair. I was not impressed by the on-campus recruiters working at their booth. They seemed bored and gave off the impression they didn't want to be there. However, I was able to find out some information about the program and was able to sign up for an interview for following week after giving them my resume. After rescheduling the interview several times do to problems with our schedules I was able to have a phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes. The woman who did my interview was very nice and very apologetic for having to reschedule and seemed very friendly overall. Throughout the interview, the phone call was dropped several times causing me to repeat the answer to several of her questions. At the end of the interview she allowed me to ask any questions and then said to check my email for a link to apply for the position through their website. After several days passed and I still hadn't received an email I called and left a voicemail followed by another voicemail a week later. Neither call was returned and I have yet to hear from my interviewer and don't expect to at this point.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you didn't accomplish a task and how you handled it.

Who are the 3 most influential people in your life and what is a lesson you have learned from one of them?
  Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in February 2014.

Interview Details – Met recruiter at college career fair and was offered an interview for only a few days later. Interviewers were very nice and easy to converse with. Questions were read from a sheet of paper. Questions were expected, except all had a little twist than what I had prepared, therefore it was just slightly more difficult than expected.

Interview Question – Name a time you did not step up to become a leader.   Answer Question

Manager In Training Interview

Manager In Training
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Kohl's in February 2014.

Interview Details – The interview last for about 30 minutes, with about 6-7 general questions. Most of them are "what did you do" type of questions. These questions are very easy, but it will show your personality and managerial behaviors. I was expecting to be asked some questions related to Kohl's or any experiences related to retail management, but most of them asking about failures and mistakes in the past.

Interview Question – No difficult question in the first interview   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sale Associate Interview

Sale Associate
Baytown, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kohl's in May 2013.

Interview Details – applied on snagajob.com and they called in a week then hired on the spot.

Negotiation Details – none

POS Associate Interview

POS Associate
Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kohl's in July 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed for a new store opening. The interview was a group interview that took place in a hotel. The group was about 10 people and 2 interviewers who were managers for the new store. They asked questions and went around in a circle giving each of us a chance to answer. Offered a job the next couple of days.

Interview Question – Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Very Easy Interview

AA Area Supervisor Interview

AA Area Supervisor
Pearland, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details – usual question process that every company uses

Interview Question – can you start right right now   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Sales Associate/Cashier
Houston, TX

I applied in-person - interviewed at Kohl's in July 2013.

Interview Details – I applied in store, got a call about a week later and set up an interview date. The interview was pretty standard and surprisingly fast; it was over in about 20 minutes. I found out on the spot whether or not I got the job. I filled out some paperwork afterwards and was told I'd get a call once my background check is done.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you went above and beyond your line of duty. How did you feel about it?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The pay starts at minimum wage, and my current job pays more, so I decided to stay at my current job.

Associate Interview

Associate
Pasadena, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in May 2013.

Interview Details – You apply on snagajob.com only. The people were pretty good and they are all fairly nice. My only problem was that they were fairly busy when they scheduled my interviews so I ended up sitting for a while waiting.

Interview Question – They were your typical questions during any customer service position interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

MMJ Sales Associate Interview

MMJ Sales Associate
League City, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Kohl's in August 2011.

Interview Details – With kohl's, I had two interviews. The first interview was with the store manager. She asked me my skills, recent places I worked and the positions I held. She also asked me what type of hours I was looking to work. I did well with the interview, but she wanted the assistant store manager to go over an interview with me also. So, the following day I interviewed with the assistant and was called the next day for an offer of employment.

Interview Question – What have you done at one of your previous jobs that went above and beyond.   Answer Question

Worked for Kohl's? Contribute to the Community!