Kohl's

Average Difficulty
16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in February 2014.

Interview Details – Met recruiter at college career fair and was offered an interview for only a few days later. Interviewers were very nice and easy to converse with. Questions were read from a sheet of paper. Questions were expected, except all had a little twist than what I had prepared, therefore it was just slightly more difficult than expected.

Interview Question – Name a time you did not step up to become a leader.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in February 2014.

Interview Details – I requested an interview from my school's career website. I had a 30 minute interview and then was invited back for the final interview which included a case study and two more 30 minute interviews.

Interview Question – Explain a time when you made a mistake.   Answer Question

Athens, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in September 2013.

Interview Details – I met them at a career fair at my school, passed on my resume, and then waited. Within about a week I got a call and an email asking me to interview. It was two rounds of interviews, with the first being strictly behavioral, and the second interview being half behavioral and then being more of a "how would you handle this situation" style.

Interview Question – My most difficult question came when they asked me to describe a time that I had failed and what I learned from it - not because I'd never failed, but because I hadn't had anything major that I'd failed at outside of school.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiating for internship offers.

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details – Went to a campus recruiting event on a whim and met a few alumni who now worked for Kohl's. They were nice enough and after networking for awhile, I was asked to interview at the campus career center the next day. Several other students were picked as well and we were interviewed one-on-one in 30 minute intervals. The recruiter was pleasant and it definitely felt like a conversation, which was helpful. During the interview and despite my polished answers, it seemed as though they could tell I didn't really care much for retail or the job. We actually had an open and frank discussion towards the end about my career goals and all that jazz. He was very understanding and actually directed me to recruiters and contacts in other companies I was more interested in! Having passed the behavioral interview decently - I think if I had really wanted the job, I probably would have gotten it.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was "Why do you want to work in the retail industry?"   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details – On-campus interview
Group interview; including 3 1:1 interviews back to back

Interview Question – Standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details – Kohl's recruiter attended on campus career fair. I applied through on campus career services and was accepted for an interview. The interview lasted for about 30 minutes and I was asked a variety of questions; behavioral, about Kohl's, the position, and fashion industry. I was given a 10 page packet with 10 different case study questions. I was able to pick one question and explain my answer during interview.

Interview Question – What is something Kohl's does that you admire/What should Kohl's change.
Short case study question.
  Answer Question

Intern

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details – Process started out with an on campus meet and greet where I just talked with the campus representative for a few minutes. Then they called back about five people to travel to the DC location and have another 3-4 interviews. After the interviews, I received an offer within five days.

Interview Question – The questions were very general and easy, they tried to see if you fit in with their values and culture   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in March 2013.

Interview Details – A recruiter came to my university to recruit for an Intern and MIT job opportunities. Applied through my universities job search in which I got called back for an interview. The questions they ask are pretty generic, in which they ask why there want to work with Kohl's. Same with the second interview.

Interview Question – I had a group interview at the end where we had to talk among other interviewers to plan a case, where we had to plan work around a busy week at work.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details – I went to the career fair and spoke with a recruiter. Then applied for an interview. Had first interview at my college and the second rounds they flew everyone out to the corporate office. First interview was with two different people for about 10-15 minutes each. Second rounds we had a breakfast and information session, then we had interviews with 3 different people. And last we had a group interview. I was with 6 other interviewees and we discussed an action plan for a situation while 3 interviewers watched in on the conversation.

Interview Question – Can't remember! pretty basic questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotation. They gave housing and it's paid. They take care of you.

Interviewed at Kohl's

Interview Details – Process is a three part process - step one is a one-on-one with a recruiter or campus liaison. The questions are functional (pretty simple) and it should only take about 30 min. Be prepared and bring your resume - even though they have it, it helps to look ready.

Interview Question – When did you make a mistake that had a large cost and how did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Worked for Kohl's? Contribute to the Community!