Kohl's Interview Questions & Reviews

2.2

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  La Habra, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Habra, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in August 2014.

I had a friend tell me that the location was hiring and she told me to apply. I went in person and asked for an application. I filled it out and then my friend told me to take it to her assistant manager. I introduced myself and gave her the application thinking she wasn't going to have time to talk to me, but she did and the first thing she asked me was "What are your strengths?", and also "What does your availability look like?". She told me she would start interviewing in a couple of weeks since she was going on vacation and she would give me a call then. Almost a month passed and I still hadn't heard from her so I figured she didn't like me, but a few days ago I got a call asking if I could go in this morning for an interview and I said yes. I went in thinking I would get a group interview like most of the people on here said, and so I was really nervous, but it turns out it was 1 on 1. Throughout the entire time I felt comfortable and at ease. She wasn't cold and seemed very engaged in the interview. It took about 10 min and after she was done she told me she had already made her decision and that I was hired!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself and what brought you to Kohl's?

What tasks did you enjoy doing at your previous employment and what was your least favorite thing to do?

How comfortable are you with selling a Kohl's charge card?

Tell me about a time in which you didn't get along with a coworker.

Which department would you feel more comfortable working in?
        Answer Question
    No negotiation. Pay rate begins at $9.05.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Troy, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Kohl's in October 2010.

Interview was brief, then a walk about around the store. Two day's later, just put on a register with a book to learn from. The book was not very helpful. You just pretty much had to learn on the job.

Replenishment Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in November 2013.

Most important thing is to be able to pass a background check. Most people who do not get hired is because they fail the background check. One on one interview, very basic.

Interview Questions
    • The main question asked is What is great customer service? and What's the most important thing you can do to prevent theft? Smile and say hi!!   Answer Question
    I was hired for seasonal, kind of take it or leave it.

Sales Associate (Customer Service, MJM, Jewelry, POS) Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's.

You fill out an application online, if they are hiring they call you immediately for an interview. They do group interviews and everybody takes turns answering a question. The questions weren't too difficult and the interview didn't last long. After the interview, the hiring process takes about two weeks because they have to interview more people and they do background checks.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a customer or a coworker.   Answer Question

Kohls Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Kohl's in August 2014.

Applied online. I believe they called me a couple weeks later to set up an interview. As I hadn't moved to town yet, I wasn't available, so they said they would move me into the next pool of applicants. They did, got a call a month later. One-on-one interview with the store manager. It was a relatively relaxed interview. After filling out paperwork, he asked about job history. Told me about the work environment, which seems pretty friendly and fun. He joked with all the other employees I saw. Asked why I wanted to work there. What good customer service means, how I would make sure a customer was happy. Asked about a difficult time I had with a coworker and how I handled it. Checked on availability, especially before store opens and after store closes, since holidays are coming up. Said he thought I would fit in well and I filled out background check and reference paperwork. 3 business days later I got a phone call with a job offer and orientation information.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, most difficult and unexpected question was, "Is the customer always right?" Uhhhh, definitely not, but how do you say that in an acceptable way? Basically, there are things like store policy that get in the way of them being right, but other than that...yes...always right.   Answer Question

POS Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Kohl's in February 2013.

After my application was sent I waited around 3 weeks for a response. I was called by a manager to set up my interview. When I arrived I was sent to the office to talk one on one with the manager. I was asked mainly about my experience, this was my second job, but I was assured that if hired any help I needed would be provided. I was only asked about 10 questions, such as: "why do you want to work here" "what are your strengths" "do you believe you can perform more than one task at a time if asked" "can you interact with people who may be upset or angry and may take it out on you" and "are you able to cooperate with others even despite differences or disagreements". After that I was told immediately if they wanted to hire me, and they invited me back for training.

Interview Questions
    • I was told about the companies main policies and how the store promised one thing, to provide a great shopping experience to all shoppers and to make sure everyone is helped out as much as possible. "At our store we want to provide a great experience to anyone who shops at our stores. When one customer has a good experience they will recommend our store to those they know. At your last job, although you were not in retail, was there any point at which you had to go out of your way to help someone and make make sure they were satisfied?"   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Kohl's.

Phone interview was a little odd. Recruiter wanted names of others that she could recruit which didn't make sense. Online assessment included 20 math story problems that were irrelevant for the job.

Better offer came along.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Milpitas, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in June 2014.

I was contacted on a job site about a possible fit for a Sr. Engineer role they were looking for to work at their Milpitas location. I had limited experience in the specific skills they were looking for but since I was contacted for the position and not the other way round, I thought that there might be something that might be of interest to me. There was no pre-screening phone interview that is usually done with most of the companies. I was scheduled for a 4:00 pm interview with a couple of people.
    The Recruiting Manager led me to a meeting room and my first interview started at around 4:30 pm. I was asked about my experience and the most challenging task I'd taken upon in my current company and other regular interview questions and some technical questions. After that I was asked to wait for the next interviewer and I waited for about half an hour but the other person did not turn up. In between, people are scrambling to find empty conference rooms to conduct meetings at like 5:15 pm. Most of the cubicles are still occupied. I had a feeling that they have no respect for the other person's time and effort. If you're unsure if somebody fits the bill, shouldn't a phone interview be done to make sure they might be a good fit? Why would you make somebody take half a day off from work to commute all the way and then make them wait for so long and then say the interviewer is busy in another meeting?
    To top it all, I was asked by the HR who delivered the news about the manager being unavailable if I wanted to come back to talk to that person who was then busy.

Interview Questions
    • Questions related to troubleshooting in production, tools used etc.   Answer Question

POS Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Grandville, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grandville, MI

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Kohl's in August 2014.

I applied yesterday afternoon online and received a call regarding the interview. my interview was this morning this afternoon the interview was a group interview it was pretty simple we went around the room told them about ourselves and answeredsome situational questions and fill out some paperwork while the two managers went on office and discuss some things we were then called out one by one summary not given a drop off your book summary given the job offer if the background check was clearedI'm hired in less than 24 hours of my application being submitted

Interview Questions
    • name a time you went above and beyond what happened customer   Answer Question

Point of Sales Specialistu Interview

Had a group interview and each person would go around the room answering the same questions so you had to think on your feet and be creative on how you answered it so that you stood out. Lots of situational questions. Hiring process was simple. I applied in store and within a week I received a call to come in for an interview. After the group interview the managers spoke in the office and one by one brought those of us in to answer some additional questions individually.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you caught a fellow associate being dishonest?   View Answer

Worked for Kohl's? Contribute to the Community!