Kohl's

838 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Sales Floor Associate

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kohl's in October 2011.

Interview Details – When I was interviewed (in 2011) it was a group interview. Not sure if that's changed. Hiring process fairly easy, training is all done on the computer and then you're kinda thrown into shadowing for about 2 days. POS training is about 2 hours long. It's easy to pick up on though so don't be afraid to just jump in and ask questions!

Interview Question – "Why should we hire you?"   Answer Question

Freight Associate Interview

Freight Associate
Monrovia, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in September 2012.

Interview Details – Apply online and just give them a call a few days later. During holiday hiring they have hundreds of potential interviews. You will start in a group interview and they will ask you the basic questions you've been asked before, such as; "What is great customer service to you?". Best advice here is just try to stand out, they want someone outgoing. After that they could give you a second interview right away or they will call you a bit later. The second interview pertains more to where they want to put you so it'll be questions about lifting things or sellings cards. If you can do what they want and have decent availability then you're golden.

Interview Question – Alot of personality questions in the group interview so be ready to be vague.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details – Started as a Manager-In-Training interview was completed on campus, 3 1-1 interview and a group interview portion. These seems like similar questions managerial based, team based questions, leadership and behavior questions as well. Group portion was acting as a management team and prioritizing tasks together to rank importance.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation, signing bonus of 2k

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Sales Floor Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details – I submitted an online resume and was called for an interview within a few days. It was a group interview. It began with us filling out applications even though we had already filled them out online. Then the interviewer went around asking each of the 4 applicants typical interview questions.

Interview Question – What would your last employer say is your greatest strength and your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Technology Analyst

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in January 2010.

Interview Details – 4 hour interview for an L2 programming position. Met with directors, programmers, applied for Analyst position, but was interviewed for a Programmer position. There were 3 separate interview dates, with about a week in between, with an additional week waiting for their decision.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions...all fairly rote and unimaginative, by the book, "how to interview a prospective employee" questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was not able to negotiate, was presented with salary and could either accept or decline.

Sales Associate (Customer Service, MJM, Jewelry, POS) Interview

Sales Associate (Customer Service, MJM, Jewelry, POS)
Cherry Hill, NJ

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details – Applied by going to the store and completing a paper application. I received a phone call for a group interview within a week. I went in for the group interview which lasted about 25 - 30 minutes, at which time they had those they were interested in stay and complete hiring paperwork - availability forms, background forms, drug testing forms (depending on position). Once background check and drug test came back I received a call with a job offer for seasonal hire within a week of interview. I was offered permanent status after the holiday seasonal ended.

Interview Question – Giving examples of times you were, i.e. upset by a person, how you helped someone in a bad place turn in around, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotion phase for initial hire, it is what they offer. Promotion time, I negotiated and that was successful.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Kohl's in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and was sent an email within 2 days. Was scheduled for a group interview a week later. I went in early & they had me fill out an application in the break room. They asked about availability and said they would call within 2 weeks since they had more interviews later on that day. Today is day one.

Interview Question – Name a time when there was a conflict & how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Equipment Operator Interview

Equipment Operator
San Bernardino, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in September 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online. After a week I called their HR department. They told me to come in for interview. Interview was in group format, A few days after interview got phone call to come in for drug test(swab). I started a few days later. The whole process took about 3 weeks.

Overnight Freight Associate Interview

Overnight Freight Associate
Elmhurst, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in July 2014.

Interview Details – Group Interview with 6-7 other people of different positions. I was only one for freight associate. others were for POS cashiers and sales memeber positions. We all were asked the same questions and mostly answered differently and some with similarity on the yes and no questions. The interviewer asked questions ranging about availability, when i given great customer service, how you deal with irrate customer, Tell something about ourselves and some other questions. Questions required some clear concised answers from top of your heads. Overall it took a decent hour or so for the whole process

Interview Question – Is the customer is always right? Answer was YES   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Availability and Pay

POS Associate Interview

POS Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details – They called and I came in for a group interview. Basic questions, and they asked us all the same ones so you could prepare an answer if another interviewee went before you.They basically promised us all the job and scheduled our first day for training.

Interview Question – None of the questions were unexpected. All along the lines of working with a team, with a person you didn't get along with, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Worked for Kohl's? Contribute to the Community!