Kohl's Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015
1,362 Interview Reviews

2.2

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

I applied for the jobs on online. Part (2) was the personality test. A few days later I called in for a interview. I was advised they had other applicants and I would hear from the Hiring Manager at a later time. Two days later I was called with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Why should we consider you as an associate?   2 Answers

POS Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

There was a group interview. You then call to set up an individual interview. They ask about customer service experience and suggest scenarios you could end up in. You are asked to find solutions to theses imaginary scenarios.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have working in customer service?   Answer Question

Kohls Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

The interview was short. My availability was a key factor in my employment. I was able to set a follow-up and start date within days of the first interview.

POS Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Utica, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Utica, NY).

Interview

I filled out an application and they emailed me the next day to set up an appointment and I came in and I was hired on the spot both interviews on the same day

Interview Questions

• Are customers always right ?   1 Answer
    • What did you like and dislike about your precious job?   1 Answer
    • What would your supervisor say about you ?   1 Answer
    • What did you like about your manager ? (any)   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you helped without being asked to   1 Answer
    • Fundraisers ?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

One on campus interview. Then invited to Milwaukee to interview with 3 people in a row. Interviewers varied in title but were mostly managers/leads. A nice hotel was provided and transportation was compensated (or flights were provided). All the questions were behavioral and there were never any technical. There was also dinner provided the night prior to the interviews where you could talk with current employees and other potential interns.

Interview Questions

• One I can remember: What is the biggest risk you have taken?   Answer Question

Area Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portage, MI

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Kohl's (Portage, MI).

Interview

store manager one on one an hr manager this took about a hour each interview.after a couple of days I was offered the position then I did a week of computer training. Went to other stores to train

Interview Questions

• How can you make a positive impact on the team   1 Answer

POS Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

I had a group interview. Not always the case but it was close to black friday and they were hiring a lot. Two people were there to listen as we answered around in a circle.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (DeKalb, IL).

Interview

I was at a college career fair (Northern Illinois University) and invited to an interview after speaking with 3 members of managment, from there I had a one on one interview and was invited to the next step. Lastly there was about 5 different people interviewing a group of around 20 of us. (3 different days and interviews)

Interview Questions

• Why Kohl's? Tell me about a time you failed at something and how did you handle it? Tell me about a time you were late and how did you handle it? How would you motivate an under performing team.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Applied online, got a call about a week later for a Group interview, easy questions not intimidating, relax workplace environment. The store manager came in to tell us about the company and his expectations, nothing out of the ordinary. Simply help customers, respond to backup calls, fold clothes, clean fitting rooms out and maintain sales floor.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Group interview with very basic questions. During the interview they said their would be a drug screening which caused a few people to leave. However, I was never drug tested and got the job.

Interview Questions

• Give a situation in your life where you solved a difficult problem?   Answer Question