Kohl's Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2015
1,082 Interview Reviews

2.2

Sales Floor Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Kohl's.

Interview process was very easy. First sat for a group interview, then I was to call the manager back to see if I still wanted to come in for an individual interview. The interview was pleasant, not hard at all! After a few questions, I was asked to start the paperwork to move forward!

Interview Questions
    • What challenges have you faced in the workplace perviously, and how did you handle that?   Answer Question

Manager In Training Interview

I did the interview online on my iPad through HireVue where I recorded my answers. There were 5 questions and they gave you 30 seconds to prepare your answer for each. It was very quick and it was really nice that I was able to complete the interview on my own time in the privacy of my apartment

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you made a mistake.
      What were you favorite boss or mentors traits?

Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Kohl's.

Applied via Snagajob, was called two days later to schedule for an interview the following week. The interview was a group interview with 3 other people, the questions were very easy. Why do you want to work here, what would you do if you didn't know a customer's question, what's a time where you worked with a difficult person an how did you handle it. I got called back two days later to fill out paperwork regarding my availability and to write more references. The manager said she would call my references and then offer me a position, so now I'm just waiting.

Kohls Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kohl's.

The whole process took a month. The interview wasn't for a specific position and it was a group interview where we were asked the same questions and took turns answering. The interviewer was very unprofessional and clearly did not know what she was doing. The questions being asked weren't hard, but everyone basically had the same answers.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a customer's question that you didn't know the answer to? Describe a time where you had to handle a difficult situation... etc.   Answer Question

POS Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Kohl's.

quick and easy, the interviewer asked a few questions to all in the room. it was a group interview and people kind of piggy backed on what others had to say. the process was not rocket science. i was nervous but after a few minutes i calmed down and listened to what other interviewees had to say and tried to make my answers different from everyone else.

Interview Questions
    • what did you do to go above and beyond the call of duty   View Answer

Merchandise Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kohl's in March 2015.

I applied through my school's website. Before the interview I was given a case question about rather or not they should Launch a new product in the store. Then i was told to walk them through my resume and asked other questions about myself. There were no behavior questions.

Store Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Kohl's in March 2015.

So far I have been asked do an online assessment then I received an email to do an interview online with pre recorded questions. Still waiting on the following steps.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the qualities in your favorite supervisor/mentor?   Answer Question

Merchandise Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menomonee Falls, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Menomonee Falls, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in March 2015.

I have worked for Kohl's Department store for three years. This does NOT matter in the interview process/internship position. I spoke with a university recruiter on the phone and from there he sent me a link to the video interviews which you are given a week to complete. From there I was moved on to the third interview process. The night before the final interview event, Kohl's hosted a candidate dinner where you meet your group for the final interview's group case study. The dinner is relaxed and a current employee from the buying team will be there to talk with and answer your questions about the interview to their best ability. The next day you go to the Menomonee Falls corporate offices and eat brunch. Then they split up the candidates into two groups. One group will move on to their interviews and the others will tour the building and wellness center. The interviews were very relaxed with multiple people interviewees and interviewers in a room. Three one on one interviews take place and then the group study occurs. The case study is very important. Do not steam roll others, but make sure to participate and get your words out. As a retail merchandising student, I was intimidated by the finance majors in my group, therefore, effecting my performance and confidence. The case study was: "If Kohl's were to make a pop-up shop, where would they do it, what would they sell (products, assortment etc.), and at what price.

Interview Questions
    • What on your resume are you most proud of?   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with a vendor if they sent an order of 2,000 sandals to a Wisconsin store in November when it was supposed to go to a California store?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kohl's in March 2015.

The interview went well I thought. I was told I would receive an email the next day and didn't. I called that day to say I was still interested and I was told I would receive an email the next day. And yet again, I didn't. I was hoping to receive an email one way or another. Either an offer or they choice to select another candidate.

Store Management Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kohl's in March 2015.

The interview consisted of a case study, followed by two interviews with store managers. Interviewers and interviewees were gathered around the table for introductions. Immediately afterward, interviewees were assigned to groups - whoever is sitting next to you. There were two groups of 3. We were given 30 min to solve a management challenge. The prompt involved an employee who violated the dress code, an employee who had attendance issues, and an otherwise excellent associate who was rude to the district manager. After collaborating, we presented our strategies.

My first interview was awkward. My interviewer admitted that he was looking at the candidate questions, for the first time, during my interview... My resume was right there, but he didn't acknowledge it. It was pretty unprofessional and the interview was greatly hampered by his lack of preparation.

My second interviewer did most of the talking. I was really only asked why I wanted a position with Kohl's. It was pretty low-key. He stressed that Kohl's was looking for students serious about management, implying that he weeded out those trying to "test out" the profession.

** I just remembered that there was a test required before the face to face interview. There were a bunch of questions with "no right, or wrong answer." This is not true. Of course there is the personality indicator, but there are also management situations were you have options that you rank as being "the best" or "the worst." At the end there were 20 math questions. The last 5 were very difficult.