Kohl's

2.2

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kohl's.

Three steps, first met with a campus manager at a career fair, then scheduled an interview with some store managers, and then had a final interview with some district managers at a store. All interviews were complex, they took good notes and really were looking to find the right person for the job. They aren't joking around!

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      What have you been doing in your career that has made you successful?
      Tell me about a time you failed
      How do you motivate people?

Answer Question

MIT Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Kohl's.

The interview process was very easy. They ask a lot of behavioral questions and then do some testing about data analysis and math. The actual process took a couple days and involved talked witH company executives as well as presenting in front of a large panel displaying any leadership or organization skills. Ultimately they want to know what you want out of them.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time when you were put into a challenging situation how did you get out?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Kohl's.

Phone interviews and then there was a group interview, Hr went around asking all of us the same questions. Most of the questions were behavioral questions. Nothing was too difficult and everyone was nice and polite. Afterwards I got the initial call that I got hired, I started about 1 week later. I was trained the first day and by the next day I was by my own,

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's.

I applied online and got called the same day to schedule an interview. I scheduled an interview for the following Thursday. It was a group interview (all college students, me being the only one with no work experience) with a manager leading the interview and another taking notes on our responses. Overall the interview was fairly easy. The interviewer asked simple questions and it went well. Now I'm just waiting to hear if I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Merchandise Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Kohl's.

They recruited on my campus so I went and talked to them at career fair then applied. Went through two more interviews on campus then was asked to move onto final interview event in Milwaukee. Went through three more interviews there.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where you had to use fact finding skills to find an answer?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's.

I applied Nov 10th 2014 and was called to set up an interview two days later. Although it was a seasonal position this interview was surprisingly solo and not group. It was probably the easiest interview I've ever been to.
    Also, to my surprise it was only one interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself?
      Previous experience?
      Am I comfortable offering credit

Answer Question

Sales Floor Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's.

The interview was with a group of 9 or so people. The interviewer asked each person a question. Lasted about an hour and a half. The interview was a bit awkward as I was the only person under the age of 20. Interviewer asked questions about how is being positive important in the workplace and kind of showed favoritism toward one person.

Interview Questions
    • Pretend that I am a customer. Try to sell me a Kohl's card.   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kohl's in February 2015.

Applied online, got a called about a week later from a lady who told me my interview time and date. Showed up and there was 4 other applicants also. It was a group interview, he sat us at a table with a pen and paper for each of us asking our availability. He just went around the table asking questions and he did most of the talking. Store manager was really nice, interview was easy. When he was finished talking he called each of us to his office one by one to hand him our paper and to ask personal questions. So far the best interview experience I've had.

POS Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's.

Interview was easy. It was a group interview with very easy questions. Everyone just copied what each person said. This was the only interview, and they called me back within 5 days and offered me the position.

Interview Questions
    • what would you do if a customer asked you a question, and you didn't know the answer.   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Kohls Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's.

It was a group interview. They tried to see as much of our personalities. Be positive, explain how the customer is always right. I didn't know if I was going to get the job because everyone in my group already had previous retail experience.

Interview Questions
    • A difficult situation you've faced dealing with a customer? How did you handle it?   Answer Question