Kohl's

2.2

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in February 2014.

Met recruiter at college career fair and was offered an interview for only a few days later. Interviewers were very nice and easy to converse with. Questions were read from a sheet of paper. Questions were expected, except all had a little twist than what I had prepared, therefore it was just slightly more difficult than expected.

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kohl's in February 2014.

The interview last for about 30 minutes, with about 6-7 general questions. Most of them are "what did you do" type of questions. These questions are very easy, but it will show your personality and managerial behaviors. I was expecting to be asked some questions related to Kohl's or any experiences related to retail management, but most of them asking about failures and mistakes in the past.

Store Management Trainee (MIT) Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Kohl's in February 2014.

I originally found out about the Store Management Trainee (MIT) Program at my university's career fair. I was not impressed by the on-campus recruiters working at their booth. They seemed bored and gave off the impression they didn't want to be there. However, I was able to find out some information about the program and was able to sign up for an interview for following week after giving them my resume. After rescheduling the interview several times do to problems with our schedules I was able to have a phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes. The woman who did my interview was very nice and very apologetic for having to reschedule and seemed very friendly overall. Throughout the interview, the phone call was dropped several times causing me to repeat the answer to several of her questions. At the end of the interview she allowed me to ask any questions and then said to check my email for a link to apply for the position through their website. After several days passed and I still hadn't received an email I called and left a voicemail followed by another voicemail a week later. Neither call was returned and I have yet to hear from my interviewer and don't expect to at this point.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you didn't accomplish a task and how you handled it.

Who are the 3 most influential people in your life and what is a lesson you have learned from one of them?

Answer Question

AA Area Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearland, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearland, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kohl's.

usual question process that every company uses

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person – interviewed at Kohl's in July 2013.

I applied in store, got a call about a week later and set up an interview date. The interview was pretty standard and surprisingly fast; it was over in about 20 minutes. I found out on the spot whether or not I got the job. I filled out some paperwork afterwards and was told I'd get a call once my background check is done.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond your line of duty. How did you feel about it?   Answer Question

The pay starts at minimum wage, and my current job pays more, so I decided to stay at my current job.

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baytown, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baytown, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's in May 2013.

applied on snagajob.com and they called in a week then hired on the spot.

none

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in May 2013.

You apply on snagajob.com only. The people were pretty good and they are all fairly nice. My only problem was that they were fairly busy when they scheduled my interviews so I ended up sitting for a while waiting.

Interview Questions
    • They were your typical questions during any customer service position interview.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conroe, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conroe, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kohl's in September 2011.

Very relaxed atmosphere, we were asked about ourselves and then asked 4 questions. Questions that made you think but were not very difficult! Overall Good experience!

Interview Questions
    • What is a time that you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

MMJ Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in League City, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in League City, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kohl's in August 2011.

With kohl's, I had two interviews. The first interview was with the store manager. She asked me my skills, recent places I worked and the positions I held. She also asked me what type of hours I was looking to work. I did well with the interview, but she wanted the assistant store manager to go over an interview with me also. So, the following day I interviewed with the assistant and was called the next day for an offer of employment.

Interview Questions
    • What have you done at one of your previous jobs that went above and beyond.   Answer Question

POS Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's in July 2011.

Interviewed for a new store opening. The interview was a group interview that took place in a hotel. The group was about 10 people and 2 interviewers who were managers for the new store. They asked questions and went around in a circle giving each of us a chance to answer. Offered a job the next couple of days.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question
    No negotiation