Kohl's Intern Interview Questions

Updated May 5, 2015

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in February 2015.

Interview

They were extremely friendly and attentive. The process was quick and pleasant. I met a recruiter at the career fair and had an interview a week after that. The second interview took place two weeks later at the local Kohl's store and I got a response the same week. All three interviewers were very nice. The questions they asked were the common behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you made a mistake and how you reacted.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's (Riverside, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

There was two interview the first one was at my school and it was a casual conversational interview that was one on on. The second was at their distribution center. The second interview I was interviewed by 3 different people and then I was given a tour of the location.

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's (Hartford, CT) in October 2014.

Interview

on campus, submit resume and the recruiter invited an interview in campus. the process is normal, just ask some behavior questions. 2 people interviewed me. one is asking another is writing. they just read a list of questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in February 2014.

Interview

I requested an interview from my school's career website. I had a 30 minute interview and then was invited back for the final interview which included a case study and two more 30 minute interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's (Houston, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

Met recruiter at college career fair and was offered an interview for only a few days later. Interviewers were very nice and easy to converse with. Questions were read from a sheet of paper. Questions were expected, except all had a little twist than what I had prepared, therefore it was just slightly more difficult than expected.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Went to a campus recruiting event on a whim and met a few alumni who now worked for Kohl's. They were nice enough and after networking for awhile, I was asked to interview at the campus career center the next day. Several other students were picked as well and we were interviewed one-on-one in 30 minute intervals. The recruiter was pleasant and it definitely felt like a conversation, which was helpful. During the interview and despite my polished answers, it seemed as though they could tell I didn't really care much for retail or the job. We actually had an open and frank discussion towards the end about my career goals and all that jazz. He was very understanding and actually directed me to recruiters and contacts in other companies I was more interested in! Having passed the behavioral interview decently - I think if I had really wanted the job, I probably would have gotten it.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was "Why do you want to work in the retail industry?"   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

On-campus interview Group interview; including 3 1:1 interviews back to back

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Kohl's recruiter attended on campus career fair. I applied through on campus career services and was accepted for an interview. The interview lasted for about 30 minutes and I was asked a variety of questions; behavioral, about Kohl's, the position, and fashion industry. I was given a 10 page packet with 10 different case study questions. I was able to pick one question and explain my answer during interview.

Interview Questions

• What is something Kohl's does that you admire/What should Kohl's change. Short case study question.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Process started out with an on campus meet and greet where I just talked with the campus representative for a few minutes. Then they called back about five people to travel to the DC location and have another 3-4 interviews. After the interviews, I received an offer within five days.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very general and easy, they tried to see if you fit in with their values and culture   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kohl's (Athens, GA) in September 2013.

Interview

I met them at a career fair at my school, passed on my resume, and then waited. Within about a week I got a call and an email asking me to interview. It was two rounds of interviews, with the first being strictly behavioral, and the second interview being half behavioral and then being more of a "how would you handle this situation" style.

Interview Questions

• My most difficult question came when they asked me to describe a time that I had failed and what I learned from it - not because I'd never failed, but because I hadn't had anything major that I'd failed at outside of school.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating for internship offers.