Kohl's Intern Interview Questions

Updated Oct 8, 2014

2.6

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in February 2014.

I requested an interview from my school's career website. I had a 30 minute interview and then was invited back for the final interview which included a case study and two more 30 minute interviews.

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in February 2014.

Met recruiter at college career fair and was offered an interview for only a few days later. Interviewers were very nice and easy to converse with. Questions were read from a sheet of paper. Questions were expected, except all had a little twist than what I had prepared, therefore it was just slightly more difficult than expected.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kohl's.

Went to a campus recruiting event on a whim and met a few alumni who now worked for Kohl's. They were nice enough and after networking for awhile, I was asked to interview at the campus career center the next day. Several other students were picked as well and we were interviewed one-on-one in 30 minute intervals. The recruiter was pleasant and it definitely felt like a conversation, which was helpful. During the interview and despite my polished answers, it seemed as though they could tell I didn't really care much for retail or the job. We actually had an open and frank discussion towards the end about my career goals and all that jazz. He was very understanding and actually directed me to recruiters and contacts in other companies I was more interested in! Having passed the behavioral interview decently - I think if I had really wanted the job, I probably would have gotten it.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was "Why do you want to work in the retail industry?"   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's.

On-campus interview
    Group interview; including 3 1:1 interviews back to back

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's.

Kohl's recruiter attended on campus career fair. I applied through on campus career services and was accepted for an interview. The interview lasted for about 30 minutes and I was asked a variety of questions; behavioral, about Kohl's, the position, and fashion industry. I was given a 10 page packet with 10 different case study questions. I was able to pick one question and explain my answer during interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is something Kohl's does that you admire/What should Kohl's change.
      Short case study question.
        Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Kohl's.

Process started out with an on campus meet and greet where I just talked with the campus representative for a few minutes. Then they called back about five people to travel to the DC location and have another 3-4 interviews. After the interviews, I received an offer within five days.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very general and easy, they tried to see if you fit in with their values and culture   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in September 2013.

I met them at a career fair at my school, passed on my resume, and then waited. Within about a week I got a call and an email asking me to interview. It was two rounds of interviews, with the first being strictly behavioral, and the second interview being half behavioral and then being more of a "how would you handle this situation" style.

Interview Questions
    • My most difficult question came when they asked me to describe a time that I had failed and what I learned from it - not because I'd never failed, but because I hadn't had anything major that I'd failed at outside of school.   View Answer
    No negotiating for internship offers.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Kohl's.

I went to the career fair and spoke with a recruiter. Then applied for an interview. Had first interview at my college and the second rounds they flew everyone out to the corporate office. First interview was with two different people for about 10-15 minutes each. Second rounds we had a breakfast and information session, then we had interviews with 3 different people. And last we had a group interview. I was with 6 other interviewees and we discussed an action plan for a situation while 3 interviewers watched in on the conversation.

Interview Questions
    No negotation. They gave housing and it's paid. They take care of you.

Intern Interview

Process is a three part process - step one is a one-on-one with a recruiter or campus liaison. The questions are functional (pretty simple) and it should only take about 30 min. Be prepared and bring your resume - even though they have it, it helps to look ready.

Interview Questions
    • When did you make a mistake that had a large cost and how did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Kohl's.

Talked with a recruiter at our career fair and applied through career services. They requested for an on campus interview about a week later. The interview was very informal and I was only asked to answer 6 questions. After that I spent the remaining time asking about the internship. The interviewer was very friendly and talkative.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you worked with a colleague or customer that was difficult and how you worked things out.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you made a mistake and how you corrected it.   Answer Question